• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type and aggressiveness

MBTI Type
INxJ
If anyone goes out of their way to directly endanger me or anyone I deeply care for, I go on the attack. I'm very focused on reaching my goals, in every arena. Many have called my mindset relentless and aggressive. Outwardly, I'm aggressive in pursuit of girls where there's mutual interest and in sexual intimacy.

My enneagram is equal 5w8. I think I'm an atypical INTJ.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From the kinds of things like this I always hear about INTJ's, it proves that NT is Choleric and Keirsey was mistaken about NT being Phlegmatic. (The ENTJ also sounds like this, while in the NTP's, the Choleric is tempered by the role-informative Interaction Styles of the more open ended [N]P preference. Yet the dogged determination still does surface).

Choleric is the temperament most associated with aggression. Then you also have the Choleric Interaction Style groups: EST and ENJ. So these types also can be pretty aggressive. With other types, aggression will be more slower or reactive.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'm pretty aggressive when I am in a situation I find stressful, ie in a crowd. Or obviously when I get backed into a corner and the fight or flight instinct takes over, I will opt for the fight 9 times out of 10.

Other than that I am a pacifist. :D

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
From the kinds of things like this I always hear about INTJ's, it proves that NT is Choleric and Keirsey was mistaken about NT being Phlegmatic. (The ENTJ also sounds like this, while in the NTP's, the Choleric is tempered by the role-informative Interaction Styles of the more open ended [N]P preference. Yet the dogged determination still does surface).

Choleric is the temperament most associated with aggression. Then you also have the Choleric Interaction Style groups: EST and ENJ. So these types also can be pretty aggressive. With other types, aggression will be more slower or reactive.

uh, where are you always hearing stuff about INTJs?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
In NF forums, would be my guess.

INTJs are mean :(

Courtesy of jennifer some time last year:

412.jpg

:boohoo:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't think I can actually consider myself that aggressive.

There may be people out there who think of me that way, but it doesn't really seem that way to me, I guess.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get the descriptions from posts like that, as well as from profiles.
Since the INTJ is introverted, they will not be as aggressive as an extraverted TJ. But it's still there.

With the INFP example given, it was reactive as I said, in contrast to the normal pacifism.
(Is the point of the OP who is EVER aggressive; or normally? The key phrase I was focusing on was "I'm very focused on reaching my goals, in every arena. Many have called my mindset relentless and aggressive.")

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not particularly aggressive, I rarely remember being called such.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think ENFP females can at times be *incorrectly* perceived as being aggressive, (usually by men), because we tend to be highly opinionated, outspoken women.

My sister is an ESTJ and she is the most aggressive person I know, hands down. :horor:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
When I was younger "fight or flight" were the only two options I knew that I had and, prefering harmonious relationships with others, "flight" was often my choice.

When I was aggressive I would later not like the feelings of guilt/shame I'd have for violating my values system. But "flight" left me isolated and unhappy.

So, with time I figured out that I needed a few other options and set about learning about my wants and needs and how to get them met. I picked up some good communication skills along the way and that has helped a lot.

In extreme stress I feel narrowed to the old two again and, if I have time to think before I act, I can call out the other choices.

I think I have potential for pretty serious, even criminal, aggression and am glad I have some control over it.

Frank

I get the descriptions from posts like that, as well as from profiles.
Since the INTJ is introverted, they will not be as aggressive as an extraverted TJ. But it's still there.

With the INFP example given, it was reactive as I said, in contrast to the normal pacifism.
(Is the point of the OP who is EVER aggressive; or normally? The key phrase I was focusing on was "I'm very focused on reaching my goals, in every arena. Many have called my mindset relentless and aggressive.")

It is whether or not certain types have a strong inclination towards aggressive behavior.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I think ENFP females can at times be *incorrectly* perceived as being aggressive, (usually by men), because we tend to be highly opinionated, outspoken women.

My sister is an ESTJ and she is the most aggressive person I know, hands down. :horor:

I don't know, I can be pretty damn aggressive. Confidence + excess energy - adequate outlet = ARRRRRRRR!!!!!

(note: I don't equate aggressive with overbearing.)

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can act aggressive, but I do it as a way of counter-attack my social anxiety, lol.
So I think a P type acting under stress may be very aggressive.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can be unusually agressive sometimes, I guess it's an ENTJ-thing - I have to try hard to control my emotions. Human stupidity makes me angry pretty often.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think someone recently referred to me as aggressively friendly...haha
i'm not sure if i should be offended...or if it's in fact true...hmmm

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i was told by my faja that i am very aggressive, just queitly so.
i am certainly assertive with those that i respect - and in situations that permit that i do so in order to get the job done.

Also, as a kid, and somewhat now, i was uberfriendly and engaging.