• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typealyzer types your blog

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Lol, I got ISFP, ISTJ, and ESFP several times depending on which page I linked to.

Edit: add ESTP to the list.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The other funny thing is that if you give it singular posts from a journal, it will give you a different type based on the nature of that one post.

Here's an example. This post of mine = ISFP:

For the past two nights, I decided to take a step out around 2:00am.
One of the benefits of being in a small and highly rural town is how vacant it gets.
In the middle of a weekend night, there is nobody(save an occasional trucker rolling around a corner), even in the summer.
It was cold the first night, so I put on my leather boots and cashmere dress-coat(all black of course) and buttoned tight.
All my public anxiety is because of people. During these night walks, I have no fear.
I took my time to be astute toward every-day objects. I stared at the traffic light for a few minutes. It's very different
when there are no cars and pedestrians around to distract you. It just sits there, silently ticking through it's colors
for nobody at all. Beyond that, I simply walked up the street islands and swung around the gas lights.
Those things are always taller than I remember.

The second night was much warmer, so I dressed lightly.
I proceeded to dance all about town, to and fro. The highlight was running up the middle of a road, yawing
back and fourth with hands out-stretched, making airplane noises. It was so liberating to act like a kid outside again.
I also strolled through the down-town strip and looked at some men's apparel through the window.
Is it me, or are Asian or partly Asian guys getting a lot more popular? There certainly were a lot of them on
those ridiculous boards. I love how the white guy was making this stupid, narrow eyed, furrowed eyebrow look.
The cheesiness of those things is boundless.

All things considered, it was a good experience. It's also convenient that I chose the nights that I did.
Because this night, it had rained "like a motherfucker", as they might say.

And when I linked to that post, ISFP was exactly the kind of type I was expecting.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Lucky coincidence I guess :cheese:

Got ISTJ and I recently got revelatified: I got a good big dose of Si up in my noggin'! =o!

I linked this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/blogs/skyward/772-behind-words.html

I'm thinking it could have been thrown off by all the extra words around it, links to other parts of MBTIc and such. I think it goes off of punctuation and spelling of the words and how long the sentences are. And what words are used.

It was an interesting idea at least :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know jack, the people you target for re-typing are so often INTPs that it makes me start to wonder if you have some kind of highlander complex. Do you want to be the only one?

My INFJ brother has that problem. He wants to be the strict definition of INFJ apparently.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol, I got ESTP. It's probably because all my "public" blog posts are "gee whiz look at this!!" type of stuff--the real meat is friends-only.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You know jack, the people you target for re-typing are so often INTPs that it makes me start to wonder if you have some kind of highlander complex. Do you want to be the only one?
I do, but that's beside the point. Being INTP just gives me a great idea of what an INTP is.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do, but that's beside the point. Being INTP just gives me a great idea of what an INTP is.

Well I'm INTP, so I should have a great idea of what an INTP is, and I say that not only am I an INTP, you are an INFP. I know these sorts of things, because I'm an INTP. :cheese:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well yeah, but if you're actually INFP, the whole situation's buggered from the get go.

But look at the label down there, it says I'm INTP, and I think it's right. Just like you must think your label is right. :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Heh, which post did you use?

I tried almost all of my longer posts, and I got INTP, INTJ, and ISTP.
The one I quoted and put in the OP of my function system thread. I was trying to type my post, but yours had more text, so I typed yours instead.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I entered every sizable paper I've written, and it said I was an ISTP like 4 time. Yeah, right. Then It said I was an ISFP. YEAH RIGHT! Then it put me as an INTP 12 times. At least they got the NT right.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just for shits and giggles, I deced to typealize my posts in the mistyped member thread. They nearly all came out INTP.

A couple INTJs, and one ISTP in there.

(I'm wondering what a person has to do to be considered an NF).

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Uhhm...

I kept typing some chapters I wrote. I kept getting ESFP. Did I break it?

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
The question here is: what proves that you are what type you are? Or not?

I know I am not an INFP because...

1. I like arguing and conflict to the point where I can't have an intimate relationship without it. I routinely get into nasty conflicts with people at INTPc, in fact I seem to be one of the more aggressive Ts there. Speaking of which, 5 minutes at INFPgc makes me wanna barf. Agreeing with people bores me to the point of insecurity. If I agree with someone I feel absolutely no connection to them--I just feel like there is nothing to talk about.

2. I spent the vast majority of my life trying to reason myself to a philosophical endpoint. This was all about logic. It was not one iota about gut feelings or love or anything. The 22nd year of my life was like one big existential crisis. I simply refused to resolve it with anything other than logic and the pursuit of truth.

3. I had an INFP roommate for 4 years, and the difference between him and I was obvious. In a very similar way, we were both spiritual seekers, but his approach dealt more with what I mentioned above--feelings, love, etc. He has recently strayed over toward Christianity. I was the more vocal and analytical of the 2 of us about it. I would constantly find myself facing paradoxes and fighting tooth and nail to resolve them logically. Whenever we talked about our very similar struggle, though, I felt that it never went anywhere because he always agreed with everything I said, and I felt like I would be insulting him if I disagreed with what he said. ALSO, and Jack's going to hate this, it was easy to tell the difference between my inferior Fe and his inferior Te. The telltale signs were blatantly obvious. I got into major conflict with each and every roommate of mine on occasion, but the INFP did not. Rather, he simply could not fulfill his duties as a roommate. No matter how much we hinted, he never cleaned up after himself, never did anything unless he was told--at which point he'd do it. If I had been told, and sometimes I was, I would react violently. It insulted me to realize that people thought they needed to tell me what to do, and I made sure they knew there was conflict.

I'm a textbook INTP. If you doubt that, you need to reassess your personality-typing abilities.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Define terms of processes and types.

Create a measuring system.

Define the point of intersection using that measuring system (I.E., where on the chart is someone officially S or N).

Give sufficient evidence of someone doing things assigned to particular processes to a large enough degree to place them within the space of a certain type.

There you go. That's the task of a typer. I've never seen anyone pull-off the whole thing. Leaves me skeptical.

[and it occurs to me that I didn't even mention the issue of context and representaitive samples.]

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I got a bunch of my writer friends to put their blogs/chapters through the typealyzer.

All of them got ESFP.

This thing is rigged.