• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type has the richest inner life?

Which type do you think tends to have the richest inner life?

• Total voters

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Theoretically, I'd say INFPs. But since I cannot know what the inner life of anyone other than myself is like, my range of meaningful speculation is decidedly limited.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is not type-related... I know braindead people of many or all types.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
What's inner life though? I find my tangled web of intricate ideas, funky theories, and absurd fantasies having a bit more depth than an INFP with a couple imaginary friends, but that's because I'm an INTP.

So I'm going to go with me.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd think of mine as really clear and void until I get some sort of stimulus. From that point on I can maintain and persist and constantly add newer levels of intricacy but it's dependent on that spark of curiosity. Some days I just don't have it and I feel pretty empty. That's where drugs of any sort are to be kept out of my presence. Except caffeine. I'll make an exception for that.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
INFJ, they are supposedly the most complex of all 16 types.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah. Also define "rich"?

Highly subjective.

Indeed...

And why are there only introverts in that list, aj?
Even though I am an extrovert I know I think, feel and imagine a lot more inside my head than I do on the outside. I can drift off for hours if I let go of sensory information. I can build pretty vivid dreams inside my head... It's a lot of training behind that particular thing, though. It's a brain exercise that I do.
First off it requires complete relaxation, silence, comfortable clothes, warmth etc... Wine is good, too. Then slowly put together, say, a library. Add one detail every now and then, and try to hold all of them inside your head. Even the book covers should have names, and the books in the shelves shall have contents. This is a great way of storing information.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the same thing as saying "What type does the best art?" None of them. If you enjoy art and have a passion for it, then naturally you will strive to be good. The ISFP is the stereotypical artist, but what if the ISFP dislikes art? Does that automatically make them good artists? No.

Anyone could have a rich inner life.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Rich, as in having soul-searched on a spiritual level, it's got to be the INFP.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've only got myself to go on and I as have always had a very rich inner life (so much so that I sometimes think that the real world exists in my dreams and that waking reality is the fantasy), I've voted for INFJ.

I thought of a good example to illustrate how my inner world continually impinges on so-called reality. It's a bit like the visualisations in a show like "Ally McBeal" - I "see" special effects occurring in line with the situation, for example if someone says "I feel like an ass", they will briefly morph into a donkey in front of my eyes. This effect extends to sounds (esp. music) and sensations as well.

In case anyone was wondering, this does not make me a case for a psychiatric ward (yet) as my imaginings are quite hazy and I am always (usually?) aware of what is "real" and what is fantasy! :headphne:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
This is the same thing as saying "What type does the best art?" None of them. If you enjoy art and have a passion for it, then naturally you will strive to be good. The ISFP is the stereotypical artist, but what if the ISFP dislikes art? Does that automatically make them good artists? No.

Anyone could have a rich inner life.

I'm interested in what type people perceive to have the most rich inner life, it's obviously something with too vague of a potential definition to be able to know objectively.

deleted
I = inner
N = awesome?
F = rich
P = anything goes

INFP

But I've heard descriptions that ISFJ have the "richest" inner life. There is not an ISFJ choice so I chose INFP, although it could be INFJ. It could be any type I'm sure. Why does it matter? Get out of my head!

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Does one have to be intuitive to have a rich inner life...?

(The answer is no)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Indeed...

Even though I am an extrovert I know I think, feel and imagine a lot more inside my head than I do on the outside. I can drift off for hours if I let go of sensory information. I can build pretty vivid dreams inside my head... It's a lot of training behind that particular thing, though. It's a brain exercise that I do.
First off it requires complete relaxation, silence, comfortable clothes, warmth etc... Wine is good, too. Then slowly put together, say, a library. Add one detail every now and then, and try to hold all of them inside your head. Even the book covers should have names, and the books in the shelves shall have contents. This is a great way of storing information.

Because introverts don't need "complete relaxation, silence, comfortable clothes, warmth etc... Wine is good, too." to be able to introvert.

G

garbage

Indeed...

Even though I am an extrovert I know I think, feel and imagine a lot more inside my head than I do on the outside.

A lot of very strong extroverts say that they have no internal world.

That said, I'm not a strong extrovert by any means myself.

I'm going with INFP.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rich in depth or breadth?

EDIT: For the former I vote INFJ and for the latter, INFP.