• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Least idiosyncratic types?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I guess my type can't be the least idiosyncratic, but I'd guess it's near. I'm not sure. (I've another thread where I contradict myself; I'm not sure, which is why I ask. I guess it's complicated. I feel like being easily odd as well as usual.)

Which types seem the least idiosyncratic to you?

I'd guess EJs, with Ts and Ss less idiosyncratic than Fs and Ns.

Background story..
Looking back, I see how I've given in to insisting people to understand what I know for true; rather, I've conformed for the most part, meeting the society's expectations for usual things. Has it been because of age or recovery from burnout, enabling me to participate more in the society? Before, I found much joy in confusing the people and doing things the odd way. I still do things my own way, but I divert attention away from my nonstandard way of doing things. I guess it's practicality, considering the numbers of average people around us.

I'm thinking how this conformity corresponds to my altered cognitive function usage.

I'm hypothesizing it's much because of increased use of Te and Se. Te looks for what works; if some some practice is distasteful to me on theoretical grounds, but I find it inefficient to fight against it, I just might go along with it. I provide an easy interface for people, something they can understand, rather than be the complex person I would be in my natural style.

I'm not sure what has lead the change; altered cognitive function usage (return to my pre-burnout condition), or age.

Se gets me to notice everything that is. Someone has feelings. There's money in my pocket. Train leaves at 5:12pm. I guess my (per MBTI, theoretically tertiary) Se helps me to observe what is, as opposed to saying "they shouldn't be".. which I guess is a Fi/Ti function usage.

I guess Ni gives me a focused intuitive, personal view to serve my practical Te processes.

All of this might explain why I don't practice many idiosyncratic traits anymore. Then again, my subjective, continuous, personal and intuitive process Ni maintains that I'd be quite odd, idiosyncratic man should I not provide the "easy-to-use" interface, "compatibility mode" or "real-world interaction mode" of Te and Se.

wolfy

awsm
The most idiosyncratic type is the opposite to the most common type.
What is the most common type?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
According to this, ISTJ is the most common personality with a share of 11-14% of those measured. There are different ideas of what makes the opposite type: changing letters, it's ENFP.

Changing Si-Te-Fi-Ne to Ni-Fe-Ti-Se, which is opposite according to some (Jennifer?), gets INFJ, which is indeed the rarest type by percentage in the US population.

Runner-ups for the most rare type: INTJ with 2-4%, ENTP, ENFP and ENTJ with 2-5%.

Judging by rarity might not suffice. That's with the assumption of all the types being equally normal and idiosyncratic per se; all the peculiar traits would come from rarity. I don't find this believable all.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
SJ's are the least idiosyncratic- yawn- so boring, lol.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I disagree whether there are common types since Myers-Briggs polled a very small group at a private college, if I recall. More importantly there is no indication that the results were based on a type’s dominant cognitive function, instead using mere dichotomies. Here is the problem with that. When you say there are an ex amount E/Is in a particular population, what are you implying specifically since there are four cognitive functions to be considered (I=Fi,Ti,Ni,Si) (E=Fe,Te,Ne,Se). Saying there are less introverts or extraverts in general, is a contradiction if introverted sensing or extraverted sensing types make up the greatest proportion of type. You cannot base type population by mere dichotomies.

As for the inquiry, idiosyncratic is a behavior so has no bearing on a particular type. Idiosyncrasy also can be considered in the eye of the beholder. A love for certain types of self expression in art may be unacceptable in certain cultures.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ's perhaps? not that I have any backup on that...this answer just came to me and feels right lol ;)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFJ. They're the most sociable type.