• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Getting mentally 'stuck'

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I recently figured out that one of my main depressors is getting stuck somewhere between boredom and depression. Its where nothing in the outside world seems to do anything, its just kinda there ("So what?").

I'm never bored from lack of things to do, its just the will to do them. Could that be called depression I guess?

Mine seems to be more of an introversion getting the best of me. The best times I can remember are the 'Trippy' times when everything seems alright and going great.

During these times things just seem clearer, but during 'slum' episodes its like trying to see the fish swimming a really murky lake.

-For me I think these episodes are brought on by jealousy. I knew I was an INFJ for a while and then an idea crept into my mind: "All the INFJs I know have vivid imaginations... and the ones on the forums have a much stronger Fe...." This led a self-destructive train of thought that got me into a kind of murk.

Do other people experience things like this? (I'm looking at this from a type standpoint, I -know- there are other people somewhere that feel the same thing)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Was just gonna say that "boredom" is seldom true boredom. That flat feeling can be a mask for other feelings.