• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to distinguish ESFP and ENFP?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would venture to say that of all the types the E--Ps might be some of the more easy-going about criticism simply because they adapt quickly to new ideas and situations, and are not typically known for taking themselves uber-seriously. The more intense, methodical types might have more of an issue with criticism because it can be taken as more undermining of the whole person. But it is all subjective because it has to do with the type of criticism offered and specifics about the person's life. For example, criticisms that make a person feel suppressed and controlled don't go over well with anyone, but perhaps especially E--Ps?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, esfp's are known for taking criticism very poorly.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
really cze cze? i wish i were better at taking criticism...i try to put on a tough face but it really bothers me if it's someone i like.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am an ENFP and I take myself very seriously, I also take life very seriously even though I happen to have a light or silly disposition, at times, strange, no? :huh:

Last edited:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My sister is an ESFP and I'm an ENFP. We do seem similar but we are actually a lot different. She wants to be the center of attention, I just want to be with people. I love causing people to have fun but I don't have to be the center. I will spend a lot more time analyzing things. I questioned if I was ESFP. Oftentimes ENFP want to be like an ESFP and can try to misdiagonose themselves or they have tried to suppress their N part (I did that for a while)

BTW, I forget to care for my looks too :p

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I oscillate between being incredibly pensive and exuberantly expressive, these are basically my two primary modes of being.

I do almost everything in extreme.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you think that's reflective of your enneagram type cc? because i don't so much...i mean...i see profound meaning in lots of things but at the same time...i just feel like everything will work itself out and focus more on the next adventure...what else i can experience or learn...and i'm enneagram 7

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I've heard another type (not EP) say that EPs are the 'most flex' type - the most easy going and adaptable.

Honestly I can handle criticism pretty well when I know it's unavoidable or necessary or true -- i.e. for "work" but that also depends on how it's done. I'll take it personal if you make it personal, which is why I'm big on professionalism.

But I also have 'very strong' Ti and have made conscious steps to toughen up and constantly improve myself. You can only do that if people tell you things, and usually things you don't want to hear. I can take criticism very objectively. I'm also very ambitious though you might not be able to tell so I want to be getting the leg up on things, and that requires honest feedback.

What I can't take very well is people unfairly criticizing me (which is all in the eye of the beholder I know, I might be a super sensitive crybaby for all you know! lol) or when people who can't do what I can do criticize me.

Writers and artists are very sensitive to criticism, but the only thing I can't take is when people who can't even get their own grammar right or who I think are just plain neophytes or BAD try to tell me what is wrong with my work or what to do. I can't stand that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
aka hypocrisy...yeah..I so recognize that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My sister is an ESFP and I'm an ENFP. We do seem similar but we are actually a lot different. She wants to be the center of attention, I just want to be with people. I love causing people to have fun but I don't have to be the center. I will spend a lot more time analyzing things. I questioned if I was ESFP. Oftentimes ENFP want to be like an ESFP and can try to misdiagonose themselves or they have tried to suppress their N part (I did that for a while)

BTW, I forget to care for my looks too :p

and i think that's why i have trouble seeing myself as this energetic extravert because i'm comparing myself to them...and when at a party i don't feel like i'm the loud chic that everyone's listening to...i'm the girl who's meeting lots of different people and sharing multiple lil intimate connections with people...like snug on the couch quietly discussing something...you know that is until i get up and jump around on the dance floor...hehe

----------------
Now playing: The Kooks - Do You Wanna
via FoxyTunes

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
do you think that's reflective of your enneagram type cc? because i don't so much...i mean...i see profound meaning in lots of things but at the same time...i just feel like everything will work itself out and focus more on the next adventure...what else i can experience or learn...and i'm enneagram 7
Hmm, I dunno, actually.

I score highest on intraspection when I take that online multiple intelligences test, and I would say that this reflects the truth, of all things, I know myself the absolute best, fo sho!

Even though I take life very seriously, and who I am and what I am doing very seriously, I share your general optimism in that I strongly believe that I will be ok and that certain things will work themselves out, but when I have a negative gut feeling I stick with it and do what I can to right its wrong or reroute its path, if that makes sense.

Also, I hate attention, even though I get it a lot. :doh:

I prefer smaller groups to larger ones and find one on one communication the best, that, or if I am really, really lucky, an intimate party of a select *non-egotistical* few who openly share themselves and listen to each other. :wubbie:

Regarding suppressing my N, lol, I don't even think that is possible, yo!!!

My thoughts and feelings act as perpetual triggers releasing "new" thoughts and feelings, ad infinitum.

I think too much, I think too fast... :D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm pretty loud, and I hate it.

:sadbanana:

(Tells self to STFU!!!)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I am having a philisophical conversation with someone I am intent on it, since it is something in my environment, which is what I am focused on. But when I'm talking about theory I am much less likely to respond quickly and more likely to be listening and actively trying to understand. So its not like i'm running around partying and being WAHOO IM A ESFP LOOK AT ME, i'm just much more paying attention to my surroundings, and if that's somone talking N-stuff, then that's what I'm paying attention to.
And I do love being center-of-attention cause it feels good but do not command it constantly.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So its not impossible to catch me in the corner of the party talking about deep-topics with someone but its definitely less of my niche to do so.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've heard another type (not EP) say that EPs are the 'most flex' type - the most easy going and adaptable.

Honestly I can handle criticism pretty well when I know it's unavoidable or necessary or true -- i.e. for "work" but that also depends on how it's done. I'll take it personal if you make it personal, which is why I'm big on professionalism.

But I also have 'very strong' Ti and have made conscious steps to toughen up and constantly improve myself. You can only do that if people tell you things, and usually things you don't want to hear. I can take criticism very objectively. I'm also very ambitious though you might not be able to tell so I want to be getting the leg up on things, and that requires honest feedback.

What I can't take very well is people unfairly criticizing me (which is all in the eye of the beholder I know, I might be a super sensitive crybaby for all you know! lol) or when people who can't do what I can do criticize me.

Writers and artists are very sensitive to criticism, but the only thing I can't take is when people who can't even get their own grammar right or who I think are just plain neophytes or BAD try to tell me what is wrong with my work or what to do. I can't stand that.
YouTube - Jay-Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder

:smooch:

Let them haters hate, that's what they do. (According to Katt Williams, and I wholeheartedly agree :yes: )

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm sorry...i should have thought about my words more carefully i didn't mean for that to sound negatively...i think one of my best friends is esfp she can be both a loud and a quiet conversationalist...i don't have an issue with loud people at all and don't mean it in a bad way.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm sorry...i should have thought about my words more carefully i didn't mean for that to sound negatively...i think one of my best friends is esfp she can be both a loud and a quiet conversationalist...i don't have an issue with loud people at all and don't mean it in a bad way.

oh, no, I wasn't taking offense at anyone. I was just trying to clarify the ESFP position

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh yeah I hope I don't come across negative toward ESFP. I've always sorta wanted to be one and my mom and sister are. I'm very close with my sister. Although looking at it now I can see why sometimes she looks at me like I'm crazy when I'm being very NF.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
EPs usually generate positivity, they are effervescent and relatively confident which makes them approachable and pleasant to be around.

I am not down for competitive mofos and EPs tend to be lovers and not haters and I, well, love that, I guess. :wub: