• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type has the richest inner life?

Which type do you think tends to have the richest inner life?

• Total voters
G

Glycerine

Si is that boring? :(

It depends on how you look at it. It's about making connections based on information from the past, right?. It would be fascinating to see it at work but doesn't seem quite so out there compared to some of the other functions. However, no one type capitalizes on having a rich inner life. Most people voted for their own type (myself included) so the poll is not really that valid. "It is highly subjective" like someone else said.

Bottom line: Si is not necessarily boring, it just depends on how someone views it.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I voted INFP because they have the greatest ability to live in a pretend world of their own making.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
But....I ....remember a lot! :( I was actually just thinking about when I played World of Warcraft. There were 2 continents in the game with like ~15 zones in each one. I could remember the layout of each continent, the general size and shape of each zone, the name of each zone, an overall view of each zone, and then I could like go around each zone in my head and even start remembering quests in the game for each zone. That's not rich? :p

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Out of the four INXX types, I would say INFP. The INFJ is too focused on controlling things in the outside world. The INTP places his or her focus more on objects than the self and the INTJ is focused on controlling things and focuses on objects.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ouh god, the plain thought their could be life inside your body makes me feel guilty !

G

Glycerine

But....I ....remember a lot! :( I was actually just thinking about when I played World of Warcraft. There were 2 continents in the game with like ~15 zones in each one. I could remember the layout of each continent, the general size and shape of each zone, the name of each zone, an overall view of each zone, and then I could like go around each zone in my head and even start remembering quests in the game for each zone. That's not rich? :p
Like I said, "No one type is going to capitalize on having a richer inner life and it's all very subjective". :D Si probably does create a rich inner life but it most likely won't be as unpredictable and playful as that of a INFP's.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Si is that boring? :(

Well... it can be boring.

But that's not the point. The point is that it just stores an impression of what's already there. It doesn't really make anything. It's too rooted in something that exists to be rich in the way Ni or Fi would be. The same goes for Ti, pretty much.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Well... it can be boring.

But that's not the point. The point is that it just stores an impression of what's already there. It doesn't really make anything. It's too rooted in something that exists to be rich in the way Ni or Fi would be. The same goes for Ti, pretty much.

Well, fine. I'll go to my corner and be stuck in the past.

*cries*

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, fine. I'll go to my corner and be stuck in the past.

*cries*

Don't take it so hard. Richness isn't everything.

Si is intricate, sometimes inspirational, and it can be meaningful. But rich just isn't a word I'd choose to describe it.

Why are you so hurt that I wouldn't use that specific word to describe it?

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I used to live entirely in my head when I was a kid, like I doubt anyone could. So I voted INTP.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Don't take it so hard. Richness isn't everything.

Si is intricate, sometimes inspirational, and it can be meaningful. But rich just isn't a word I'd choose to describe it.

Why are you so hurt that I wouldn't use that specific word to describe it?

I just automatically took it as one I being more intriguing than the other based on their inner life.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I voted INFP because they have the greatest ability to live in a pretend world of their own making.

My INFP friend could live entirely in her head.

What... on EARTH, does that have to do with the quality of "richness"? You're talking about a person's ability (if you can call it that?) to live in their head. Which I really don't see having much to do with INFP anyway. That association is so arbitrary.

G

Glycerine

Athenian how do you think Fi/Si would look w/o the Ne? Were the introverted functions your criteria for choosing?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I just automatically took it as one I being more intriguing than the other based on their inner life.

Oh! I see.

To me, intriguing is a different quality than richness. If you were to ask me which type had the most intriguing inner life, I'd say all IxxPs. Because Ti and Fi are intriguing. Si and Ni aren't.

Intriguing isn't a word I'd use to describe myself.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Athenian how do you think Fi/Si would look w/o the Ne? Were the introverted functions your criteria for choosing?

Yes, they were.

Ne barely seems like anything at all to me in INxPs, so I'll just tell you what I think they look like.

They're very sensitive to arguments about meaning that they hear, and they internalize these as a rule, and slowly pile more and more of their own experiences onto these same old principles they adopted early on. This isn't rich, because it doesn't produce anything. It's just internalizing principles and caking experiences onto them over time. And occasionally, trying to reconcile principles that conflict.

This is intriguing, but it isn't rich.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yes, they were.

Ne barely seems like anything at all to me in INxPs, so I'll just tell you what I think they look like.

They're very sensitive to arguments about meaning that they hear, and they internalize these as a rule, and slowly pile more and more of their own experiences onto these same old principles they adopted early on. This isn't rich, because it doesn't produce anything. It's just internalizing principles and caking experiences onto them over time. And occasionally, trying to reconcile principles that conflict.

This is intriguing, but it isn't rich.

What do you think it means to be rich, then? And what does it have to do with producing anything?

Rich: abounding in desirable elements or qualities

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've imagined whole entire worlds right down to countries, people, types of animals, foods, languages, geography etc (I've even written some of it down, as well as drawn a few pictures). Sometimes they feel more real to me than RL. Living entirely in my head, yeah I could do it, but unfortunately I have to pay the bills, and live some sort of a passable life - I gotta stop stereotyping myself, sorry on with my point, On the other hand, I can knock out some pretty decent theories on pet subjects,or pondering the significance of people interaction. That's if I'm not reading, or watching a fav movie or interesting doco - I don't watch T.V. waste of time.
Seriously, what does everyone else think about? doesn't everyone else do that? Do people actually walk around, not thinking. For real?
By the way, I'm not staking a claim for INFP's having the richest inner life. I voted other. I'm genuinely curious, what do other people think about?