• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP vs. ESFP

Desert_Dweller

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hey y'all,
As I've mentioned, I'm having trouble determining my MBTI type. I think I'm definitely an EFP, the question is whether I'm N or S. Based on the descriptions I've looked at, I kind of identify with elements of both. I guess the key questions I have are:
1. Does being an ESFP preclude getting lost in thought, daydreaming about the future, or going "deer in the headlights" in a crisis. If so, I think I'd be ENFP
2. Can you be an ENFP and still have a fairly physically-oriented/down-to-earth mindset? I study a lot of philosophy in school, and I can't understand abstract metaphysical ideas for the life of me without concrete, real-world examples. I'm also able to sort of corral my over-active imagination into focusing on realistic possibilities, and despite being Enneagram 7 I find it hard to "escape into my mental fantasy land" when presented with constant sensory stimuli, even if it's unpleasant and I wish I could escape. If not, then I think I' d be ESFP.
Any input is appreciated

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hey y'all,
As I've mentioned, I'm having trouble determining my MBTI type. I think I'm definitely an EFP, the question is whether I'm N or S. Based on the descriptions I've looked at, I kind of identify with elements of both. I guess the key questions I have are:
1. Does being an ESFP preclude getting lost in thought, daydreaming about the future, or going "deer in the headlights" in a crisis. If so, I think I'd be ENFP
2. Can you be an ENFP and still have a fairly physically-oriented/down-to-earth mindset? I study a lot of philosophy in school, and I can't understand abstract metaphysical ideas for the life of me without concrete, real-world examples. I'm also able to sort of corral my over-active imagination into focusing on realistic possibilities, and despite being Enneagram 7 I find it hard to "escape into my mental fantasy land" when presented with constant sensory stimuli, even if it's unpleasant and I wish I could escape. If not, then I think I' d be ESFP.
Any input is appreciated

Question for you, how much of an understanding do you feel, you have over your Fi? About your identity, who you are on a deeper level, what’s important to you, etc. Now, how do you go about exploring that Fi? What do your methods tend to resort to, as a means for better diving in, internally, to get to better understand yourself? To challenge yourself, to test your limits, beliefs, understanding of yourself?

I have a few ESFP friends, and a close ESFP cousin of mine. We’re very much similar in our overall makeup and general approach to life, but how we interact with the world around us, how we interact with ourselves, on an introspective level, is I find, where our greatest differences show.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Question for you, how much of an understanding do you feel, you have over your Fi? About your identity, who you are on a deeper level, what’s important to you, etc. Now, how do you go about exploring that Fi? What do your methods tend to resort to, as a means for better diving in, internally, to get to better understand yourself? To challenge yourself, to test your limits, beliefs, understanding of yourself?

I have a few ESFP friends, and a close ESFP cousin of mine. We’re very much similar in our overall makeup and general approach to life, but how we interact with the world around us, how we interact with ourselves, on an introspective level, is I find, where our greatest differences show.

DREAMER!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!@@%@@#@×+!!!+!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif