• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Accurate Personality Test

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Oh damnit, now I'm an INTP according to this test.

Right when I'd finally decided on INFP. Damn.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are the
INTP

INTPs are logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others.

No surprise there.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I copied the cognitive definitions of both Socionics and MBTI for side-by-side comparison. As stated before, one's preference for functions does not change unless one system is defining a particular function differently. I see no difference in definitions, so I cannot be for Si-Te in one system and Ti-Se in the other. If I am sure that I prefer Ti-Se then I will not be ISTp in Socionics, but ISTj. Granted the definitions from Socionics were taken from Wikipedia, so there may be differing ones elsewhere, and the MBTI was taken from bestfittypes.com:
SOCIONICS: Te is responsible for assessing the efficiency of actions, understanding of technical processes, the accomplishment of work, the efficient and prudent use of resources, factual accuracy, and the acquisition of relevant and useful information. Te understands the difference between effective and ineffective behavior when performing a procedure or accomplishing a task, and aspires to increase the frequency of productive outcomes within a system.

MBTI: Extraverted Thinking: Segmenting; organizing for efficiency; systematizing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters; deciding if something is working or not.

SOCIONICS: Ti is responsible for understanding logic and structure, categorizations, ordering and priorities, logical analysis and distinctions, logical explanations, and the derivation of true statements from "self-evident" rules. Ti interprets information according to how it fits into a system. Ti is particularly aware of syntactic correctness and how concepts relate to each other in meaning and structure.

MBTI: Introverted Thinking: Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.

SOCIONICS: Fe is responsible for the perception of an emotional state in an individual and the bodily and linguistic expression of emotions. Fe is able to influence others' emotional condition and to communicate its own, "infecting" others. Fe is used especially in generating and recognizing excitement and enthusiasm.

MBTI: Extraverted Feeling: Connecting; considering others and the group—organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting to and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others.
SOCIONICS: Fi is responsible for understanding the quality, nature, and proper maintenance of personal relations; makes moral judgments; and aspires to humanism and kindness. Fi has a strong understanding of the social hierarchy and how people feel about each other, their attitudes of like or dislike, enthrallment or disgust, repulsion or attraction, enmity or friendship.

MBTI: Introverted Feeling: Valuing; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.

SOCIONICS: Se is responsible for the perception, control, defense, and acquisition of space, territory, and control. It assesses objective appearance and the geometric form of subjects, estimates whether forces are in alignment or conflict, and uses strength of will and power-based methods to achieve purposes. Se understands territory and physical aggression.

MBTI: Extraverted Sensing: Experiencing the immediate context; taking action in the physical world; noticing changes and opportunities for action; accumulating experiences; scanning for visible reactions and relevant data; recognizing “what is.”

SOCIONICS: Si is responsible for perception of physical sensations; questions of comfort, coziness, and pleasure; and a sense of harmony and acclimation with one's environment (especially physical). Si understand how well a person or thing's behavior agrees with its nature as well as the differences between comfortable behaviors and positions and uncomfortable ones.

MBTI: Introverted Sensing: Reviewing past experiences; “what is” evoking “what was”; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognizing the way things have always been.

SOCIONICS: Ne is responsible for understanding the essence (permanent traits) of a thing, estimating opportunities and possibilities for people and things, and visualizing potential outcomes of events. It is responsible for the sense of interest or boredom. Ne will speculate as to why an event occurs, but sees the specific event as static and unalterable.

MBTI: Extraverted iNtuiting: Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change “what is” for “what could possibly be”; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.

SOCIONICS: Ni is responsible for the estimation of the passage of time, the understanding of a course of processes in time, and forecasting. Ni understand how things change and evolve over time and throughout history. Ni is acutely aware of events that are occurring outside of the immediate perception of the moment, and sees events as part of a continuous flow. Ni perceives the inevitability of future events and notices ties to the past.

MBTI: Introverted iNtuiting: Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing “what will be”; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
I was classified as a ISTJ. I suppose it saves me the trouble of making a "Just Another ????" account.

I believe the brief description is accurate overall, although when something like a crush swirls about in my mind, I can hardly get anything done.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see why would this test be very accurate. The questions are few and they don't focus to the MBTI dichotomies and they're either very vague or so specific that only the "sometimes" answer would make sense.

I don't think it's very accurate thus far...just looking at member results.

