• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Testing a few thoughts on MBTI

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
What type is most prone to unresolved feelings?

ENTJ? With F turned inward and a direct approach would that lead to feeling things but keeping them all locked up?

INTP? Externalised F leading to feelings which need expressing or resolving but lacking the extraverted nature to DO something about them?

I'm probably on the money here but an EJ should be the paragon of J and an EP the paragon of P, right?

I mean to others the primary function is more obvious and "underlined" is it not?

A good way of recognising types...

EJ will be prone to leaving people with no illusion as to either what they think or how they feel about something. Possibly with a notable "ghost image" of either not feeling the need to resolve the opposite so an ETJ would not feel it necessary to resolve their feelings and an EFJ not feel it necessary to gain closure on their thoughts.

I think that's right too.
--------------------
Just looking for a little feedback here. I'm working on structuring some basic guidelines on types so that a more simplistic map can be drawn for how to begin typing people via observation rather than the more prevalent testing methods.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You know, Jung says that a person who is always asking other people for their opinions is an E.
I think I'm onto something! :devil:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Jung also said the Ni user was tuned into the collective unconscious.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Define always :)
I don't want to.
I just started reading his book.
You should read it for yourself.
Besides, what I said was somewhat ambiguous because I was teasing someone,
and I don't feel compelled to be 100% accurate when I teasing.
It might skew the humor.

Psychological Types (Collected Works of C.G. Jung Vol.6) by C. G. Jung

deleted
I don't want to.
I just started reading his book.
You should read it for yourself.
Besides, what I said was somewhat ambiguous because I was teasing someone,
and I don't feel compelled to be 100% accurate when I teasing.
It might skew the humor.

Psychological Types (Collected Works of C.G. Jung Vol.6) by C. G. Jung

An INTJ who is not compelled to be 100% accurate. Why hello :hi:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
You know, Jung says that a person who is always asking other people for their opinions is an E.
I think I'm onto something! :devil:
According to my father INTPs quite often poll others for feedback.

Go figure.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Ne and Fe. Ti isn't worth the effort. It really only comes out heavily when I'm cranky or someone is being especially stupid. I do often find myself extraverting my feeling though for feedback and opinions because I realistically don't have a very good guage of it. I've been known to live up and fish for compliments on occasion, or instigate. I had my true intentions behind a whole bunch of jokes and just general lighthearted demeanor.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Jung also said the Ni user was tuned into the collective unconscious.
That explains why INTJs and ENTJs seem to be both on the money quite a lot and yet totally contrary to socially accepted norms. They "buck" the trends whilst being totally aware of what those trends are.

Interesting...

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
That's a useful bit of information right there. :)
Really?

Well further thinking has produced more clarity on the definition. It's not like I go around and ask people for approval of my latest scheme or that I'll go and ask Bob, cause I like Bob. I'll go ask Steve because Steve knows about these things and is more likely to have well informed opinions.

Not that I'll ever take someone's word as gospel though...

I'm just underlining that this isn't a particularly extroverted process (in the common sense of the word 'extroverted') and it's not some plea for people to pat me on the back for a good scheme (although me being me that also feels nice too). It's more checking my information and trying to ensure that I get a complete picture of what I'm about to engage in.

The only problem is that I like that stage of the project more than actually doing it half of the time.... :doh:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
What type is most prone to unresolved feelings?

ENTJ? With F turned inward and a direct approach would that lead to feeling things but keeping them all locked up?

INTP? Externalised F leading to feelings which need expressing or resolving but lacking the extraverted nature to DO something about them?

I'm probably on the money here but an EJ should be the paragon of J and an EP the paragon of P, right?

I mean to others the primary function is more obvious and "underlined" is it not?

A good way of recognising types...

EJ will be prone to leaving people with no illusion as to either what they think or how they feel about something. Possibly with a notable "ghost image" of either not feeling the need to resolve the opposite so an ETJ would not feel it necessary to resolve their feelings and an EFJ not feel it necessary to gain closure on their thoughts.

I think that's right too.
--------------------
Just looking for a little feedback here. I'm working on structuring some basic guidelines on types so that a more simplistic map can be drawn for how to begin typing people via observation rather than the more prevalent testing methods.
INTP

G

garbage

Believe you me, when I as an ENTJ get into the world of feelings, I often just get plain confused about them and by them. I find that not being in control of them can just lead to disaster. We might dismiss them as unimportant at times, but I think often that's it's a front to guard against admitting weakness in that realm.

When I know exactly how I feel, all's fine and I can readily express it.. but when I don't? Cognitive meltdown.

With F on the bottom of the totem pole combined with NT's tendency for directness and our tendency to want to resolve issues, take action, and bounce important ideas off of people.. well, we've got many a contradiction with respect to feelings.

So, our feelings are either completely resolved merely by dismissing them, or they're just a confusing, unresolved mess that drives us insane and everyone knows about it.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yes. It's useful to know that sometimes INTPs ask others for input and to not automatically chalk it off to extraversion.

Well further thinking has produced more clarity on the definition. It's not like I go around and ask people for approval of my latest scheme or that I'll go and ask Bob, cause I like Bob. I'll go ask Steve because Steve knows about these things and is more likely to have well informed opinions.
That's the same way I would go about it.
As a matter of fact, I used to think I was weird until I read it in an INTJ profile (too long ago to remember where)
but I like going straight to the top dog for the answers. Never mind this middle-man junk.
Apparently, that's an INTJ trait.

For instance, when I was toilet-training my first child... in 1989... I was using a book that was called Toilet Training in Less Than A Day. Every mother's dream, I guarantee you. Anyway, I worked all day to no avail. It would never have occurred to me to ask 100 other people who had also used the book for their opinion. People's opinions never amounted to a hill of beans to me (unless they have authority in that subject). I actually found a way to track down the author of the book and his phone number! (without the internet!) and I consulted personally with him on the phone!! He's the one who wrote the book. He's the one I wanted to talk to.

I have always been that way. I always want to get things "from the horse's mouth".

Not that I'll ever take someone's word as gospel though...

I'm just underlining that this isn't a particularly extroverted process (in the common sense of the word 'extroverted') and it's not some plea for people to pat me on the back for a good scheme (although me being me that also feels nice too). It's more checking my information and trying to ensure that I get a complete picture of what I'm about to engage in.

The only problem is that I like that stage of the project more than actually doing it half of the time.... :doh:
Thanks for fleshing that out a little bit.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
When I know exactly how I feel, all's fine and I can readily express it.. but when I don't? Cognitive meltdown.
I feel that..

Questioner "Are you happy?"
Me "Define 'happy'."

:D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Yes. It's useful to know that sometimes INTPs ask others for input and to not automatically chalk it off to extraversion.
Just to make a side point, this is also why you sometimes find an INTP messing about in your head. We're there trying to find out how you do it :)
That's the same way I would go about it.
As a matter of fact, I used to think I was weird until I read it in an INTJ profile (too long ago to remember where)
but I like going straight to the top dog for the answers. Never mind this middle-man junk.
Apparently, that's an INTJ trait.
:rofl1: Oh yeah..

"Excuse me, you're irrelevant. Please take me to your leader and be quiet about it."

:smile:
For instance, when I was toilet-training my first child... in 1989... I was using a book that was called Toilet Training in Less Than A Day. Every mother's dream, I guarantee you. Anyway, I worked all day to no avail. It would never have occurred to me to ask 100 other people who had also used the book for their opinion. People's opinions never amounted to a hill of beans to me (unless they have authority in that subject). I actually found a way to track down the author of the book and his phone number! (without the internet!) and I consulted personally with him on the phone!! He's the one who wrote the book. He's the one I wanted to talk to.
:rofl1:

Only you... :D

Was he like "Who's this derranged person phoning me up? Didn't I write a book of instructions?" ?

:newwink:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Theory of extraverted judgment functions and their relevance.

Is it true that Te indicates thinking which desires resolution? in other words would say an ENTJ desire their thinking to be resolved but not necessarily their feelings?

-------------

Another thought, my father once referred to a girl as being an ISFJ with an "internalised F". Now upon pursuing the concept he explained that this was where the usual care paid to other's wants and desires is focused more on her own wants and desires and so unlike most of her type she is selfish and seemingly unaware of any importance to what others want to do.

I'm theorising that this is an issue that would affect any extraverted judgment function. Ergo a Te predominant person may end up acting with internalised T which would lead to a well organised internal world with strict definitions even if their externalised behaviour is seemingly flexible.