• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type each other's artwork...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's the deal, I was inspired by Proteanmix's typing of paintings, so I decided to create this. What I want to do is have us look at each other's artwork (if you should choose to post it) and determine if it's true to our type. I'll start:

me3.jpg

"Our Galaxy"

100_0846.jpg

"Blitzkrieg"

100_0848.jpg

"Search and Rescue"

So, based on my artwork, could you determine what you think my type is and the type of the artwork?

Ignore the INTJ on the side of the screen, what would you say?

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
INTx, possibly INTP.

Here are two of mine, one six and the other seven years old.

htb_d1.jpg

htb_d2.jpg

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A juggling sea otter character for a circus:

scuttleres.jpg

The Rain Man...also a character for the same circus:

rainmanres.jpg

This is the general style I draw in as of late. Done in coloured pencil.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
How quickly do you work, htb?
Both of those went, respective to the medium and my methods, fairly quickly. Compared to the speed at which I painted just a year or two before then, in the blink of an eye. The painting, 16" x 20", was completed in under twelve hours; the first five or so with a live model. The sketch was fifteen minutes, I think, and I longed for the three-quarter-hour poses held in an artist's anatomy class.

I would consider myself slow and unnatural. Before I knew what MBTI was I noticed how the more talented of my SP classmates, particularly my freshman roommate, had an ability to accurately substantiate whatever was on their mind -- an ability I lacked.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTx, possibly INTP.

Here are two of mine, one six and the other seven years old.

htb_d1.jpg

htb_d2.jpg

The top one seems to be ENTJ, to me, for some reason, I don't know why -- maybe because of intensity.

The bottom one seems more INFP.

Entropy

MBTI Type
INTP
Two of mine. Apparently I don't like to draw legs.
marionettovs5.jpg

saviorneedssavingwd8.jpg

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Two of mine. Apparently I don't like to draw legs.
marionettovs5.jpg

saviorneedssavingwd8.jpg

I like the second one a lot, the first one is well drawn too, but the meaning is not clear to me.

Now according to my limited understanding of MBTI I would say that they show a mixture of Fi and Ni, so maybe INTJ

Last edited:

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Kyrielle, I dig your work. :)

Here's a couple of mine from '95 or so.

Dolphins in Metaspace
Each side of both implied cubes connects to the opposite side of the other cube, so the two cubes define a continuous, repeating 3D checkerboard space (and yes, I dig Escher).

metdolph.JPG

Internet Blues
This was for some online challenge. You were supposed to create an image depicting "The Internet" without using any of the cliches like a globe covered with a network of glowing lines.

Netblues.JPG

Now tell me I'm not an NT. I dare ya'. ;)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Internet Blues
This was for some online challenge. You were supposed to create an image depicting "The Internet" without using any of the cliches like a globe covered with a network of glowing lines.

Netblues.JPG

Now tell me I'm not an NT. I dare ya'. ;)
Yes, Martoony, you are about as INTP as they come. :coffee:

It's cool to see this pic again. It is one of the most striking metaphors for the internet i can think of. It captures the anonymity and the intimacy. People reveal such deep things about themselves, but are still perceived as fragments of a person. Also, it is typical for people to stereotype each other online, to see others as a projection of themselves, so the lack of detail in the human images is spot on. The degree of emotion you convey simply in the posturing of these stereotyped human forms is what is so striking.

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP
Both of those went, respective to the medium and my methods, fairly quickly. Compared to the speed at which I painted just a year or two before then, in the blink of an eye. The painting, 16" x 20", was completed in under twelve hours; the first five or so with a live model. The sketch was fifteen minutes, I think, and I longed for the three-quarter-hour poses held in an artist's anatomy class.

I would consider myself slow and unnatural. Before I knew what MBTI was I noticed how the more talented of my SP classmates, particularly my freshman roommate, had an ability to accurately substantiate whatever was on their mind -- an ability I lacked.

I had the sneaking suspicion you naturally took your time with your images. :D

I like your linework.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A couple of my neverending series of unfinished pictures. ISTP-ish?

falcon.jpg

skull.jpg

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Wow, there are some really talented people here. I can't even draw a line without a ruler. :(

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Your stuff reminded me of a baby version of this guy I saw at a festival I was thinking of entering:

Here ya go.

Thank you for that. I don't think I've seen this guy before, but his work is wonderfully strange and funny.

Martoon, what programs did you use? I've always wondered how people make 3D computer art like that.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I had the sneaking suspicion you naturally took your time with your images. I like your linework.
My saving grace is an affinity for deadlines. Or is it a curse?

Thank you.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Random, weren't you an INTP before?
Yep...I've done some more research and come to a vague conclusion that I'm more ISTP-ish. I reserve the right to change my mind again, as I usually do every 5 minutes. :yes: