• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Question about extraverts and contradiction between inner and outer worlds

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
Do any of you that type yourself as extraverts experience a contradiction between the outer and your inner worlds?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Constantly. It's a tight rope to walk and a reason why occasionally I just wanna be alone. It can cause feelings like being left out, and not feeling at home on this planet

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you mean is the person we represent different then the person only we know?

if so...no not really. i mean i am the person i represent but i'm not only that.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
do you mean is the person we represent different then the person only we know?

if so...no not really. i mean i am the person i represent but i'm not only that.

So what else are you? Do you have an idea about that? Don't be puzzled or anything, I'm just interested.

G

garbage

Not really.. I feel like I present myself to the world as I am inside, and I interact with a wide variety of people without the apparent need to put on a facade for any of them. Although I don't readily display very strong emotions, they obviously do affect me and how I interact with the outside world. My realtor friend tells me that she has to fake confidence or "tell herself" that she's confident at times. I can't readily do that.

Perhaps, then, I'm too honest about myself to the world..

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what else are you? Do you have an idea about that? Don't be puzzled or anything, I'm just interested.

of course i know :)
but people see me as this strong confident happy positive person...in person
and i'm not so expressive with the opposite side of me....unless we have a more intimate relationship.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do feel that I am presenting who I am, most of the time. Sometimes I try to make myself more "user-friendly" meaning I'm less likely to express an angry or sad mood, or negative/unagreeable opinion, (or atleast try to soften it, or make light of it.) Like if I was sad I might complain but then follow with. "Sorry if i'm a debbie-downer."

Since I am usually feeling happy and contented on the inside, this usually doesn't lead to a conflict.

I don't think this has much to do with my extraversion though, so i'm not sure if that even answers the question properly.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Nope, I lack an inner world.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Somewhat. I have one, but I feel the need to communicate it. And, I want to let it out into the open.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what inner world? :huh:

I live on the surface- reflecting things back and processing things in an exterior as opposed to interior manner. I judge me based on the reactions I get and behave accordingly.

Too extroverted to have a well developed inner world, I'm starting to fear. I think that I lost myself to everyone else a long time ago, and every day I sell little slivers of the shell to customers :dry:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
is it worse to be the only one who really knows yourself, or to have no self for you to know?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
good question- as falling into only one of those categories, I don't have the full picture and can't answer it! :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I present the friendly or the unfriendly side of me, whichever is safest. I really like people and am fascinated by them, but no way do I allow them access to me without consent. I don't live on the surface. However, I don't go out to deceive anyone either, so I *am* being "myself", just a version that I can defend until someone proves trustworthy, sort of like limited access to one's Facebook/Myspace page. Not that I have full control over myself. Being Fe primary precludes total control (much to my chagrin).

I find that wherever I go, whatever group I fall into, I have a persona, and that persona is what other people interact with. For instance, even if they know my real name, the majority may continue to call me by a nickname.

Do other NFJs relate? Do you acquire a persona?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm that way too pink...exactly...except i'm not comfortable with " acquire a persona" it's not acquired as much as it is reflected or brought out by the other person.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i'm that way too pink...exactly...except i'm not comfortable with " acquire a persona" it's not acquired as much as it is reflected or brought out by the other person.

This is what I was expertly fumbling toward. Thanks for a better way of saying it. :yes:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Ah yes, you are like a mirror then. I suppose I'm more of a window, as you can't help notice the more interesting person standing behind me. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
pshhaw<<<<---- is that how people say it?? haha

i'm only a mirror when i can relate or connect...it's not that way with everyone.

and uh no...the window comment.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Do any of you that type yourself as extraverts experience a contradiction between the outer and your inner worlds?
Of course. Doesn't everyone? It doesn't bother me, at all.

I don't have a manufactured persona, at least none I'm aware of.