• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing women as F and men as T?

deleted
lemons, I don't think that's true, maybe you are just not looking in the right places??
I work in a hi-tech company, and let me tell you, there are plenty of women who work here, and MOST are Ts!!!....(In the techie department of course :))

I'm totally serious.

15% of people are female Ts. Not too rare.

Unique

The 2/3 women are F generally sounds about right from my experience

as with the 2/3 men being T

deleted
If 70% of women are F, then 15% of people are female Ts.

However if 2/3 of women are F, then 1/6 of people are female Ts.

So they're likely anywhere from 15-17% of the sample.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Nope. If I meet a woman who can handle or even enjoy my bluntness and I find myself not having to censor what I say too much I’d guess they were a T, if I struggle with that, I’ll assume F. I don’t guess one way or the other without reason. No point making baseless assumptions.

Seriously.
Plus, maybe it's because I have known plenty of F men in my life, but I tend to look less at communication style and more at the motivation behind the communication, as I understand it. I don't find myself less likely to label men Fs.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I had one of those moments the other day that made me realise I was maybe secretly kind of sexist (which I don't mean to be lol).

I had roughly typed a sister of mine as an ESFP, turns out she is an ESTP, so I wasn't far off the mark.

But it made me realise I was typing females as F whereas I was more willing to apply the T to a male.

The only time I would give a T to a woman was where she was blatanly colder than what I was used to, and my sister isn't. But now that I have typed her correctly I can clearly see the T in her and I am surprised I gave her an F.

Anyway has anyone ever found that they are quicker to roughly type a female as an F, or is it just me? :doh:

Actually I had the same thing - I originally thought my sis was F, but now I'm pretty sure she is T.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I remember some figures I saw...

About 70% of women were typed as Fs. However, a little less than half (45%) of men were also typed as Fs.

So, that means about 57.5% of everyone is an F. It makes most sense to assume that everyone is an F, then, until proven otherwise.

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
If I'm not sure, I guess F for females and T for males. Because, well. That's how the statistics lean. I've met a fair amount of ST girls, but none NT (That I know of). I've also met many ENFP's who insist they're T because they are "very logical."

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Here are the stats:

fm0wo5.jpg

Link: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

id5abr.jpg

Link: Estimated Frequencies of Types - CAPT.org

The stats speak for themselves.