• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Question about extraverts and contradiction between inner and outer worlds

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course. Doesn't everyone? It doesn't bother me, at all.

I don't have a manufactured persona, at least none I'm aware of.

*sends up the Lat Signal* :D

LucrativeSid

Contradiction? No. My inner world is a tiny part of the outer world, and my perception of the outer world is largely impacted by my inner world. I don't think of my experience of awareness as something that happens in an inner or outer world. I just think of it as consciousness. I am consciously aware - everything is just part of that. I don't know why I'd separate them, even if I did pay a lot more attention to one or the other.

Whether I'm looking out or looking in, I'm looking - and that indicates consciousness and nothing more, in my opinion. Everything that I'm capable of perceiving is coming from somewhere and being processed somewhere. It's universal.

I feel that I am quite deep and that my "inner world" is probably comparable to most introverts. I kind of guess that it's like for a lot of extroverts. It's there, we just never thought it was something to celebrate, pride ourselves on, and point out to everybody else. Since it's not our only concern, we don't obsess about it too much, much like how nobody would run around excited about the fact that they have toes. We just have them, no big deal. (But of course, I have no idea what it's actually like to be in someone else's mind, but that's okay, because it's not like I'll ever run short of new experiences within my own.)

I did not take the OP's questions as being about projected personas. If they were, I apologize for my overly insightful answer. ;)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
to a point, my inner world is abnormally rich for an ENFP and its not something i want to throw away

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
It really is like an iceberg for me, but I doubt it's the opposite for extroverts..

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
to a point, my inner world is abnormally rich for an ENFP and its not something i want to throw away

:), it isn't that abnormal. We can seem like we put a lot of ourselves into the outer world, but there is a million times more below the surface. Look at how we work and tell me anyone has a chance of seeking ultimate understanding and staying simple and naive. The complex inner world should be an obvious one. But most people who meet us don't realise it, and some are quite shocked when things emerge from it. You'd think after years of knowing you though they would start to discount the idea that you are random and get lucky, rather than precise. But things still seem to surprise people...

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
do you mean is the person we represent different then the person only we know?

if so...no not really. i mean i am the person i represent but i'm not only that.
That's.... a bit contradictive isn't it?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I am what I do for, with, and to other people. "Inner life" is nothing but a wank.