• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ's are NOT machines

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I imagine it means that if the Fi is developed well enough in the intj you can seem Infp-ish.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I imagine it means that if the Fi is developed well enough in the intj you can seem Infp-ish.

Yes, but my remark was about INFPs mistaking themselves as INTJ...not the other ways around ya know?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

If the Infp has to develop there Te they might lose some of the Fi timidity. They might appear intj-ish.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I met this guy a while ago, he was INTJ I didn't really think he was a robot, but he was quite weird, he assumed that everybody lies (like house lol) and everybody hides things, not telling the entire truth. So his relationships with others started from that point. He was actually more interested in finding out what others are hiding from him, then actually connecting with them. I never got to know much about him, I guess I wasn't in the trust zone lol.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
If the Infp has to develop there Te they might lose some of the Fi timidity. They might appear intj-ish.

hmmm......this only happens when infps spend too much time around you heartless NTs :p

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
I find it funny. INTJs are actually the least logical of all the dominant thinkers. The robot impression probably comes from the notorious aloof demeanor, and psychologically distant interactions with other people. I agree with Ni and Fi being under the hood. Anything accessible, relatable, or soft isn't seen often.

Well...which type would be the most logical out all dominant thinkers?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well...which type would be the most logical out all dominant thinkers?

Theoretically, INTP.

Ti is more focused on logic than ordering the environment, and Ti is their dominant function.

INFPs would be the most emotional/feeling of the NFs for the same reason, but with Fi.

Nicodemus

What opens the question: Is the most logical = the most rational ?
Not necessarily. Ratio, or reason, entails more than logic, which in itself is not that fancy. In fact, logic is rather basic, encompassing really only Te and Ti, whereas reason may encompass all functions.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Indeed, you will note that INTJs adopt their idealist side or their logical side as they feel is best.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What opens the question: Is the most logical = the most rational ?

That's a good question. Sometimes a choice can be logical, but not really rational. Computers make choices like these all the time, and part of the difficulty in developing AI is getting them not to do this.

INTPs have a tendency to have beliefs that are logically consistent but irrational for other reasons, so their logic can actually be a handicap and ironically make them irrational in some ways. Not that they're logical all the time, but their natural way of assessing things tends to be that way to a large degree, whether they want it to be or not.

The advantage INTJs have, is that their Intuition is arguably the strongest in the NT temperament, if not out of all the 16 types, and thus they're better at seeing the big picture, and making beneficial choices for themselves.

Note that I'm using the words "rational" and "irrational" in the conventional sense, not the Jungian sense.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
to the op:
hey! Let's not make hasty generalizations here! :laugh:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Only if you actually believe in that functional order *stuff*.

Yes, if a persons cognition doesn't mark the archetype better than another archetype then they are mistyped.

I lol mightily at the IxTP flavours who think they are INTJs and drum on about semantics and more hilariously how 'their rationality FAR exceeds their intuition'! I've even seen this apply to some xSFJ and INFPs females who have adopted the type because they 'logic and think things through sequentially all the time - so INTJ' .... welllll.... no... not really.