• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Easy Function Descriptions! Totally legit! Figure out your true type! etc.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm confused... I don't see any difference between Fe and Te response in your description...

It's hard to distinguish between F and T in most situations, because both rely on similar things. Fi and Ti can look alike in many cases, because they're both very much subjective functions (one is based on rules, one is based on feelings, but both are subjective in that the rules and feelings are different and not consistent to all Fi / Ti users) Fe and Te can look similar too - you just have to look for cues that show if the person is basing it off of feelings ("That's just disgusting, I can't believe someone would do something like that and hurt their boyfriend!") vs. ("Isn't she seeing Matt? That's just wrong, I don't care what the circumstances are.")

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
It's hard to distinguish between F and T in most situations, because both rely on similar things. Fi and Ti can look alike in many cases, because they're both very much subjective functions (one is based on rules, one is based on feelings, but both are subjective in that the rules and feelings are different and not consistent to all Fi / Ti users) Fe and Te can look similar too - you just have to look for cues that show if the person is basing it off of feelings ("That's just disgusting, I can't believe someone would do something like that and hurt their boyfriend!") vs. ("Isn't she seeing Matt? That's just wrong, I don't care what the circumstances are.")

T is definitely not subjective.
The difference would be that T would care about the circumstances, and F would not.

For example, if the couple had an open relationship, T wouldn't be phased by the occurrence regardless of personal values. F would be disgusted because of its personal belief that it is "wrong" even though it is an open relationship.

T and F do sometimes come to the same conclusions and look similar, but they use different routes to get there. Those routes are based on objectivity for T and subjectivity for F. There is no other difference.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
The difference would be that T would care about the circumstances, and F would not.

For example, if the couple had an open relationship, T wouldn't be phased by the occurrence regardless of personal values. F would be disgusted because of its personal belief that it is "wrong" even though it is an open relationship.

Question mark. T is not subjective and then T cares about the circumstances? Isn't that, by definition, subjective?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
*Skips posts*

The Fe one, still, seems different for me. I can definitely see myself taking the Ni route, then the Ti route, then Fe would come in as in "I have to find a way to tell my friend about this crap." Se would probably watch the whole situation or try and retreat (Data absorbing, or reactive responses) depending on how irritated I am at the situation.

Ni: I knew it!
Fe: *Facepalm*
Ti: ...Why?
Se: *Sneak away to either A: Call my friend, or B, sabotage the current situation of theirs, OR gain more information to tell my friend about*

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Ni: She had to do this, its her charakter. She cares for these issues, because she understand and feels them. she is intrinsically forced to bring them up.
Fe: Look at how she is creating waves. All that attention is dangerous. She provokes all Trolls in denmark to respond to her. Our little forum is on fire again. Damn! That was unnecessary! Ni: yeah, cause they dont learn from her, anyway. oh fuck it, now its too late. lets join the battle and fight for the right side.

Ne(retarded weak ass Ne): What was she trying to achieve there? Oh, I see! She is getting attention, so was trying to get attention.
Fi: Oh, well, so she needs attention? Well,i can understand that, poor sissy. But she is probably just inventing her issues, in order to get some. Why should she care about these things anyway? Maybe she is right, but i don't care. Nobody asked her to achieve a change in the matter, and she would get nothing out of such a change, so obviously she is just in it for the attention or something else is wrong with her intention. I dont get it. those troublemakers. lets join the thread and fight this trolling. call them to harmony and make them feel guilty.

and now for some hight quality sensing-clishee :D :
What's that right there? What's that right there? What's this right here?
What's this right here? Yeah, what's that right there?
Oh, this ain't nuttin' but a lil' somethin' that I got,
lil' somethin' that I got, lil' somethin' that I got
When you get some of what I got
It's gone knock you right off of yo socks
This right here, it's hot, it's hot
I put shimmy on ya cocoa-pop
He likes it raw, I likes it on top
I got somethin' for that lollipop

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

T and F do sometimes come to the same conclusions and look similar, but they use different routes to get there. Those routes are based on objectivity for T and subjectivity for F. There is no other difference.

