User Tag List

View Poll Results: What characterizes me best?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Female-Left Handed-I have pretty extraordinary cognitive and executive skills

1 2.70%
  • Female-Left Handed-I have some kind of inability(eg spatial awareness,inborn health difficulties...)

0 0%
  • Female Left Handed-I am intelligent and capable person

3 8.11%
  • Female-Right Handed-I have pretty extraordinary cognitive and executive skills

1 2.70%
  • Female-Right Handed-I have some kind of inability(eg spatial awareness,inborn health difficulties..)

0 0%
  • Female-Right Handed-I am intelligent and capable person

10 27.03%
  • Female-Ambidextrous-(specify in post)

3 8.11%
  • Female-I use other organ than my hands to day to day activities-(specify in post)

0 0%
  • Male-Left Handed-I have pretty extraordinary cognitive and executive skills

3 8.11%
  • Male-Left Handed-I have some kind of inability(eg spatial awareness,inborn health difficulties...)

2 5.41%
  • Male-Left Handed-I am intelligent and capable person

3 8.11%
  • Male-Right Handed-I have pretty extraordinary cognitive and executive skills

3 8.11%
  • Male-Right Handed-I have some kind of inability(eg spatial awareness,inborn health difficulties...)

0 0%
  • Male-Right Handed-I am intelligent and capable person

7 18.92%
  • Male-Ambidextrous-(specify in post)

1 2.70%
  • Male-I use other organ than my hands to day to day activities-(specify in post)

0 0%
First 123

MBTI
    I

Now that I think of it, all the lefties I know usually are very intelligent, or can do things quickly and can multitask.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I am a lefty, but with lots of cross-dominance (I think).
    I play paino, drums, bass, guitar and a few other instruments. All right handed, if it applies. On drums this crossing has been very beneficial.
    I have good spacial awareness, very good hand-eye coordination, and can track moving objects well. I sometimes forget which is left, though.
    Left-handed people are different. They just have a slightly different way of approaching the world, IMO. I can't really define this, but I can often tell when a person is LH'ed without seeing them write, or which wrist has a watch on it (almost always the non-dominant hand). I don't know what, but there is something there.
    I don't buy that lefties are more intelligent than righties. I've known many less than bright lefties to think that. There are plenty of retarded and autistic LH'ers; more than in the general population, in fact. I belive that whatever events in-utero contribute to hand-dominance, also can cause cognitive deficiencies.
    Lefties have a thicker corpus callosum (the band of connective tissue that connects the two hemispheres), which might account for the ability to think both logically/sequentially and creatively/non-sequentially.