• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Xtreme INTs.......?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
For those of you that test about 80%+ I, 80%+ N, and 80%+ T... do you feel a significant disconnect in identifying with the more moderate INTs?

Do you identify more with different MBTI types that have a strong N compared to INTs with low/moderate function preference?

And for people with low/moderate INT, how well do you identify with strong INTs? Where is the disconnect?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know if I am as extreme as 80%.
I probably used to be.
I think anyone who is extreme is harder to relate to than someone who is moderate,
generally speaking. :newwink:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
As a moderate INTx, I don't really identify with strong INTx types.

Then again, I don't really identify with anybody, so this may be a moot point.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Yes and no, it depends on the person and on his interests.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
For those of you that test about 80%+ I, 80%+ N, and 80%+ T... do you feel a significant disconnect in identifying with the more moderate INTs?

Do you identify more with different MBTI types that have a strong N compared to INTs with low/moderate function preference?

And for people with low/moderate INT, how well do you identify with strong INTs? Where is the disconnect?

1. If you are very INT you actually don't connect with people. But if I want to talk with somebody, moderate INTs are actually very good choice since they have a chance to actually understand what I am saying.
But interests play a role here.

2. I think that there are so many variables that I can't give a direct answer.

In a few days I will open a thread about living a life as a very INT.
Maybe you will find more answers there.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1. If you are very INT you actually don't connect with people. But if I want to talk with somebody, moderate INTs are actually very good choice since they have a chance to actually understand what I am saying.
But interests play a role here.

2. I think that there are so many variables that I can't give a direct answer.

In a few days I will open a thread about living a life as a very INT.
Maybe you will find more answers there.

Please, just don't make it emo.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
int^ number:= 80/100;

I cant relate to things like 80% I or N or T. All capital letters describe opposites from my point of view and there is no method of using them to a certain intensity, to me they are boolean.

What you can relate to intensity is their use within function distribution, if something like this exists. You can be extroverted and have introverted tendencies, but your reasoning style can not be to some degree extro- or introverted, I think this to be wishful thinking.

S and N are probably the best opposites, like you can either concentrate on the object or the relations the object is moved by. The thing is, if you start mixing S and N you will get a system and loose track of the object. Therefore in my opinion you will enter function distribution.

So in my opinion, there is just I or E, just T or F...

But there can be things like "he uses Introverted Thinking, like 80% of the time, to process information"

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Is it your assertion that an 'extreme' INTP and an extreme INTJ will have more in common than moderate examples of the same type?

Do you disregard function theory then?

The only thing I have noticed is that I probably relate best to Ne dom/secondary, irrespective of their position on the continuum.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a very strong N (probably 95% +, I test as 100% N haha), but a moderate I and T. I'd say I relate well to strong INT types, once I get them to talk ;)

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
I, N 100%, only my T keeps me out of it (only 12%).

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I test high on all the letters but consider myself a mature balanced mellow INTJ since I have developed pretty good use of all the cognitive functions over the years. I find immature INTXs much more extreme than myself no matter how strong their preferences are. So I don't think the strength of preferences makes someone extreme, I think the lack of use of the other functions makes someone extreme.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Is it your assertion that an 'extreme' INTP and an extreme INTJ will have more in common than moderate examples of the same type?

Do you disregard function theory then?

The only thing I have noticed is that I probably relate best to Ne doms, irrespective of their position on the continuum.

I've found I relate well to strong intuiters, especially Ne's.

It's not so much moderate INTPs but INTPs with low function preferences that I see a real disconnect with. For example, I have an INTP friend with low preferences, like 10%-30% for all of them, and I relate 10x better to an INTJ friend who tests as a strong IN, and he's a major J.