• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Number One

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This it is exactly.

Blindness goes two ways.
No dichotomy there.

A dichotomy is undivided. It does not add.
It is about girls and dolls.
Correspondence is an inclusive measure.
A catalyst is an outside agent.

Only number one parts.
Two does not part.
It is parted already.

You have an interesting function order.
There is a dichotomy inside of a dichotomy. A complex and a rare pattern.

It is quite all right to peddle drugs under a licence.
The streets are beyond authority control.
Authority is jealous of what it cannot control.
Jealousy is not about moral. It is about power.
Caesar is naked.

The therapist and the patient, like the number 1, two sides of the same thing- there's no seperation in what's being looked at, just two aspects of the same issue.

They do say that 1 is the loneliest number though- were it a prime number, indivisible, it would be. I would merely say that one was the least sane number since it splits into fractions so nicely but never into a whole self :D

The psychiatric drugs aren't a part of the number 1 though- they're the catalyst- a penny where the therapist/patient team is the heads and tails of a quarter.

Perhaps the order is an odd one- that may explain how I passed as a sensor rather well... Though no two ENTPs are the same ;)

Had Pablo Escobar donated a good sum of money to congress, perhaps the war on drugs would be otherwise. Legal drugs are legal for a reason, and it's not always because they're less dangerous than the illegal ones- often money speaks the loudest.

The drug company representatives would clothe Ceasar in some really stylish clothing if they ever got thier hands on him- all he needs to do is remember that they're his friends :)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm so cliche.

4w5
INFJ
Melancholic
I don't know anything about function order.

"Thursday on the inside," that is priceless.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
The therapist and the patient, like the number 1, two sides of the same thing- there's no seperation in what's being looked at, just two aspects of the same issue.

They do say that 1 is the loneliest number though- were it a prime number, indivisible, it would be. I would merely say that one was the least sane number since it splits into fractions so nicely but never into a whole self :D

The psychiatric drugs aren't a part of the number 1 though- they're the catalyst- a penny where the therapist/patient team is the heads and tails of a quarter.

Perhaps the order is an odd one- that may explain how I passed as a sensor rather well... Though no two ENTPs are the same ;)

Had Pablo Escobar donated a good sum of money to congress, perhaps the war on drugs would be otherwise. Legal drugs are legal for a reason, and it's not always because they're less dangerous than the illegal ones- often money speaks the loudest.

The drug company representatives would clothe Ceasar in some really stylish clothing if they ever got thier hands on him- all he needs to do is remember that they're his friends :)
Yes. :)
Only an odd number divides an odd number.
As you said.

Principle is not a process.
The agent does not divide.

Mendel discovered the principle.
It is called the Law of Mendel.

Is there any other kind of a dichotomy?
No.

Interest does not add.
What did Mendel say?

One divides as an object.
Not as an agent.

Therefore a dichotomy is three to one.
A balance does not reflect.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I picked:
phlegmatic
expansive

Enneagram: 7
Ne Ti Ni Se Fe Te Fi Si
ENTP

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. :)
Only an odd number divides an odd number.
As you said.

Principle is not a process.
The agent does not divide.

Mendel discovered the principle.
It is called the Law of Mendel.

Is there any other kind of a dichotomy?
No.

Interest does not add.
What did Mendel say?

One divides as an object.
Not as an agent.

Therefore a dichotomy is three to one.
A balance does not reflect.

The problem is in looking at numbers in mathematical terms- as things to work with

they're much more fun as an idea- something to play with

ideas are more flexible than conventional math- though the math instructors aren't fond of hearing that one ;)

A fraction is a number just as well as a number- everything is divisible

And anything divided by zero is one :D

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

Yes.
Two aspects.
Sight is one.

To see is to know.
The school teacher thinks knowledge is based on learning.
It is based on sight.

The math classes are not interested in the problem.
The students learn to solve the problem without understanding what the problem is.

The solution is not the problem then?
It is the problem.

Why?
The means is the cause.

The zero does not remove the number.
It does not change the loci in the number either.
Interest does not add.

Zero does not divide. As you say.
Therefore it does not add either.

What does the zero do?
It does not do.

1 X 1 = 1.
1 + 1 = 2.

The basic philosophy of Aristoteles.
Later found by Mendel.

