User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default Entrepreneurial Teams: MBTI Dataset

Hey,
    I'm currently writing my Master's thesis on Entrepreneurial Teams and would like to investigate how cognitive diversity in the founding team plays a factor in success. And to put it in more concrete terms, whether all 4 cognitive styles or 8 cognitive functions according to Jung have to be covered in order to be successful. Also, which styles and functions are perhaps more important than others. (The literature says, for example, that ENTPs are the best CEOs and that intuitive thinking is the most important of the 4 styles for founding).

Now I was advised by the university to actively analyse data and not just do a literature review. But I'm wondering how I can get MBTI results from successful founding teams. The sample would have to include roughly 300 teams, which is absurdly large.

Does anyone know if there is already a large data set with founding teams somewhere or a creative way to get that much data? I probably won't be able to deduce the type from LinkedIn profiles or similar?

Thanks for listening and I appreciate any advice.

Regards,
    Momentum

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

👁👄👁
    4w5-7w6-1w9
    rebel moral
    astro

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Momentum View Post
    (The literature says, for example, that ENTPs are the best CEOs and that intuitive thinking is the most important of the 4 styles for founding).
    What literature said this?

You'll likely have to track down founding teams and startups and make them all take an inventory. You should make them take the Big 5 as well. You can track down local teams by using the angellist.com or angel.co for your area.