• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Romanticism and Type

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Are any of the types more prone to romanticism? Any why so?
Basically - being a romantic. In any aspect of life really, but probably more so in the relationship, career, and friendship subjects.
I'm curious of what people will have to say about this topic.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I'll think you'll find romantic tendencies most strongly characteristic of the introverted feeling type - INFP and ISFP, with INFP perhaps more so. Inroverted feeling does not require an external source of reference for validation, nor does it allow itself to be overridden by impersonal calculations of probability and material utility. This makes I*FP types particularly prone to hold on to their dreams regardless of setbacks, and so the Fi dominant types are probably the most srongly romantic by nature (although they may be be wary about expressing it directly than other romantically inclined types). I would guess that NFs in general would not be far behind

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, I wrote an essay on that.
That - romanticism (as a form of literature) appeals mostly to introverted feelers.
I knew INFP would be the major type people would point out - but I am curious about the other types. Those with Fi as not a dominate function.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INFJ in my opinion would have the ability to be the most "romantic" as you might stereotype it. INFPs with dominant Fi aren't exactly perceivers....

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ in my opinion would have the ability to be the most "romantic" as you might stereotype it. INFPs with dominant Fi aren't exactly perceivers....

Technically, the INFP would more likely be the religious fanatic.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting idea. So what's the reasoning?

Have you ever seen a preacher that wasn't ESTJ or some other delta quadra member? (Socionics: ESTj, INFj, ENFp, ISTp)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you ever seen a preacher that wasn't ESTJ or some other delta quadra member? (Socionics: ESTj, INFj, ENFp, ISTp)

My sister is (near enough to) a preacher and she is ENFJ. I'd say most of her church consists of EXXJs. I don't see very many introverts liking her church as it very "involved."

Anyway, I think INFx's are the most romantic, but ENFJs seem the most outwardly romantic. I'm a romantic through and through (even though I can be quite cynical if I am unsure due to life crushing my idealism many times). My INFP friends are just as romantic, but I think my feelings are deeper and more focused

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I suppose in the far recesses of my mind I still am but I'm currently too smacked around to not let my Te sit in the judgment seat. Once bitten, twice shy; I've been bit 5 times. My life growing up on the other hand helped me see the rest of life as just the interaction of greed and that it's best to deal with other people as such to start.

S

Sniffles

Romantic themes certainly do predmoninate among many famous INFJs, who not surprisingly were also active in the Romantic movement. Although interestingly enough they also had an uneasy relationship with the Enlightenment as well, which again was characteristic of Romanticism overall.

Goethe for example was highly active in the proto-Romantic Sturm und Drang movement, and his novels were influential on the Romantic movement - especially Sorrows of Young Werther and Faust.

Dostoevsky has been classified as a "Romantic realist".

I certainly would say that "Romantic realist" would be a good description of myself.

I'll add on more later.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am very romantic at heart, but I seem not to be able to accept so many romantic gestures from those that I do not know well. A part of it goes along the line of the 'once bitten, twice shy' bit, but it's also because I don't always realize what was going on until after the fact. :doh:

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Thinkers?

I ask because I think I am a romantic.

Is it common in thinkers? Or am I just a rare breed?

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Thinkers?

I ask because I think I am a romantic.

Is it common in thinkers? Or am I just a rare breed?

It depends upon your definition of romantic.

Everyone's definition is different. The classic romantic ideas seem related to Fi. I believe everyone has romantic notions of some sort.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I enjoy romanticism to a point, but I do have a weird notion of romanticism thought.