• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Entrepreneurial Teams: MBTI Dataset

Momentum

MBTI Type
INTP
Hey,
I'm currently writing my Master's thesis on Entrepreneurial Teams and would like to investigate how cognitive diversity in the founding team plays a factor in success. And to put it in more concrete terms, whether all 4 cognitive styles or 8 cognitive functions according to Jung have to be covered in order to be successful. Also, which styles and functions are perhaps more important than others. (The literature says, for example, that ENTPs are the best CEOs and that intuitive thinking is the most important of the 4 styles for founding).

Now I was advised by the university to actively analyse data and not just do a literature review. But I'm wondering how I can get MBTI results from successful founding teams. The sample would have to include roughly 300 teams, which is absurdly large.

Does anyone know if there is already a large data set with founding teams somewhere or a creative way to get that much data? I probably won't be able to deduce the type from LinkedIn profiles or similar?

Thanks for listening and I appreciate any advice.

Regards,
Momentum

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
👁👄👁

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
(The literature says, for example, that ENTPs are the best CEOs and that intuitive thinking is the most important of the 4 styles for founding).

What literature said this?

You'll likely have to track down founding teams and startups and make them all take an inventory. You should make them take the Big 5 as well. You can track down local teams by using the angellist.com or angel.co for your area.