• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is possible and what is not

Gauche

Say where are your boundaries between what is possible and what is impossible.

Take it both subjectively (for me personally) and objectively (at all)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Possible is what no man has ever achieved. Impossible is what every men tries to achieve.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
What's imaginable is likely possible. What is not imagined is for sure "impossible".

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
What's imaginable is likely possible. What is not imagined is for sure "impossible".

Interesting at the N response, because I was about to say possible is something that can be proved to be physically achieved within the boundaries of the universe. Sensor responses, ftw?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Interesting at the N response, because I was about to say possible is something that can be proved to be physically achieved within the boundaries of the universe. Sensor responses, ftw?

Heh, yes a difference in the perceived boundaries. Mine wasn't based on the physical limitations of this universe. Is that silly? Perhaps. I do believe there's more out there than just our universe though.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Heh, yes a difference in the perceived boundaries. Mine wasn't based on the physical limitations of this universe. Is that silly? Perhaps. I do believe there's more out there than just our universe though.

I want proof. Find me proof. Then I'll believe you. See how an S thinks?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am one of theose dreamers that ruely believes that all things are always possible, always...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Its hard to tell whether or not things are impossible... If they haven't been done yet, or we haven't had the means to achieve it yet, it doesn't meant its impossible. You can only assume something to be "impossible", but hard to prove.

So, almost anything is possible, in my opinion!

Proving something to be impossible is impossible :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
To stand naked on a mountain, wielding the sword of truth, fresh cuts all over the body, breathing fast and deeply is possible.

To write a good grade at my university is impossible. :D

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Say where are your boundaries between what is possible and what is impossible.

Take it both subjectively (for me personally) and objectively (at all)

good question, possibvle ids defined by how much time you are willing to sacrifice, your lifespan.

death itself makes everytrhing impossible because it gives a deadline to everything you ewant to achieve,

however without death, anything would be possible given infinite time.
In other words, we would not know what is possible and ewhat is impossible until the day we achiebve it before our death.

There are limitations in this physical world which makes things impossible, such as fear, pain, gravity ,other people's interference, limited intelligence, and most importantly your own brain. However, some of things can be defied by pure psuychological will. The laws of physics also give alot of limitations and narrow the scape of what is possible.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If universe is infinite, nothing can be impossible.

Gauche

The laws of physics also give alot of limitations and narrow the scape of what is possible.

But what if laws of physics are not the ultimate laws? How could we be sure that there is nothing deeper?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
But what if laws of physics are not the ultimate laws? How could we be sure that there is nothing deeper?

But then the universe we experience wouldn't be expressed the way it is. However, the Copenhagen interpretation does make an interesting argument when it comes to the reality of something we cannot detect. So your argument could be there.

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
Its hard to tell whether or not things are impossible... If they haven't been done yet, or we haven't had the means to achieve it yet, it doesn't meant its impossible. You can only assume something to be "impossible", but hard to prove.

So, almost anything is possible, in my opinion!

Proving something to be impossible is impossible :)

agreed.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Everything is possible, the only thing that's impossible is perfection and even that's subjective.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Anything that happens is possible, everything that doesn't happen is impossible. If it's possible, it will probably happen, or at least manifest in some way (i.e. nuclear war hasn't happened, but it's possible, and the bombs exists and a few have been dropped). Imagination is irelevant; we can't imagine that much because we are biased and, compared to the entire spectrum of nature, ignorant and uneducated. What makes us think humans can imagine anything on a grand, cosmic scale of posibility anyway? That just seems absurd.