• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you dislike your personality?

Which option fits you best?

• I am an ISF_ and I like my personality

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I am an ISF_ and I dislike my personality

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I am an ESF_ and I like my personality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an ESF_ and I dislike my personality

• I am an IST_ and I like my personality

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I am an IST_ and I dislike my personality

• I am an EST_ and I like my personality

• I am an EST_ and I dislike my personality

• I am an IN_P and I like my personality

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I am an IN_P and I dislike my personality

Votes: 16 13.3%
  • I am an EN_P and I like my personality

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • I am an EN_P and I dislike my personality

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I am an IN_J and I like my personality

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I am an IN_J and I dislike my personality

• I am an EN_J and I like my personality

• I don't know my MBTI type and I like my personality

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I don't know my MBTItype and I dislike my personality

• I am an EN_J and I dislike my personality

• Total voters

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
am I like to dislike myself but not my personality? I like being an INFP, I just don't think I'm a good one.(ie I give INFPs a bad rep)

I don't know about that last bit, but you do come across as more ENFP to me. That's alright, though, as I generally like ENFP's. :) Are you SURE about that I at the start?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I fucking LOVE my personality. The anxiety's meh, but the rest is a fucking blast.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm somewhat convinced that my personality will someday be the end of me- I'm idiotically friendly towards strangers and tend to make bad decisions wondering "what's the worst that could happen?" It wears me out and leaves me wondering if there's any of me left to identify with at the end of the day. I can lose friends and alienate people like none other if I don't reign myself in and am prone to excess.

However, I can't imagine being any other way. My curiosity and recklessness are a part of me and I wouldn't know half of what I do, or understand a quarter of it if I didn't have the personality that I do. It may be a bitch, but it's my bitch and I've come to love it by now! :)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
It isn't perfect so I don't like it :newwink:

But besides the self consciousness and bouts of self doubt its great!

I don't know my type because I can sense most of the functions working (I say I'm somewhere between ISTJ and ENFP :D -- ISTP with a strong N mebbe?)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Dont tell me about people, who "cant change things and so they live with it", I dread em :D

No no, I don't mean surrendering to the world. I am who I am and I have to deal with it as long as I live (and even longer than that, some people keep telling me).. So, I make my world adjust to my "self" and not the other way around :) It sucks that all of you other people live in my world, though, but hey, it's not me to blame it is my personality that keeps telling me to change it.

(Oh, and I am not schizophrenic)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No no, I don't mean surrendering to the world. I am who I am and I have to deal with it as long as I live (and even longer than that, some people keep telling me).. So, I make my world adjust to my "self" and not the other way around :) It sucks that all of you other people live in my world, though, but hey, it's not me to blame it is my personality that keeps telling me to change it.

(Oh, and I am not schizophrenic)

*bows down* I got the compliment :D. I'll take the coach and have a beer, playing some guitar hero. You wont even notice that I am here :D

S

Sniffles

Sure there's plenty of things about my personality I hate, but overall I tend to like my personality. The older I get, the more accepting I become towards my innumerable idiosyncrasies.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
*bows down* I got the compliment :D. I'll take the coach and have a beer, playing some guitar hero. You wont even notice that I am here :D

Ok, that's fine by me. Just don't leave the dirty underwear lying around.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm with Edahn. I frickin love my personality. It's other people who don't. Everyonce in a while I want a short break from myself.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I like and dislike aspects like I imagine every one does.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
The last thing I have any interest in changing about myself is my personality!

Whether I'm happy or unhappy, I've never wanted to actually be anyone else, or really to even be like them...
Ditto. I've got this personality broken in, I wouldn't want another one.

ygolo

My termites win
I wanted to make clear that I am not asking if you like your MBTI type or not. But your personality in general.

I realize many people don't read the OP, so they probably just answered assuming I was asking if you liked being an INTP or what not.

How many would change their answer with this change in interpretation? I would think if you answered that "I would dislike my personality no matter which type I was," falls under I dislike my personality.

redacted

This poll is meant as a companion to:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...rices/10946-hypotheses-self-dislike-type.html

Not I am not asking if you are happy, if you like you body, if you like your life, or even if you like your MBTI type, but whether or not you like your personality (as you conceive of "personality").

I like my personality, but many traits I have are gifts as well as curses. My tendency to step back and look for themes is great in terms of coming to understanding, but I pay for it by sacrificing the pleasure of the moment. My extreme empathy is great for connecting with people, but it makes me scared to do what I want to do out of fear of causing pain to others or fear that others will judge me harshly.

All in all, my Se has no chance, as it is both suppressed by Ni and Fe. Sucks.

P.S. I voted for IN_J and dislike, but that was a mistake. I would have put IN_J and like.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I wanted to make clear that I am not asking if you like your MBTI type or not. But your personality in general.

I realize many people don't read the OP, so they probably just answered assuming I was asking if you liked being an INTP or what not.

How many would change their answer with this change in interpretation? I would think if you answered that "I would dislike my personality no matter which type I was," falls under I dislike my personality.

Guess that means me. Pardon my inability to comprehend what I read.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know how to vote, but now I do.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you like your personality?

Sure there's plenty of things about my personality I hate, but overall I tend to like my personality. The older I get, the more accepting I become towards my innumerable idiosyncrasies.

Being me is somewhat chaotic at times, though I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it; but I agree with Peguy that as I get older, the more accepting I am of myself as a whole. For one thing, I think I have a better view of who I am than I did, say, in my 20s, 30s or even 40s. The more I learn, the more tools I use for discovery (MBTI, Enneagram, etc.), the more integrated I seem, the more I feel I fit who I am as I see myself. For years I tried to make sense of myself only in terms of the bipolar disorder, but despite extensive research on the subject, it always seemed an incomplete explanation of my eccentricities, bumps and warts. Further exploration has led not only to a more complete understanding but an ability to value my personality as I see it today.

So, yeah, I like my personality.