• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Mate Pairing Idea

deleted
Here is an idea that I need some opinions on. I think any type would be good for any type, however I also think if you have an extreme preference while the others are normal, you may want someone with that same preference.

For example, I think if you're an INTP and and you have an extreme preference of Introversion then you should seek an introvert. If the other preferences are weak then a good match would the ISFJ (since the other preferences are weak, they should be challenged.) Any strong preference should be met with an equal preference, because most people don't fancy those of a great difference to one of their preferences. I am sure there are some who do, but for the most part extremes should be paired. Two opposite preferences that are both weak won't be largely different from each other, so they may as well be X.

Another example, if your results look like this:

E ***** 30%
N ************** 75%
F ************ 65%
P **** 25%

an ideal mate might be the INFJ.

But this INFJ should have a similar pattern to their preferences for the best compatibility, such as:

I ****** 35%
N **************** 85%
F ************* 70%
J ***** 30%

These two are quite similar, but the weak E and P is switched with the weak I and J and the N and F are strong.

Another example:

E *************** 80%
S ******* 45%
T ********** 55%
J ********** 55%

This can be taken multiple ways depending on the person. All preferences could be considered strong, so the ideal is an ESTJ, or just the E could be considered strong so the ideal is an ENFP. One assumption is to say that an ISTJ would not be a good match here.

One more example:

I ******* 45%
S ******* 45%
F ** 10%
P ******* 45%

Either I, S and P are considered strong, depending on the person so the ideal is an ISTP, or all preferences are considered weak so the ideal is an ENTJ of mirrored preferences. Big difference between both perceptions.

I think strong preferences should be considered and met and weak preferences should be challenged

In any case, I am just theorizing here. What do you guys think? Is this logical? I need some test subjects.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is something I was saying in some my some of my posts/threads. Since I doubt that ENFP is ideal match for me. Even if it is balanced/weak in all letters.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's an interesting suggestion.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So what happens?

I - 74*
N - 84*
F - 74*
J - 84 *

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Any strong preference should be met with an equal preference, because most people don't fancy those of a great difference to one of their preferences. I am sure there are some who do, but for the most part extremes should be paired. ...
Perhaps it depends on which position the extreme is in.
I was an extreme J when I met my husband, a strong P.
I have always been attracted to P types.

I have had the most trouble with people who have Te or Fe in the first position,
and those are J types.

There is a saying that "Opposite attract".
There is also another saying that "If both of you thought exactly alike on everything,
one of you would not be necessary."
I personally think it is wise to find someone who has strengths where you are weak and weaknesses where you are strong.

Additionally, I agree with you, that as a strong introvert, I appreciate being married to an introvert. I don't believe I would have been happy married to someone who required too much extraversion of me.

redacted

I like this idea. I don't know how much merit it holds, but hey, at least it's novel. It makes at least as much sense as Keirsey... (and actually predicts the same type for me)

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Oh, this looks interesting. Do you already have a whole system in your head or do you need us to help you somehow?

deleted
Well I agree with INTJMom, perhaps the extremes are only toward a select few preferences including I/E. In any case it is up to us to figure out what these other preferences are. I guess it can be pretty subjective but there might as well be a weightier tendency for certain preferences, objectively speaking.

deleted
So what happens?

I - 74*
N - 84*
F - 74*
J - 84 *

Matched with either another INFJ or an ENTJ?

Like INTJMom proves, having a strong J preference might not indicate a greater attraction to Ps, or a strong J factor may be the reason one would be more attracted to Ps.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so...i score 100% on np which totally means i would do best with that right?

deleted
Maybe then an INTP would be the best match.

Accordingly you might prefer the J counterpart over P. I'm not certain how that works.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't know if I agree. An ENFP/EXXP (since E and P are my strongest traits) relationship seems kinda counter intuitive.

Then again I don't pay any importance to MBTI in matters of love.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
As far as I know test results don't indicate strength of preference.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe then an INTP would be the best match.

Accordingly you might prefer the J counterpart over P. I'm not certain how that works.

intp or infp maybe since f/t is close?? or infj maybe?? not that it matters...just curious.

Qre:us

Extraverted - 74%
Intuition - 90%
Thinking - 95%
Perceiving - 100%
(btw, this is from the silly billy My Personality Pages test, I had taken a whillle ago, so I question the validity...and am quite uncomfortable with such a score in Thinking, esp. when it's dichotomous to Feeling, as this would indicate I'm a feeling-retard. And. I. Am. NOT.)

Regardless, taking those scores at face value would get me?

ME! *:horor:
(for the love of Dog, noooo!)

*I guess, we gotta figure out how to define what is weak versus what is strong in terms of preference, and what, thus, the % truly mean at an individual level?

*and, whether, a person so ingrained in their 'personality' actually PREFERS their personality in others (very subjective from person to person).
I love me, and my personality, love it, however...I know for a fact, I would bitch-slap the next foo' who acted like me, and get quite annoyed at them (I wanna be the only one DOING the annoying, not the one GETTING annoyed, like....um...really!) So, forget letting them close enough for a relationship.
Otherwise, your idea...makes logical sense.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I score 70% introverted, 56% S, 51% F, and 53% P. Figure out my mate. :tongue: I'd say the ideal for me is XXTJ if they are in tune with the F side and if the S is sort of in tune with their N.

deleted
As far as I know test results don't indicate strength of preference.

I am talking about the real strength, and test results do indicate preference strength on a comparative level, but not sequencial, so the strength represented by percentage is subjective.

deleted
I score 70% introverted, 56% S, 51% F, and 53% P. Figure out my mate. :tongue: I'd say the ideal for me is XXTJ if they are in tune with the F side and if the S is sort of in tune with their N.

ISTJ, maybe INTJ...

deleted
Otherwise, your idea...makes logical sense.

Well I think everything you said goes along with my idea.

E is about 3 times the interval, so I might as well say INTP is a good match. I don't think you can bitch slap an INTP. You wouldn't know which cheek is on their face.