• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ's are NOT machines

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
*ahem*
They feel very deep emotions, but just don't display them so much. Calling an INTJ a robot is stereotyping them and defeats the intention Jung had when he did his initial studies: so people could understand each other better, not stereotype someone.

Calling an INTJ a robot is like whipping it out and pissing all over Jung dead corpse after you've gone through the trouble of digging it up.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
*Pulls out the broadest metaphorical brush any human could ever percieve and starts to paint his masterpiece*

Anyone who is anyone knows that all INTJ's, and by all I mean every last one of them manufcatured since 1900, is a robot. They just don't make them like they used to, back then, they would take over countries and lead romantic lifestyles.

/masterpiece

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ah dude cmon, INTJ can be awesome dudes. Great humor.
Some suck but every type has its jerks. Except for entp which is entirely constitued of those.

*Pulls out the broadest metaphorical brush any human could ever percieve and starts to paint his masterpiece*

Anyone who is anyone knows that all INTJ's, and by all I mean every last one of them manufcatured since 1900, is a robot. They just don't make them like they used to, back then, they would take over countries and lead romantic lifestyles.

/masterpiece

riiighhttttt :thelook:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
We are machines.

funny_car_image08s.jpg

We just don't always make a lot of sense.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Technically speaking, INTJs are biological machines much like the rest of us. :hug:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does that mean anyone can upgrade to INTJ? 'Cause I wouldn't mind adding on at some point.

Yes, I think it's just a plug-in expansion set to bypass the typical emo-rational circuit loop.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I like to think of myself, not as a robot, but as the pilot of one, Neon Genesis Evangelion-style. (No jokes based on the NGE pilots being 14 years old, please. :nono:)

Or as a tank - squishy insides included. :yes:

Technically speaking, INTJs are biological machines much like the rest of us. :hug:

That too.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My INTJ friend tells me his ideal is to BE a robot. Of course, I love his robot side. :wubbie: <--wub

So maybe you don't speak for all INTJ.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My INTJ friend tells me his ideal is to BE a robot. Of course, I love his robot side. :wubbie: <--wub

So maybe you don't speak for all INTJ.

+1

They're huggable little robots :wubbie:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
on the contrary INTJ are very likely to be in touch with a very strong and working Fi. As they are primarily directed inwards, their emotions are very likely to behave like their thoughts.

I even would bet that the INTJ can mistype as INFJ because he has a strong developed Fi. But I bet this will become unhealthy in the long run, because the individual would want some safety of thought and objectivity over matters to build foundations on.

I guess the INTJ is more likely to appear as a robot, because he is somewhat consistent in his feelings and thoughts. Or at least needs sometime to cope with change (if he does at all). So "rigid mindedness" can work as a shield to ones own personal world in that case. An ENTP on the other hand has Ti as a weaker function and Fi as the vunerable function. Directed outwards the ENTP is more likely to appear hurt but whats going on inside is another story.

In my opinion ENTPs are better robots than INTJs and INTPs are the alltime masters.

G

garbage

I sense a lot of anger in the OP, which just lends more credence to its argument

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
*ahem*
They feel very deep emotions, but just don't display them so much. Calling an INTJ a robot is stereotyping them and defeats the intention Jung had when he did his initial studies: so people could understand each other better, not stereotype someone.

Calling an INTJ a robot is like whipping it out and pissing all over Jung dead corpse after you've gone through the trouble of digging it up.

But, I'm a rreeal buoy !
irobot.jpg

Shut up Ironface.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I sense a lot of anger in the OP, which just lends more credence to its argument

hehe. (OP normally means "original poster", not "original post")

I notice INTJs Fi part pretty often on the forum. Never really seen where the robot reference comes from. Thought it was one of those cliches that gets perpetuated for amusement.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I like to think of myself, not as a robot, but as the pilot of one, Neon Genesis Evangelion-style. (No jokes based on the NGE pilots being 14 years old, please. :nono:)

I dunno, I'd say the most ample joke based on the NGE pilots would be that they're very mentally unstable, not that they're fourteen.

TJs often treat themselves as robots. "Sleep? I NEED NO SLEEP!" and all that.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think INTJs are robotic at all. I think NTs are more like the designers of robots than robots themselves.

Think about it... can computers be creative or choose goals? No, they just follow instructions from the user that they interpret according to pre-programmed standards. Does that sound like what INTJs do? If anything, I'd say computers/robots are more like ISxJs, even though the opposite isn't true.

If computers seem like NTs, it's probably just the imprint of the programmer's personality you're seeing. Not the computer's personality. Computers are far from being creative or analytical in themselves, although their programmers are.

In other words:

Programmer/builder is to computer as magician is to golem.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
From what I've seen, INTJs have greater emotional depth than let's say... an INFP. It's just that they don't show it.

They have no outlet for these emotions, and their emotion-membrane isn't permeable like F-types/E-types (theory), so it sits inside... brewing, becoming stronger and stronger...