• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to distinguish ESFP and ENFP?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The ONLY way to be sure

ENFP

ESFP

The N didn't notice that her camera was broken and turned everything brown.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In my experience, the main difference between any SF and his respective NF is that the SF wants to be nice to people; the NF wants to be Good (as in against Evil!) For the NF it's a broader struggle involving a lot more than just himself and the people in that particular scenario.

A friend and I were discussing The Brothers Karamazov and trying to decide between SFP and NFP for Aloyosha. We decided on NFP, largely due to one scene where his obnoxious ESTP father spits on a cross, and Aloyosha breaks down, drops to the floor and starts bawling.

This is very telling because the SFP response here would be smaller in scope: "Hey, that's pretty mean!" It's mean because if somebody religious sees it, it might hurt his feelings!

The NFP sees the broader implications of the spitting on the cross in context, and the hateful attitude it shows in his father is enough to really hurt him. NFs are less capable of dealing with all the evil and injustice in the world--it plagues them constantly. The SF doesn't approve of such deeds any more than the NF, but finds it easier to ignore them when they aren't happening in his particular physical environment. On to the next present-moment distraction!

Both are drawn to helping people, but the NF wants to do this in a grand, broad-sweeping way. I might have mentioned this somewhere on this board before, but it's a good example of SF vs. NF so I'll restate:

An NF friend of mine had a brother who was arrested for marijuana distribution. "I just wish I could do something to change marijuana laws!" she lamented. She wants to make a broad idealistic change that will prevent this kind of perceived injustice from happening not only to her brother, but to anyone ever again! That's really NF.

The SF here is more likely to look for practical, physical task-oriented ways to increase his level of immediate comfort while he's in jail. "Let's bring him some hot soup and pillows and blankets!" is a more likely SF response.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Good point about those pics actually. I've noticed that oftentimes an ENFP is leaning into the camera. (apparently an ESFP too?) I always lean into the camera and I noticed it on many of the ENFP in youtube.

Ahah I couldn't think of a response to the "more awesome" The "you don't get us" was perfect :D Actually I wouldn't mind being more awesome than someone who was a meanie, but a nice person, no.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Please don't ruin my joke by pretending it contains any legitimate value.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh I would not claim anything of the sort.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ENFP

ESFP

The N didn't notice that her camera was broken and turned everything brown.

Two of my favorite little EFPs!
Why disntinguish them? They're both amazing and awesome, they are in and of themsevles.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
It's like a vibe they give off. It's mostly just the ESFP being in tune with their surroundings and the ENFP being concerned about deeper meanings. At a party, the ESFP just wants to dance. The ENFP wants to think of new and crazy ideas to spice the party up.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you and your propensity for the fighting...you need some hatred boy!? i'll give you some!
hate....hate...hate...comin atcha!!
g1jargue.gif

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
you and your propensity for the fighting...you need some hatred boy!? i'll give you some!
hate....hate...hate...comin atcha!!
g1jargue.gif

Cute effort, but this "my little poney" vibe is more upsetting then your lack of capitalization!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cute effort, but this "my little poney" vibe is more upsetting then your lack of capitalization!

hey!! screw you dude...my efforts are not cute lil pony style...you just lack the intuition capabilities to pick up on my seriously hardcore demeanor! :devil:

----------------
Now playing: The Kooks - Do You Wanna
via FoxyTunes

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
hey!! screw you dude...my efforts are not cute lil pony style...you just lack the intuition capabilities to pick up on my seriously hardcore demeanor! :devil:

By "my little pony" vibe I meant this mushy mushy :heart:ENFP/ESFP:heart: best friends girl stuff, dudette!

But yeah, as far as girls and hardcore are concerned, I can't handle anything too subjective. Straightforward approach I always say.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'M YOUR HATE

I'M YOUR HATE WHEN YOU WANT LOVE

PAY (PAY!)

PAY THE PRICE

PAY FOR NOTHING'S FAAAAIIIRRRGGGGHHHH

Sorry, that's my inferior Me (extroverted Metallica) coming out to rear its ugly head! Sad, but true.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'M YOUR HATE

I'M YOUR HATE WHEN YOU WANT LOVE

PAY (PAY!)

PAY THE PRICE

PAY FOR NOTHING'S FAAAAIIIRRRGGGGHHHH

Sorry, that's my inferior Me (extroverted Metallica) coming out to rear its ugly head! Sad, but true.

Are those Film Noir condoms for real? Gotta get me some of those! Big film noir fan (well, more neo-noir).

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I oscillate between being incredibly pensive and exuberantly expressive, these are basically my two primary modes of being.

I do almost everything in extreme.

That's just your dominant Ne and auxiliary Fi taking turns controlling your behavior.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are those Film Noir condoms for real? Gotta get me some of those! Big film noir fan (well, more neo-noir).

Listen here, jack, you don't just waltz in here all hunky-dorey and ask for film noir condoms, see? This is the big city now, see? You gotta have that UMPH, that certain special pull, see? Until you got that, kid, you ain't got no need for no condoms anyway, see?

Oh and if you can't read the text, I'll write it out because it's too good to miss:

Working in the big smoke as a PI is tough. Bullets and shells fall down to the streets like rain drops at someone's funeral, death in the air. The dame at the door looks scared, alone--vulnerable. That's why she's here. My gun keeps me safe from the pitter-patter of gunfire, but to protect the dame, I need...FILM NOIR CONDOMS! "When sex needs to be cool!"

Absolutely classic, no? :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ohhh hell yeah with some metalica!!!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
OMG, a bunch of EXFPs and a lone INTP derailed this thread.

Focus people! Focus!

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Listen here, jack, you don't just waltz in here all hunky-dorey and ask for film noir condoms, see? This is the big city now, see? You gotta have that UMPH, that certain special pull, see? Until you got that, kid, you ain't got no need for no condoms anyway, see?

Oh and if you can't read the text, I'll write it out because it's too good to miss:

Working in the big smoke as a PI is tough. Bullets and shells fall down to the streets like rain drops at someone's funeral, death in the air. The dame at the door looks scared, alone--vulnerable. That's why she's here. My gun keeps me safe from the pitter-patter of gunfire, but to protect the dame, I need...FILM NOIR CONDOMS! "When sex needs to be cool!"

Absolutely classic, no? :)

lol, pretty much.

Film Noir Condoms ..... Femme Fatality!