• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Paintings

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
New batch. Feel free to disagree with me and tell me why. :)

No particular order:
Paul Cadmus
Steve Hawley
Arthur F. Mathews
James Jacques Tissot

ESTJ
1978.76.1_1b.jpg

ESTP
mw00932.jpg

ENJ
1987.8_1b.jpg

ESFP
1982.126_1b.jpg

Last edited:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I definitely agree with you on all of those!

Although maybe the bottom one is ISFP. Of course, I'm looking at the woman in the pink dress on the right -- maybe it's the sense of independence she has from the people who are close together.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I definitely agree with you on all of those!

Although maybe the bottom one is ISFP. Of course, I'm looking at the woman in the pink dress on the right -- maybe it's the sense of independence she has from the people who are close together.

Yes I initially thought ISFP, but then I thought that the focus on the painting was movement filtered through feeling, SeFi. It has that dreamy Fi quality to it, I think.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Do you guys think S-s make more photorealistic artwork?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you guys think S-s make more photorealistic artwork?

I do. I also think they'd be prone to creating works involving patterns, textures, and in general works that involve being physicially involved with the piece (like sculptures and installations). But I can't be sure. What do you think Shimpei?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
bump

I've been meaning to type this painting for a while and was reminded while surfing the Smithsonian website. I think this is a fairly famous painting.

Elizabeth Winthrop Chanler, painter John Singer Sargent

1980.71_1b.jpg

Her gaze is intimidatingly direct and intense, but she seems restrained and controlled. I'm thinking either FP or TJ (a little more FP).

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
These are incredible. Thanks for sharing.

The woman in the above painting is mesmerising.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I thought paranoia was more of a radically Intuitive trait.

I said SJ because the painting seems to depict something relatively ordinary and to me, it's rather uninteresting and boring -- much like most SJs I've come into contact with.

Not at all. Inferior intuition can be extremely paranoid, and often manifests inself in the form of nightmares.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not very good at interpreting paintings or explaining myself, so bear with me.

What makes me think ISTJ (although I'm completely open to other opinions) is that this painting feels paranoid to me, like Si gone bad. A man is peering over his shoulder at the viewer. You can't see his eyes and his expression is disapproving and he's the only person's face you see completely. Everyone else's face is in profile or obscured. The woman with the magazine covering her face is anonymous. The people in this painting all seem interchangeable to me, like just faces in the crowd. The lady in stall 117 is clutching the guys elbow like she's holding on to something (Si). I noticed the vibrant reds and oranges on each person in the stalls but the color scheme seems monochromatic. This suggests to me that this painting needs such brilliant color to shake it loose of its banality. Everyone's body language is downcast and sullen. The whole painting feels like the aftermath of society gone wrong and these are ragged survivors. They're even in a waiting room with numbered stalls. How bureaucratic is that?!

I think that's an excellent analysis (of course, I'm no art critic...whatever)
There's so much emphasis what *can't be seen*