• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unpopular Extroverts

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Amen.

And this makes me so fucking sad, why do so many people hate on other people?!?!?!

I admire those who exhibit positive qualities that I, myself, do not have.

yeah it's like when someone has a photo of themselves for their avatar - if the person is doing some funny expression or dressed in a stupid costume or something nobody has a problem with it, but woe betide you if you happen to be good looking - you'll be told you put your photo there to be egotistical and show off and all that kind of crap. While if you weren't good looking, people would say it was nice that you gave your posts the personal touch, etc.

It's amazing how jealousy can create all sorts of bullshit reasons for even the most sincere, innocent or benevolent behaviour.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These people may have friends, I guess, but, ugh, in my and and I believe most people's books, they are just plain wretched.

People make friends in the first place because they're insecure.

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am not trying to insult your intelligence when I state that nobody, and I do mean nobody, likes a loud-mouthed, socially-inept and self-absorbed extrovert.

These people may have friends, I guess, but, ugh, in my and and I believe most people's books, they are just plain wretched.

That would be me..to a T. I hardly think I am "wretched"! :shock:

I am actuall quite fun if you get to know me!

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Unpopular extroverts...

It's all your fault...
Not I'm not...
Ooo better do something about that...
Whaddya mean unpopular?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
yeah it's like when someone has a photo of themselves for their avatar - if the person is doing some funny expression or dressed in a stupid costume or something nobody has a problem with it, but woe betide you if you happen to be good looking - you'll be told you put your photo there to be egotistical and show off and all that kind of crap. While if you weren't good looking, people would say it was nice that you gave your posts the personal touch, etc.

It's amazing how jealousy can create all sorts of bullshit reasons for even the most sincere, innocent or benevolent behaviour.
Amen.

Amen.

Amen!!!

People make friends in the first place because they're insecure.
People make friends in order to attempt to connect with one and other and to bridge the existential chasms that lie between us.

We make friends to feel less alone.

That would be me..to a T. I hardly think I am "wretched"! :shock:

I am actuall quite fun if you get to know me!
Lol, you really think you are socially-inept and self-absorbed?

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
:yes: definitly socially inept! But self-absorbed..probably not..I always care about other peoples feelings and shit and smother them half to death with worry! LMAO! I am a total dork!:doh:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very nice discussion! I like it...

Okay, now about the friend factor.

What do Extraverts do when they can't find other people to bond with, when they are universally disliked? They may end up all alone, so then could they be mistaken for extreme Introverts, if you wrongly assume that they want to be alone? Or is it hard to "hide" an Extrovert?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People make friends in order to attempt to connect with one and other and to bridge the existential chasms that lie between us.

We make friends to feel less alone.

Because people are insecure.

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP

What do Extraverts do when they can't find other people to bond with, when they are universally disliked? They may end up all alone, so then could they be mistaken for extreme Introverts, if you wrongly assume that they want to be alone? Or is it hard to "hide" an Extrovert?

I have no good answer for this but its a damn good question!!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

IME, they become cynical with the world, and feel miserable, their self-esteem takes a plunge and they may surf the web in search of a connection;)
You may mistake one for an introvert for a while, but if you take an effort to get to know them, their extrovertedness should show up almost immediately.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Back to charisma.

Extraversion and charisma are not the same category of thing. Extraversion is how you deal with the world. Charisma is a quality ascribed to you by other people. One attributes charisma to someone who alone or in a group makes them feel special, understood or important. Someone who can make many people in a group feel this way at the same time has charisma.

Someone who can make everyone in a country feel special, understood and important has Obisma.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You may mistake one for an introvert for a while, but if you take an effort to get to know them, their extrovertedness should show up almost immediately.
That's kind of what I was thinking. It's just such a weird concept to me...that E-factor. Some of my best friends were like this growing up, being basically disliked by everybody, except me. I think they're cool. Anyway, I guess that's what I'm trying to gauge here.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Just goofing on the trend to incorporate part of BO's name into other words. constantly.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's kind of what I was thinking. It's just such a weird concept to me...that E-factor. Some of my best friends were like this growing up, being basically disliked by everybody, except me. I think they're cool. Anyway, I guess that's what I'm trying to gauge here.

Ask away, your questions make me analyze my own past and problems with this, which allows me to be detached enough to see the bigger picture :)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I think it's extremely difficult to hide being an extrovert... I've got the perfect example. I know a guy called Dan... We went to school together a few years ago. He talks all the time. The guy just can't shut up. He can talk about the weather for two hours in a row! I've seen papers on that he suffers from MBD among other things... A few other things that makes him unpopular is the fact that he is pretty stupid... I don't think he'd ever score more than 80 on an IQ (or EQ) test. He also tell people that they are ugly and stuff like that to their face, like "you've gained a few pounds", "you are looking awfully chubby today, miss"... And he wasn't joking around or anything... He even said stuff like that to teachers!
Back to the stupid part... We went to a high school program focused on electronics... He didn't fit in. After a few months not coping with anything, he reportedly tried to change all his courses to like philosophy and stuff... And he still wanted to graduate as a technician! :shock:

Because people are insecure.

No, this is just because we're weird, man. :D

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?

He should take some Peptobama Bismol.

Just goofing on the trend to incorporate part of BO's name into other words. constantly.

It must suck when you're initials are BO....

:D

I'd imagine nothing would suck worse than being an extrovert who has made themselves extremely unpopular. They'd probably turn to the internet. I wasn't unpopular, but back in high school when I didn't know anyone I could relate to, I found myself on the internet more.