1 + 2 = 1 X 3

Subtraction evades inclusion.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here is a book that is the story of a world or country divided up into those four ancient temperaments.Divided Kingdom by Rupert Thomson

I always wondered what the term "phlegmatic" referred to, and so I took the opportunity just now to look it up. I wondered if it's origins might be traced back to at some point having the term "phlogiston" as part of the weave. My initial research shows that "phlogiston" was derived from ancient Greek ( "burning up" ) but whose original development as a "scientific concept" was more related to Germany. "Phlegmatic" seems to refer to a temperament possessed by those who remained "calm during a storm", which describes the way I see "NT's" viewing themselves. In my brief dallying on the subject, though, I saw no connection between "burning up" and "storm" ( such as the concept "firestorm" might have suggested. )

Remember, those temperaments line up with bot Keirseyan temperament AND Interaction Style.

IST/INJ=Melancholic
ISF/INP=Phlegmatic
EST/ENJ=Choleric
ESF/ENP=Sanguine

SJ=Melancholic
SP=Sanguine
NF/NT dispute as to which is Phlegmatic and Choleric. Keirsey saw the NT's intellectual "calmness" as Phlegmatic, and the NF's enthusiasm as Choleric. But the NT is more power-seeking, while the NF is more peace-seeking, and these match up with the traditional Choleric and Phlegmatic, respectively. The Keirseyan groupings are conative, and not measuring the more familiar surface behavior of social skills. Those temperaments would be the Interaction Styles.

Just corious; what test are people getting their hippocratic temperament from? The free online ones discussed in other threads? In those, we had more NT's coming up part Choleric and NF's coming up Phlegmatic, though there may have been a few that were the other way. As usual, the ENTJ is the most Choleric.

So most types are a blend of two of those temperaments. ISTJ, INFP, ENTJ and ESFP would be the "purest" temperaments.

The temperaments appear to line up with the Enneagram types:

5=Melancholic
6=Supine (fifth temperament)
7=Sanguine
8=Choleric
9=Phlegmatic

1=Between Melancholic and Choleric (Ambiverted, directive)
2=Between Supine and Sanguine (ambiverted, informative)
3=between Sanguine and Choleric (extroverted, moderately responsive)
4=between Supine and Melancholic (introverted; moderately responsive)

So putting these all together, it would make sense for an ENTP to be both a SanChlor, and a 7w8, as we see usually. (Though I see one of you is saying you're phlegmatic). Sometimes the different factors (E/I/D/Inf) mix different ways. For an ENTJ to come up Sanguine-Melancholic for instance, you can see it as the extroversion of the Sanguine mixing with the directiveness of the Melancholic, to simulate a "Choleric" type. Likewise, INTP's (myself included) often coming up type 5, when they're more Phlegmatic and Choleric. (two opposite temperaments that may temper each other into what looks overall like a Melancholic).

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Thursday spoke the truth.

The alternative is within.
The unison is out.

One does not divide.
Is it divided?

Not in one.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Choleric, intensive. I have the berserker traits of an Enneagram Eight but almost always test as an Enneagram One.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
sanguine
choleric
melancholic
or phlegmatic

Melancholic, if I'm choosing one.

Order of preference, if I were to guess:

Melancholic > Phlegmatic > Sanguine > Choleric

intensive
expansive
stable
or
sensitive

Sensitive.

Sensitive > Stable > Expansive > Intensive

State the following:

Enneagram only if you have it.
Function order only if you bother.
MBTI
InfJ

I'm not sure of my enneagram at all... I gravitate towards 5, 6, 9, and 4, but nothing really jumps out at me.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
sanguine
choleric
melancholic
or phlegmatic

I really don't know how to answer this one.

intensive
expansive
stable
or
sensitive

Both intensive ad expansive at the same time. The other two don't fit at all.

State the following:

Enneagram only if you have it.
Function order only if you bother.
MBTI

Enneagram? 5? 3? 9? 8? 7? I suppose about that order.

Function order. Ni, Te, Fi... or something. Intj. I guess. The only thing that sticks out is the I.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ

Reading the descriptions, probably Melancholic and phlegmatic - more of the former.

Type 1 or Type 4. I can't decide whether I am a 1 who when unhealthy, starts identifying with a 4, or if I'm a 4 who when healthy starts identifying with a 1.

Function order - blah. Order that I most identify with would be -- Ni/Fi, Se/Fe/Ti, Ne, Si, Te. When taking cognitive function 'tests', I typically get placed into ISFP or INFP, but I think I'm a bona fide J.