• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Much Sleep Do You Need?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I am curious if there is a correlation between sleep needed and personality type.

I'm an ENTP and can function well with only about 5-6 hours of sleep regularly- when the average is around 8.
I'm not sure which preferences would relate to sleep needed but most of the people I know who survive with little sleep are NT's.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like about 8 or 9...but can do fine on 5 and do it all the time....just not too often in a row.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can easily do with only 5-6, and do so regularly. However, I tend to sleep in more anyway when I get the chance (on weekends and such), as even if I don't need it, I enjoy it.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
My sleep patterns are usually somewhat psychotic. I can and do sleep on only 4 or 5 hours of sleep, then come home and crash and have a 2 hour nap. I think my body has a good comfort zone of 8-9 hours of sleep which I usually do get during the course of a day, but not necessarily continuous.

My sleeping times are much more chaotic which is surprising because I still do get a decent amount of overall sleep.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
My sleep patterns are usually somewhat psychotic. I can and do sleep on only 4 or 5 hours of sleep, then come home and crash and have a 2 hour nap. I think my body has a good comfort zone of 8-9 hours of sleep which I usually do get during the course of a day, but not necessarily continuous.

My sleeping times are much more chaotic which is surprising because I still do get a decent amount of overall sleep.

I do that sometimes also.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Usually the regular 6-8 hours of sleep. Unless I stayed up all night getting drunk, then I only need 2-4 hours. If I'm stressed I'll oversleep from 10-15 hours.

am_i_evil666

I need around 8 hours of sleep. I can do with 5-6, but after many such nights in a row, I'll become very, very tired (unfortunately, lately I've been sleeping not very much, as I have school very early in the morning).

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
In winter I do sleep alot, and i'm always the one sleeping the less in summer when I spend my holidays with a group of buddies

Yes, the teddy bear thing isn't just an avatar :D

MBTI Type
INxJ
Usually the regular 6-8 hours of sleep. Unless I stayed up all night getting drunk, then I only need 2-4 hours. If I'm stressed I'll oversleep from 10-15 hours.

Same. Except for getting drunk.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When i'm working/studying I sleep about 5-6 hours per night, and somewhat irregularly :D Then when I have some spare time I can easily sleep for 18 hours straight without any problems. This is the major reason why I don't want to spend my time working for someone else, because it makes my life hell. I want to be able to do what I am supposed to + a little beyond the call of duty, and then have my fucking own time. Working on a fixed 8 hour shift is pretty awful. I can do things in two hours that would take most people an entire day, but it's a short burst of energy. I'd rather work three hours per day accomplishing a lot when I actually do something, get paid for the equivalent of eight hours and then go home. But that's somehow against ESTJ regulation :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
At my age, I require atleast 10 hours to feel perfectly refreshed, but with getting up at 6 every day, I usually only get about 7 hours. I guess I've gotten used to it, but sleepings is one of my favorite past-times..I'd do it a lot more if time permitted.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
7-9 is perfect.

I can do ok with 5 hrs, but not more than one or two days in a row. Beyond that, and I'll start to feel physically ill - like I'm coming down with a cold.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm happy if I get 7, but I usually get about 4-5 and I can function properly. My brother is an INTJ and he gets like 9, and my dad is an INTJ and gets about 4 too.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
8-9 hrs. Less than that and I feel tired and zombified the next day. I love sleeping!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I prefer 8-9h, though I sleep less if I stay up very late (rarely sleep in past 10).

I can function on 6-7 hours but I'm noticeably grumpy.

Under 6 hours I rarely attempt, because I'm grumpy and fuzzy-headed all day.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
5-7 is sweet for me.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
A few years ago, I could function fine with no sleep at all.
I once went almost three nights without any real sleep, and managed to sit a test afterwards (!)
It didn't go down too well however.

(Guess it's catching up to me in my 'old age'. Can still function without sleep (especially if I'm doing something exciting) but that long a period without it would probably cause some serious hallucinating :shock:)

I have no typical 'sleep pattern'. I can function with 'no-food no-sleep' - on adrenaline, so I have to be doing something with others that's sufficiently stimulating. I have weeks when I sleep 13-hour-nights, weeks when I'm lucky if I get four hours and weeks with a combination of the two.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can't remember the last time I woke up feeling completely rested and satisfied with my night sleep. I tend to get 7 hours of sleep every night but I go too bed too late.