• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Terminology for Quadrants and Type

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I thought up these terms for different type quadrants...

SF = conventional
ST = practical
NT = intellectual
NF = idealistic

EP = explorers
IJ = searchers
EJ = modifiers
IP = optimisers

Can these be improved on?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
For example: INTP = intellectual optimiser, ESTP = practical explorer.

--

I was just reminded of how well the I/E-P/J quadrants line up with classical temperament.

IP = phlegmatic
IJ = melancholic
EP = sanguine
EJ = choleric

I'm unsure of what other words in our language would describe the energy of each temperament well.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From Socionics:

Ej (mbti ENTJ, ESTJ, ENFJ, ESFJ) - Linear-Assertive
Ep (mbti ENTP, ESTP, ENFP, ESFP) - Flexible-Adaptive
Ip (mbti INFJ, INTJ, ISTJ, ISFJ) - Receptive-Adaptive
Ij (mbti INTP, INFP, ISFP, ISTP) - Balanced-Stable

NT - Researcher/ Scientific-Researching
NF - Humanitarian/ Humanitarian-Artisanal
SF - Social/ Social-Communicative
ST - Pragmatist/ Technical-Managerial

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
From Socionics:

NT - Researcher/ Scientific-Researching
NF - Humanitarian/ Humanitarian-Artisanal
SF - Social/ Social-Communicative
ST - Pragmatist/ Technical-Managerial

I like the N/S-F/T terms, except for researcher for NT. It's not necessarily a worse term than "intellectual", but I think Si dominants fit as researchers too, so I'm not a fan of the term.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like the N/S-F/T terms, except for researcher for NT. It's not necessarily a worse term than "intellectual", but I think Si dominants fit as researchers too, so I'm not a fan of the term.

Yeah I definitely could see that, however I feel it's important to note that those are from Socionics where it defines Si quite differently from how it is defined in MBTI and other systems so I think it fits the system it's from.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Yeah I definitely could see that, however I feel it's important to note that those are from Socionics where it defines Si quite differently from how it is defined in MBTI and other systems so I think it fits the system it's from.

I think it's strange to call Si/Ni dominants "receptive-adaptive" so yeah there does seem a divide in the understanding there.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

EP = explorers
IJ = searchers
EJ = modifiers
IP = optimisers

Assertive works for the EJ types, and is easier to grasp than "modifier". Balanced/stable works for IP, because as optimisers they try to stay at optimal levels/equilibrium, thus giving them stability. Flexible-adaptive works for explorers because they are flexible and adaptive, but it misses the taking in of the environment element. Receptive-adaptive for IJ... that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I can somewhat see how I could be one but I would need more explanation.

Note: when Ep is phrased as "Flexible-maneuvering" it matches the explorer term better.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think "modifier" is too ambiguous of a term for extroverted judgment. I'm thinking "impacters", "operators", "controllers". Operator has a more Te slant, Controller could have negative connotations.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I think "modifier" is too ambiguous of a term for extroverted judgment. I'm thinking "impacters", "operators", "controllers". Operator has a more Te slant, Controller could have negative connotations.

And "Pleasers".

- - - Updated - - -

"Servants"

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
By the way, if Objective Personality has their own terminology for the quadrants i mentioned, feel free to post it in this thread.

I see a lot of crossover actually. I was planning on it, but I'm a lazy procrastinator.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's strange to call Si/Ni dominants "receptive-adaptive" so yeah there does seem a divide in the understanding there.

They're receptive and adaptive to the inner data; —which might look totally unreceptive and unadaptive, to those on the outside.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
They're receptive and adaptive to the inner data; —which might look totally unreceptive and unadaptive, to those on the outside.
Oh, makes sense then. Seems odd word choice though.
As Ni dominant, i have a mind that wanders. I suppose i am receptive to the contents i dig up.