I also don't buy the 'you may just not be typing yourself accurately and this test will point you towards your true type' argument - simply deflects/shifts accountability onto the test-taker when in reality the test-maker may need to reassess the questions and format. And, it's an argument that could be used for ALL personality tests. Given all of the results thus far (and esp. disproportionate number of ENTx results), there's something that's significantly off in the test. Many people have already pointed out specific questions that are vague, or more importantly, that could have more than one motivation/dichotomy behind them.

Besides, if you answer "mostly" to all of the questions it scores ISFP, if you answer "sometimes" to all of them it's ENTJ and if you answer "not often" to all it's INTJ. It's like the personality differences are not very balanced.

I think this is an interesting point.

I think it's a big problem with this test - especially the 'sometimes' factor. And maybe the fact that so many people seem to be selecting 'sometimes' is an indicator that certain questions need to be modified or replaced.

All answering 'sometimes' might indicate is that 1. you can't relate to the question one way or the other so put 'sometimes' just because you have to select something, OR 2. the question truly does apply only 'sometimes' and you're relatively balanced and not extreme in that scenario - or it's so situational that you can't genuinely answer one way or another. It's point '1' that could throw off a lot of results, and might be a problem with many tests of this format. [and point 2, again, might just indicate the person is pretty balanced and situational, and nothing more than that - so may not be a good indicator of ANY type] Perhaps a 'Not applicable'/'Doesn't apply'/'Doesn't make sense'/'Skip question' bullet point should be available so the user can negate a question that doesn't apply, and then the questions that DO apply would be the only ones utilized to determine the personality type. Not that it would work...just trying to solve for the problem.

Last edited:

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
ENTP.

I liked the questions. They were fresh and I didn't automatically think, "oh this is an N vs. S question" on all of them (still a good lot of them, but nonetheless.)

Well done, sirrah.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I developed this 41 question test with many variables in mind. I took into account theories on temperament, preference, and the functions. The fact that this test has many variables indicates that it is quite an accurate and reasonable personality test. I have seen complaints about personality tests because they miss out on significant defining questions from different categories of theory, thus leading to its inaccuracy. If you are unsure about your personality type or want to give testing another try, this test will prove very accurate. I put a lot of thought into sorting every personality type when designing this and a select few questions have been recycled from other tests. This test has had astonishingly influential mind-changing results with the original sample of people and it gives much insight to personality types. It has been recommended by the majority of its takers and many have said they have realized their type for the first time though this tool, after other tests have resulted otherwise.

Take TypeSorter to find out your personality type.

You are the
INTj

INTjs are independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.

Detailed description of the INTj: LII male and female - Wikisocion

I might add that I'm unhealthy & depressed, so I think it's my desintegration type.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
You are the
ISFj

ISFjs are quiet, kind, and conscientious. Can be depended on to follow through. Usually puts the needs of others above their own needs. Stable and practical, they value security and traditions. Well-developed sense of space and function. Rich inner world of observations about people. Extremely perceptive of others feelings. Interested in serving others.

Meh, I could be, who knows? :)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
You are the
ISTp

ISTps are quiet and reserved, interested in how and why things work. Excellent skills with mechanical things. Risk-takers who live for the moment. Usually interested in and talented at extreme sports. Uncomplicated in their desires. Loyal to their peers and to their internal value systems, but not overly concerned with respecting laws and rules if they get in the way of getting something done. Detached and analytical, they excel at finding solutions to practical problems.

G

garbage

Got ENFp this time around

You are the
ENFp

ENFps are enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I developed this 41 question test with many variables in mind. I took into account theories on temperament, preference, and the functions. The fact that this test has many variables indicates that it is quite an accurate and reasonable personality test. I have seen complaints about personality tests because they miss out on significant defining questions from different categories of theory, thus leading to its inaccuracy. If you are unsure about your personality type or want to give testing another try, this test will prove very accurate. I put a lot of thought into sorting every personality type when designing this and a select few questions have been recycled from other tests. This test has had astonishingly influential mind-changing results with the original sample of people and it gives much insight to personality types. It has been recommended by the majority of its takers and many have said they have realized their type for the first time though this tool, after other tests have resulted otherwise.

Take TypeSorter to find out your personality type.

nice. #40's double negative threw me a bit. i'm bad with double negatives.

some of the questions sound like the ones on MyPersonality.info - Personality Types and Multiple Intelligences Tests & Information
just sayin

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
fairly accurate with an ENTp

you've ripped quite a few questions from the humanmetrics test haven't you? :headphne:

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Little off for me. I got INTJ.

Like, the description fits just fine. I wouldn't even say it was off if I didn't or hadn't established that I'm an S. I could be an N... That would be interesting... Intriguing.