• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is part of our personality hidden from us?

wolfy

awsm
so maybe cuz the extroverts are extroverting the behavior and get external feedback we can see it but an introvert might not?

Actually ? went into this later in the post.

This is most likely the case of all introverted types resulting in INTPs seeing the Designer but not the Theorizer, INFJs seeing the Forseer, but not the Developer and so on. I do question and have raised this inquiry of enthusiasts of the system, as to whether extraverts would actually relate to the second word, but not the first since they have a more vested interest in the external world. Ergo ESTPs could see themselves as Expeditors, but fail to see the Promoter, ENTPs notice the Inventor, but not the Explorer, ENFPs see the Advocate, but not the Discoverer and so on.

But from the responses it seems well... some do, some don't

wolfy

awsm
I'm sure each word is referring to the dominant and auxiliary processes, and how they manifest in your specific type.

I'm not sure how they came up with them. I'd like to know though.

I thought it might be the combination of the first two functions and the second two.

So for me...
Fi+Se Composer
Ni+Te Producer

But I don't know.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually, I see in me the Theorizer, but I hardly recognize the Designer.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I can see clearly how you theorize! So you are conscious of your ability to do it?
Most definitely. I do this theorizing both automatically and consciously at different times.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
How is "inspector" different from "analyzer"? I think they're the same...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
How is "inspector" different from "analyzer"? I think they're the same...
Just going by the words, I would think inspector means discoverer of facts, while analyzer means interpreter of facts.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Just going by the words, I would think inspector means discoverer of facts, while analyzer means interpreter of facts.

Okay.

I think ISTJ's should be called analyzers, not inspectors.
'nyway, I can see both "planner" and "inspector" in myself.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
who's going to be the inspector then?

No, I don't know... no facts are new anyway, so there is really nothing to discover on behalf of mankind. But peeling away the layers of what already exist is lots of fun and new and different for everyone.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
No, I don't know... no facts are new anyway, so there is really nothing to discover on behalf of mankind. But peeling away the layers of what already exist is lots of fun and new and different for everyone.
Inspecting refers to uncovering facts and details which are merely unknown to some, not treading new ground.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You're pretty good with analyzing the words. Can you do composer producer for me?
I don't think I know what producer is supposed to mean here.

Composer would be fabricator of that which is pleasing.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Sounds a bit like the theory behind Johari Wondow...

Wikipedia link
Berens/Nardi actually use the Johari window in their theory.
As ESTP I can actually see both descriptors in my personality...

(although I wonder which definition of "executor"they mean :D)

In case it may well be that I have tried to learn a lot about the strenghts and weaknesses of my type so I am able to recognise the descriptors.
Which is exactly what I think they may be trying to convey. I know with Operator, I was using the word in the sense of mechanical however Operator has a different denotation and can mean managing an enterprise or industrial establishment or someone dealing in trades. Based on that, I can see that somewhat in myself but it’s latent and I have to muster energy.

One of the things that I have asked on another forum in particularly with ESTP and extraverted types in general is if they see the latter word and are blind to the first. Based on some ESTPs self descriptions here, they do seem to see the Promoter first. I highlighted your statement which is indicative of whether you truly see you self as an “executor” which means:
ex⋅ec⋅u⋅tor   /ɪgˈzɛkyətər or, for 1, ˈɛksɪˌkyutər/ [ig-zek-yuh-ter or, for 1, ek-si-kyoo-ter] –noun

1. a person who executes, carries out, or performs some duty, job, assignment, artistic work, etc.
2. Law. a person named in a decedent's will to carry out the provisions of that will.

wolfy

awsm
I don't think I know what producer is supposed to mean here.

Composer would be fabricator of that which is pleasing.

Producer would then be
To unfold that which is pleasing ?

I think it has something to do with this meaning of produce.
Main Entry: produce
Definition: demonstrate, show

Arilee

MBTI Type
ESTP
One of the things that I have asked on another forum in particularly with ESTP and extraverted types in general is if they see the latter word and are blind to the first. Based on some ESTPs self descriptions here, they do seem to see the Promoter first. I highlighted your statement which is indicative of whether you truly see you self as an “executor” which means:

I do see the definitions of executor that you posted, I am usually good at getting things started - I'm not the worlds best at finishing jobs though.

I would say i can see the promoter part more clearly than executor though.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I do see the definitions of executor that you posted, I am usually good at getting things started - I'm not the worlds best at finishing jobs though.

I would say i can see the promoter part more clearly than executor though.
Which is what the theory behind using the two word titles proposes. As said, I easily see the Analyzer within myself however I am not always conscious of the Operator unless sometimes pointed out by others. Nevertheless it was my limited defining of Operator that prevented me from seeing the title.