Thread: ENFP vs. ESFP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    N/A None

Default ENFP vs. ESFP

Hey y'all,
    As I've mentioned, I'm having trouble determining my MBTI type. I think I'm definitely an EFP, the question is whether I'm N or S. Based on the descriptions I've looked at, I kind of identify with elements of both. I guess the key questions I have are:
    1. Does being an ESFP preclude getting lost in thought, daydreaming about the future, or going "deer in the headlights" in a crisis. If so, I think I'd be ENFP
    2. Can you be an ENFP and still have a fairly physically-oriented/down-to-earth mindset? I study a lot of philosophy in school, and I can't understand abstract metaphysical ideas for the life of me without concrete, real-world examples. I'm also able to sort of corral my over-active imagination into focusing on realistic possibilities, and despite being Enneagram 7 I find it hard to "escape into my mental fantasy land" when presented with constant sensory stimuli, even if it's unpleasant and I wish I could escape. If not, then I think I' d be ESFP.
    Any input is appreciated

Potential is My Addiction Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Dweller View Post
    Hey y'all,
    As I've mentioned, I'm having trouble determining my MBTI type. I think I'm definitely an EFP, the question is whether I'm N or S. Based on the descriptions I've looked at, I kind of identify with elements of both. I guess the key questions I have are:
    1. Does being an ESFP preclude getting lost in thought, daydreaming about the future, or going "deer in the headlights" in a crisis. If so, I think I'd be ENFP
    2. Can you be an ENFP and still have a fairly physically-oriented/down-to-earth mindset? I study a lot of philosophy in school, and I can't understand abstract metaphysical ideas for the life of me without concrete, real-world examples. I'm also able to sort of corral my over-active imagination into focusing on realistic possibilities, and despite being Enneagram 7 I find it hard to "escape into my mental fantasy land" when presented with constant sensory stimuli, even if it's unpleasant and I wish I could escape. If not, then I think I' d be ESFP.
    Any input is appreciated
    Question for you, how much of an understanding do you feel, you have over your Fi? About your identity, who you are on a deeper level, what’s important to you, etc. Now, how do you go about exploring that Fi? What do your methods tend to resort to, as a means for better diving in, internally, to get to better understand yourself? To challenge yourself, to test your limits, beliefs, understanding of yourself?

I have a few ESFP friends, and a close ESFP cousin of mine. We’re very much similar in our overall makeup and general approach to life, but how we interact with the world around us, how we interact with ourselves, on an introspective level, is I find, where our greatest differences show.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Question for you, how much of an understanding do you feel, you have over your Fi? About your identity, who you are on a deeper level, what’s important to you, etc. Now, how do you go about exploring that Fi? What do your methods tend to resort to, as a means for better diving in, internally, to get to better understand yourself? To challenge yourself, to test your limits, beliefs, understanding of yourself?

I have a few ESFP friends, and a close ESFP cousin of mine. We’re very much similar in our overall makeup and general approach to life, but how we interact with the world around us, how we interact with ourselves, on an introspective level, is I find, where our greatest differences show.
    DREAMER!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!@@%@@#@×+!!!+! !!!!!!!!

There is a crack in everything
    T h a t ' s...h o w...t h e...l i g h t...g e t s...i n
    Likes Dreamer liked this post