• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] deleted

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't want to give too much info as he uses this site so I will try to keep it brief.

That's probably already a problem. I know if I would become more stressed if someone else would try to represent my problems, because I would then have to fight between (1) wanting to clarify any wrong nuances in the person's description of "my issues" vs (2) just wanting to pull back further and divorce myself entirely. It's like a no-win situation. I wouldn't be asking questions in public at a place he frequents and/or I would target specific individuals for advice in private.

ASide from that, it depends on how much progress he has made on the issues that were plaguing him. If he has been just trying to wall himself off from them (maybe if he doesn't know how to resolve him), then he'll still be stressed and revisiting will just be stress; then again, walling things off isn't a great approach long-term for some things either. But that is something a person needs time to grow into.

Meanwhile, basically you can ask about it but not pry. I would approach it more casually, then follow up on any conversational threads he leaves open. People even of same types are different, so what is okay with one person might not be okay with another, and people also grow and change but often need time to build trust so the more he trusts you over time to not judge him, tell him what to do, or try to force information out of him, then the more he might contribute over time. I'm not saying whether this is the way things should be or not, simply it's likely this is where things are at the moment. So you'll have to play it by ear and also determine what works for you and what doesn't, since both people have needs in a relationship.