• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

is this INTJ or INTP?

is this INTJ or INTP?

• Pe supporting Ji is INTJ

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pe supporting Ji is INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

deleted
This is a MBTI vs socionics question, that of "which makes the most sense in profiling" and "which makes the most sense applying function to type." So once again you get a chance to prove your point.

Scroll down to the quoted.

I've made this question easier for you to analyze because I wrote out logical sentences and gave an example for each. We all know that P is information gathering and J is decision making. Reminder that these aren't full type-descriptions, but they simply describe function role of that type. (the same description can also be of other types, ie ENTP description can be of ENFP or ESFP)

So the two questions are in bold and the descriptions below to analyze are in italics, because we must question if the IxxP is primary P or primary J, and same with IxxJ.

Regards to primary J function

This is ENTJ no?

Pi supporting Je

fitting personal information (Pi) into a well known system (Je); matching up a current system (Je) with a possible or previous event (Pi) ie. this is true because it makes sense to "me"

is the following describing INTP or INTJ?

Pe supporting Ji

fitting outside information (Pe) into a personal opinion (Ji); matching up a current event (Pe) with with a possible idea or personal opinion (Ji) ie. that info is correct because it matches "my opinion"

Regards to primary P function

is the following description of INTJ or INTP?

Je supporting Pi

reflecting personal information (Pi) upon a well known system; (Je) matching up a current system (Je) with a possible or previous event (Pi - in this I am assuming E is circumstantial) ie. that idea reminds me of when this happened

and then ENTP

Ji supporting Pe

reflecting outside information (Pe) upon a personal opinion (Ji); matching up a current event (Pe) with with a possible idea or personal opinion (Ji) ie. this event reminds me of this idea or philosophy

I'm assuming I'm correct in simplifying these function roles so this question should be easy, unless I've made a mistake in theory, in which I'd love for you to correct me.

By taking a vote of which italicized description belongs to which type and then explaining why you think this, we can end unneeded reference to the wrong. So vote and explain, and don't contradict yourself!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
is the following describing INTP or INTJ?
Pe supporting Ji

fitting outside information (Pe) into a personal opinion (Ji); matching up a current event (Pe) with with a possible idea or personal opinion (Ji) ie. this info is correct because it matches "my opinion"

Why are you using the word "opinion" here?

For INTPs, here's the deal:
  • We trust the internal process (Ti).
  • All external information gets judged by the Ti process.
  • Any conclusion is irrelevant -- it doesn't matter whether we like the answer or not.
  • If the thinking process is sound, then the conclusion must be acccepted.
  • Ne (Pe) supports the Thinking (Ji) process by feeding information based on possibilities; thus the answer is more a "set" of answers/possibilities all weighted appropriately rather than one certainty
  • This internal set of "possible answers" is always controlled by (1) external data and (2) the trustworthiness accuracy of the Ji process. There is no "opinion" -- we have opinions based on feelings, there are things we'd like to be true, but those things don't matter in the end; if the machine spits out a list of answers and our opinions aren't on it, then that's the end of the story.

Regards to primary P function
is the following description of INTJ or INTP?
Je supporting Pi
reflecting personal information (Pi) upon a well known system; (Je) matching up a current system (Je) with a possible or previous event (Pi - in this I am assuming E is circumstantial) ie. that idea reminds me of when this happened

Sounds far more like INTJ -- a sense of inner vision (or personal information), implemented via a Je-style system to make things conform.

I'm not sure what you mean by the poll either.
MBTI and Socionics use different nomenclature, and that seems to be driving the disparity; it's an argument over whether the external observable behavior should be designated in the keycode or else have the primary function designated in the keycode.

deleted
I understand what you say, except for the opinion part. It is your opinion that thinking is not based on opinion. Any judgment is based on opinion.
if the machine spits out a list of answers and our opinions aren't on it, then that's the end of the story.

There is no judgment which is fact. Opinions are formed upon experience. Nuff said.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow is that interesting Jennifer.

deleted
In these definitions I was assuming that the rule of 'secondary supports primary' is true. How sure are you that secondary supports primary and not that primary supports anything? It seems to be if primary does support something, then it can just as well support secondary, thus giving possibility for these definitions to reverse. So the question is how do we define primary function? Is it supportive?