• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you dislike your personality?

Which option fits you best?

• I am an ISF_ and I like my personality

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I am an ISF_ and I dislike my personality

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I am an ESF_ and I like my personality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an ESF_ and I dislike my personality

• I am an IST_ and I like my personality

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I am an IST_ and I dislike my personality

• I am an EST_ and I like my personality

• I am an EST_ and I dislike my personality

• I am an IN_P and I like my personality

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I am an IN_P and I dislike my personality

Votes: 16 13.3%
  • I am an EN_P and I like my personality

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • I am an EN_P and I dislike my personality

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I am an IN_J and I like my personality

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I am an IN_J and I dislike my personality

• I am an EN_J and I like my personality

• I don't know my MBTI type and I like my personality

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I don't know my MBTItype and I dislike my personality

• I am an EN_J and I dislike my personality

• Total voters

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
When I graduated, the orator told us that we should be hopeful, thoughtful, hungry for more knowledge, willing to bend, and strong. ENFPs embody these things. It was a eureka moment, and for a while I was beginning to think that such behavior was a downfall instead of a strength.

G

garbage

It took me a while to completely understand myself, but I like mine a lot. I'm always searching for balance and well-roundedness, though, so I recognize that there are things that I strive to improve about myself.

I seem to connect best to people who I feel can help me with those traits that I don't have, such as picking up social cues (ENFJ friend) and savoring the moment (ESTP friend). Likewise, I really want to help them find their place, recognize their strengths, and learn from me as well. That is the aspect of my personality that I like the most.. that I want to improve myself and help others at the same time.

(That's not to say that I'm completely utilitarian when it comes to other people--I just seem to connect to others "through the head" first, and the emotional bond comes next.)

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Hm, interesting to see that INxJ and INxPs like their personality best.

Personally, I do. I guess it helps much when you try to make your weaknesses your strenghts and also when you change something about yourself whenever you are unhappy.

I'm curious to see how the poll will look in the "end".

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I hate it with all my heart.

The things it makes me do :cry:
oh the terrible things !:D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jury's still out on that one

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Jury's still out on that one

I will tell you something.

Make sure that it turns out that you like your personality.
If you take much time to solve this one and in the end it turn out that you don't like yourself, you lose two battles at once.

I am not talking from experiance but from position of common sense.
If you don't like some part that much it is likely that others don't like it much either. Since you are people person after all. So it should not be that hard to get rid of that part.

Unless you don't know what you actually want.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will tell you something.

Make sure that it turns out that you like your personality.
If you take much time to solve this one and in the end it turn out that you don't like yourself you lose two battles at once.

I am not talking from experiance but from position of common sense.
If you don't like some part that much it is likely that others don't like it much ither. Since you are people person after all. So it should not be that hard to get rid of that part.

Unless you don't know what you actually want.

Working on it, but thnx :)
Also was semi-joking..guess I should've put in an emoticon.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll make you a deal:

I'll develop more J, if you develop more P ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ahh but you assumed it was tied in with decisiveness=> J
Hence, I suggest a barter: You get some of my P and I get some of your J ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ahh but you assumed it was tied in with decisiveness=> J
Hence, I suggest a barter: You get some of my P and I get some of your J ;)

I was only talking about something that come infront of me not so long ago.

This to be exact

I am curious. Do you really want to change your P or you just think it is a good idea?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was only talking about something that come infront of me not so long ago.

This to be exact

I am curious. Do you really want to change your P or you just think it is a good idea?

I'm trying to find a way to work out the kinks in my P, I guess *grin*
It's a project I enjoy..but never seem to succeed at :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I'm trying to find a way to work out the kinks in my P, I guess *grin*
It's a project I enjoy..but never seem to succeed at :)

That is why I asked. In a way that was a trick question.

Yes, you are trying and trying and you enjoy it is way. But you are not trully interested in solving this one.

Also you have opened a thread about it exactly where no one can really help you, but where someone can relate to you.
This would not mean much if you have a thread just for NFs and a thread for everyone else. But you have only thread for NFs as far as I know.

Even the fact that you are posting winks and jokes to me here are also indicatior if this. I think you have some rethinking to do.

I was playing my cards in a way that I look more playful but I wasn't joking.
(to be honest)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Today I can't stand my personality. Most days I am fine, it's others who don't get/like me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That is why I asked. In a way that was a trick question.

Yes, you are trying and trying and you enjoy it is way. But you are not trully interested in solving this one.

Also you have opened a thread about it exactly where no one can really help you, but where someone can relate to you.
This would not mean much if you have a thread just for NFs and a thread for everyone else. But you have only thread for NFs as far as I know.

Even the fact that you are posting winks and jokes to me here are also indicatior if this. I think you have some rethinking to do.

I was playing my cards in a way that I look more playful but I wasn't joking.
(to be honest)

The reason I did post that thread there, was because I'm not looking to change who I am, but actually working with what I have. And I figured that out of all the NFP's here, there are bound to be some people who understand what it is like and have somehow found a way to deal with it...which turned out to be right ;) I wanted to hear from them, as it was a lot more likely that they would deal with it in a way that would be compatible for me as well. (we should stop derailing this thread, but feel free to PM me, if you wanna add something else :))

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The reason I did post that thread there, was because I'm not looking to change who I am, but actually working with what I have. And I figured that out of all the NFP's here, there are bound to be some people who understand what it is like and have somehow found a way to deal with it...which turned out to be right ;) I wanted to hear from them, as it was a lot more likely that they would deal with it in a way that would be compatible for me as well. (we should stop derailing this thread, but feel free to PM me, if you wanna add something else :))

I just wanted to show you the entire thing from a different angle.
I know exactly why you posted it there (I can read).
What I am tring to show you is that you don't want to change yourself and you want to balance your P. What is in a way impossible.
I am only trying to show you why you fail at this over and over again, at least that is what you claim.

My job here is done.