• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

P's and organizational skills.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Have any of you xxxP's found any method of organization and/or time management that works for you? Please share.

I could be doing a lot better, but one thing I do is use the Notepad program to mash together things I have to keep track of and remember, there are 15 notepads open on my computer right now. It's been a life-saver.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
No. I've figured out how to expect my lack of time management skills, so in a way, it's well managed, because I know exactly what I'll accomplish, and what won't survive the limited timeframe to get things done after I've procrastinated.

As for organization. I go for the organized chaos method. No one else can find anything, but I know exactly where everything is. "Where are the earbuds?" "Under the pile of papers on the left, inside the cell phone case."

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The one thing I've found helps consistently is planning backward rather than forward. J's plan forward--If I start right away when can I be finished. P's do better with figuring out the last realistic moment they can start when they consider other commitments they have and how long the process might take.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
The one thing I've found helps consistently is planning backward rather than forward. J's plan forward--If I start right away when can I be finished. P's do better with figuring out the last realistic moment they can start when they consider other commitments they have and how long the process might take.

This is so on point. When completing something I'll always think of it in terms of when is the latest I can start it and still complete it. However, when I finally get around to it, my concentration and focus is unparalleled.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
excel meta-file for calendar/academic to-do list/longer-range things/etc + word colour-coded to-do table for more immediate things.

but more importantly, getting into the habit of checking it many times a day. I think almost any system would work if it's something constantly accessible and if it's actually used regularly.

actually doing stuff on my to-do list, that's another story. but this helps me remember it, at least.

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I bought a whiteboard. Probably the smartest thing I ever did.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I bought a whiteboard. Probably the smartest thing I ever did.

I have a chalkboard. But between to-do lists, random thoughts, invention ideas, assignment/test dates, quotes, and girlfriend graffiti scrambled all over the place, it may just add to confusion.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I hereby recommend all of you look at my signature and visit the link provided.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I make excellent schedules, yet to adhere to them is a task in itself.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
all my scheduling is mental and it's very open. for example, my standard Monday: morning is open so i can work on my car or do some studying, go to the gym sometime in the afternoon, and then school later at night. i schedule by chunks of the day. early morning, morning, late morning, noon, afternoon, late afternoon, and night. i then fill in what i can do in each part of the day, realistically. as long as each part of the day is filled in with something somewhat important, then i generally get stuff done.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I used to be organised, now I just mean well.

If I don’t write it down, I won’t remember, writing it down is no guarantee I’ll remember. I need an assistant.

I used to work like mlittrell suggests with blocking out chunks of time to dedicate to a specific task only I would write it down, refer above point, it’s kinda the only thing that works for me unless I'm under extreme time constraints, than it just stick at something till it’s done.

Unique

I'm a strong P so I usually don't have any form of "to-do" list etc its all up here *taps head* ;)