• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beyond MBTI - A new study

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Wow! Very interesting OP... I need to digest it a bit.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Done. Nice test, gotta love the INTJ work ethic. Really interesting results so far.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My only concern is defining "when you were a child." I guess this is referring to period of time before anyone was 18, except for me, things from ages 1-8 and 9-14 and then 14-18 were all very different. So which age bracket should we really be focusing on?

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Childhood would be under 18.

There are two kinds of questions out there for 'childhood' experiences.

1. General atmosphere
2. Stress sources (Abuse, Divorce, Deaths, etc)

For the General Atmosphere questions, such as 'How much responsibility did you have' or 'What kind of student were you', I'd go with whatever was the majority for you up to age 18.

The Stress Sources questions, even if they only happened once when you were 17, these can still have a large impact. I would note these as 'yes' flags if they happened at all.

Most often those who lived through some of the more negative experiences aren't confused about whether or not it happened... they know and identify with it as a part of their past.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
thank you misty, i finished taking it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
N = 43% High Honor 24% Honor 14% Minimal to get by

I voted average, yet it doesn't show anything here. Might wanna fix that. :tongue:

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not all responses were posted for that part :D I think there was a 'failing' student in there too with both N's and S's but I didn't list those because there were only 1 or 2 responses on it.

There is a ton of data that can be sorted lots of ways. Each entry has to be entered in and then I run some queries and do some poking around to see if I can find anything that stands out in contrast to its counterparts.

I'll try to keep 'dates' on the updates that I do so folks can see how the data may have changed as we get more responses. I'd never be able to keep up with changing past data and posting new on a forum like this.

... Now if we had access to a spreadsheet... hehehe

If it gets cumbersome enough I may end up feeding the data to a live location where people can review it all for themselves.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Been busy for a day or two, but thanks for all the submissions. We've got well over a hundred now. Still lacking the S's, but there aren't many on the site to begin with :( I'll have more data to drop on here probably this weekend.

Danke!

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
You should ask about how attitudes to religion have changed.

Like i was brought up in a very religious familly. But i'm about as anti-religious as possible.

Apsaras

MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w6
Fascinating results. Please post more when you get them - I'll toss out the quiz to a few friends.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Since INTJ seems to be better in school, do you think ESFPs would have the hardest time in school? It makes some sense that INTJ would do so well in school because if you think of the individual preferences, school is more geared towards that. People who can focus, understand theory and details, think logically and prefer planning and structure. My husband is INTJ and we both went to college at the same time together. He seemed to get through the same coursework twice as fast as me and always did much better. Needless to say it was very discouraging for me.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hello everyone. I have about 50 entries to get into the database before I post another update. I may re-submit the items from the beginning of the thread to see if the percentages have changed with more data. If anyone has any combinations they'd like me to delve into and pull out for all to read let me know.

In the database its grouped by Type, Preference (NT, NF, SJ, SP) and also by individual letters (I, E, N, S, T, F, J, P) so if you want to know what the percentage of 'J's' that grew up in a big city are, let me know. Each of those items, (Type, Preference and Letter) can be quickly delved for each question on the questionaire.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
There needs to be a single and not dating option. NO self respecting 10'th grader is going to actually date seriously.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Well thats one more S for your data.

Oh i love taking tests. :blush:

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Rather interested in the results when you have enough responses.

Same, we need lotsa people to do this! But as far as type reporting emotional abuse, it would be helpful to know at what age that occured. I could see abused children becoming more pensive, and their type may adjust to that.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
You should ask about how attitudes to religion have changed.

Like i was brought up in a very religious familly. But i'm about as anti-religious as possible.

I second this.