• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your Inferior function,when did u begin to notice ur weakness, what did u do

Afkan

what did you do about it (including both avoidance and growth).

For example, my inferior function is Ti. I remember noticing my feeling of discomfort around logic in adolescence (for more info, see below.) I decided to place more importance on math to help strengthen my brain. I consciously used trigonometry and other logically based classes/subjects to practice more logical thought processes. Now, I've come full circle and I use logic around people, my favorite subject. I think it is really important to know what motivates you.

More about this feeling of discomfort:
It sucked when I realized that my communication skills were lacking due to my lack of logic. I began to learn the same lesson over and over again: Instead of being great at communicating and usually accurate as I thought, I actually spoke so generally that it was difficult to be inaccurate. And I wasn't really saying much.
I have always liked to think of myself as intelligent. But really many people in conversing with me would often agree and nod because of my emotion, or my ability and desire to connect. If I meant something specific I struggled to get the meaning across, usually around T's who asked questions bc they were like, What the heck are you talking about?
Now my skills are much improved, although when I am tired or sick not so much. And I always will have room to stretch. Logic became easier, but will never come easily.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
My inferior is Fe. I used to suppress it as much as possible, but I've come to terms with it I guess. I've learned to use it a lot more, but I would still consider myself an emotionally weak person compared to others who had a smoother development in their F function. As far as weaknesses go, I have a number of them. I'd say it's in my sensitivity, though I'm not sure if it comes from being able to perceive my own feelings or the lack of development in my F. I can hide my own sensitivity, but it's still there...

I'd also say I can be fairly weak willed at times, and too much of a pacifist as of late. I find it more peaceful than having to regard everyone as an enemy, but then again, peace is sometimes overrated. I need to learn to be able to take action without needing to come to analytical conclusions beforehand, as in many social situations.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Fe. I'm off and on with it. I try and basically detach and not worry to much but if something or someone is very important to me I will express it. Although I do often times try and couch in some form of logical expression in the former. With the latter it's strange in that I relegate that task more to my actions and will sometimes reluctantly verbalize more fully my appreciations and intentions. I cast a broader stroke when it comes to general daily encounters and matters.

I just try to avoid very negative reactions. Providing rationale is remarkably effective once you understand when to withhold some aspects of your argument. My curiosity and excitement with Ti is sometimes not the best course of action with negative emotional crisis so I settle for argument on not necessarily why it was wrong, faults, or a cost benefit analysis... but instead on the possibilities to overcome that.

Afkan

My inferior is Fe. I used to suppress it as much as possible, but I've come to terms with it I guess. I've learned to use it a lot more, but I would still consider myself an emotionally weak person compared to others who had a smoother development in their F function.
I can see how an NT might see Fe as pretty sickening, espcially when it surfaces in your interactions with others...I can see why one would want to suppress it.
I have never seen Ti (my inferior functioning) as sickening. I have seen it as intimidating- meaning the whole thought process itself intimidated me.
Inferior feeling = feeling looks sickening, Inferior thinking= thinking looks scary.
I have definitely seen these themes among NTs and NFs.
Nothing wrong with it. Very interesting.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
If I have a weakest Jungian function, it's Fe or Se. I'm blind to details and unconcerned with civility. :p See?

G

garbage

According to the model, Fi. To me, this translates into the fact that sometimes I don't know how people feel about me, how I feel about them, or whether I can trust them. I think that not being in touch with my feelings led to a search for identity for me.

Although, I do think that I'm extremely empathetic most of the time, especially with those that I'm closest to.. I genuinely do feel the emotions that they do to some degree, whether positive or negative.

In more practical terms, The Seven Habits talks about becoming principle-centered and developing an unwavering personal mission statement, effectively a core purpose and set of beliefs. So, like any other idea I find useful, I adopted it. I've also been getting involved in churches, one primary purpose being to investigate certain moral codes and distilled ethical wisdom.

I'm actually trying to get in touch with Fe, because, well, it's a way to get in touch with other people.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
My Inferior Function is Extraverted Thinking. This means that I have difficulty making logical conclusions about things or expressing reasons for my values system.

I've finally figured out that I need to gather a lot of information before I make a decision.

And when it comes to expressing my values I seem to need a kickstart from others - something to play off of - before I am able to put my ideas into verbal form.

Did lots of reading, attended a lot of classes and workshops in my areas of interest. Even included some things I'm not very good at to stretch myself a bit. The rest has been through experience. Trial and error.

And I'm not done yet!

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Extraverted Sensing (Se) for me. This has many consequences in my daily life, as Se is the function all types use to navigate physical reality.

I bump into things a lot. I get tired and depressed when I have to attend to too many external details (happens a lot in my job). I do stupid things like forgetting people's names or knocking drinks over or struggling with opening containers. In my mid 40's, I have still not learned how to drive, though I'm finally taking lessons.

I've always been uncormfortable and awkward around certain physical activities, such as sports. Part of the problem seems to be that my Se is too strong, rather than being too weak. This means that I can experience sensory phenomena very intensely (too bright, too loud, too much!). On the other hand, this also gives me acute sensory acuity, which I'm sure contributes to my Intuitive ablility to see the subtle details that most others miss.

I also gain a great deal of pleasure from the few Se-related activities I have managed to master, such as swimming, cycling, dancing and simply observing the environment with a "present moment awareness" attitude.

I think this sort of love-hate relationship is characteristic of the inferior function in all types.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My inferior function is Fi. Like Greed, I often have no idea how people feel about me. I'm not very good at reading people. As a result, I sometimes accidentally annoy people by going off on tangents and not getting the nonverbal cues that they want me to shut up :) (among other things). Also, though I enjoy talking to people, and have a lot of acquaintances that I like and am friendly with, I have very few friends that I'm willing to open up to. I think this comes from certain experiences when I've opened up to people, realized that I shouldn't have, and then started to be overly cautious about it since, like Greed, I'm not so good at judging that for myself. (This could be part of the reason why I often test as an ISTJ, even though I'm completely and utterly not.)

I gained awareness of this weakness... from the onset of maturity, I guess, as well as the discovery of MBTI, and memories of many, MANY comments that I relive from a long time ago that I really shouldn't obsess over like I do (damn you, Auxiliary Si!!!!!)

Also, I've been making a significant effort to tell people "you're right" when they are and I'm not, which is really more of a response to my type description overall than it is to my wimpy Fi, but still worth mentioning (since we were talking about self-improvement).

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Si. Though I seem to be good at reminiscing, and remembering events and emotions. Data collection is a definite weakness though. I love working with the data, but if I have to sort through and read a hundred articles to find what something is, I'd prefer to reinvent it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mine is Ni.
I don't even understand how it works, let alone use it.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
According to the model, it's Si, but that is actually my absolute weakest function, if you take a look at my cognitive results, which are:

Ne > Fi > Te > Ni > Fe > Se > Ti > Si

So does that mean that it's still Si or really Ni now?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
According to the model, it's Si, but that is actually my absolute weakest function, if you take a look at my cognitive results, which are:

Ne > Fi > Te > Ni > Fe > Se > Ti > Si

So does that mean that it's still Si or really Ni now?
Well, the cognitive processes test isn't exactly a conduit to the essense of all the taker's thoughts. I wouldn't give it too much creedence, myself. Nor to the function orders prescribed. Nor does it matter. Lead a good life!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, the cognitive processes test isn't exactly a conduit to the essense of all the taker's thoughts. I wouldn't give it too much creedence, myself. Nor to the function orders prescribed. Nor does it matter. Lead a good life!

Good point! I'm doing my best! :D