• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Be nice to nerds......

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Because someday you willl work for one.

Do you find this saying true?

I never understood this saying. How is that supposed to make me feel kindly-disposed towards nerds? Surely it's more likely to make me want to kick the crap out of them? :huh:

ygolo

My termites win
I find it amusing so many people in this thread refered to nerds using words like "they" or "them," as if we weren't nerds ourselves.

More and more nerds are running small companies these days. Also, many of the worlds richest are nerds...Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, the Google guys...

The World's Billionaires - Forbes.com

Look at, and read about the worlds billionaires ans see how many of them are nerds...look especially at the self-made billionaires.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I find it amusing so many people in this thread refered to nerds using words like "they" or "them," as if we weren't nerds ourselves.

Hey!I resent that!I'm no nerd. If anything, I'm a geek!

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Not really. I find most of the nerds end up being academics. Most can't handle the 'real world'. They still just watch.

The real world is hard for anyone to participate in without feeling like they're being sucked into a cesspool. I can't say I blame the nerds.. considering I am one.

For reference, whenever I use my long icescraper to clean off my car windshield and windows, I do Squall's victory pose from FF8 when I'm done.

Ah I love my nerd moments. And the stares.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Thing is, managers and CEO's usually don't tend to be nerds.

Nerds, though, have better probabilities for getting high-paying, good quality jobs. And there are more of those available (that's why the probability is higher).

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
So is being an introvert or socially inept a major disadvantage?

If the most successful and powerful people are not the smaertest people in this world, then who are ythey?