FINALLY someone mentions they might have an open relationship. Y'all jumped to such conclusions about this girl, honestly. :shock: Maybe the one boyfriend knows all about the other boyfriend. Why don't you know, then? BECAUSE IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS ...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You see a your best friend's girlfriend kissing another guy.

Fi: Could I see myself doing that?
Fe: I can't believe she did that! How disgusting!

Fe: Dude. No. You didn't...

Ti: Was there a reason she did that?
Te: That's not how people in relationships are supposed to act!

Ti: Where's that slapping hand of justice?

Si: Hm, maybe that's why she changed her makeup recently.
Se: I need to get closer to hear what they're saying!

Se: Apply slapping hand of justice.

Ni: I knew she'd do something like this.
Ne: I bet that guy gave her that new necklace and started screwing her behind Matt's back.

Ni: Bet he used pheromones on her. Because everyone does that. It's a fact. It's so a fact. It's a fact, and I'm not done slapping yet - he's still moving. She runs fast in heels. Kudos to you, girl. 4 inchers in the middle of the day? C'mon... that's like champagne with a Big Mac. WTH? Tacky. But no, kids these days. No dress code. Dress codes would have stopped this. My hand hurts...

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Question mark. T is not subjective and then T cares about the circumstances? Isn't that, by definition, subjective?

Care is the wrong word. T would just take all perspectives into consideration to see what makes sense. F would be focused on its personal values or beliefs to make a conclusion.

T: I think thats wrong, but whatever makes them happy works.

F: Thats wrong! Open relationships make me sick.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, where does this fall?

It makes me sick, but it's my problem that it makes me sick. So, whatever makes them happy.

Is that the same thing as T if your stomach actually hurts?

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1

Ti, by it's very definition, is subjective logic; it's based on an internal standard of logic, not an external one. That's why Ti and Fi can look similar, because both have internal, not external, "values". People who are Ti dominant value their own brand of logic, but there is no defined term for them of what "logic" means - it's an internal, subjective form of logic, not an external, "objective" form like Te and Fe have. Ti has to have something make sense to THEM; it doesn't matter if it makes sense to others.

This may be due to a difference in how we define objective and subjective as terms.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Ok, where does this fall?

It makes me sick, but it's my problem that it makes me sick. So, whatever makes them happy.

Is that the same thing as T if your stomach actually hurts?

I would say that if you have a strong gut feeling that it is wrong, then it is F. If you genuinely think its perfectly ok because it works for them, even if you would never put yourself in that position, then it is T.

Ti, by it's very definition, is subjective logic; it's based on an internal standard of logic, not an external one. That's why Ti and Fi can look similar, because both have internal, not external, "values". People who are Ti dominant value their own brand of logic, but there is no defined term for them of what "logic" means - it's an internal, subjective form of logic, not an external, "objective" form like Te and Fe have. Ti has to have something make sense to THEM; it doesn't matter if it makes sense to others.

This may be due to a difference in how we define objective and subjective as terms.

I define objective as something that is undeniably true by anyone.
Subjective could be true for one but false for another.

Apple
objective fact: it's red
subjective fact: it's tasty

Introversion doesn't necessarily mean subjective and extroversion doesn't necessarily mean objective. It just means that the thought is projected internally or externally. It doesn't mean the thought comes from the inside or outside.

Logic by definition is objective thought. No one can have their own "brand" of logic. Logic works by taking everything into consideration; logic that doesn't take everything into consideration is flawed. So another "brand" of logic would just be flawed logic. Which could be true. Ti could have flawed logic but so could Te.

The difference between Ti and Te is the difference between analysis and organization. Ti wants to organize its inner word(analysis) while Te wants to organize its outer world. Fi and Fe are both subjective. Fi feels they should be a certain way and Fe feels like the world should be a certain way.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hate to burst your bubble almost 8 years later but a red apple is not an objective fact about an apple for 2 reasons:

1) not all apples are red

2) some people are color blind

So yes it's quite deniable