• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random MBTI and JCF Thoughts

rav3n

Ok then, I really don't know what point you're trying to make then.
It helps to read my post since everything's clearly stated. Never mind, I give up. The Feeling function owns emotions because an interweb person says so, one who disregards Jung's theoretical model.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It helps to read my post since everything's clearly stated. Never mind, I give up. The Feeling function owns emotions because an interweb person says so, one who disregards Jung's theoretical model.

You could at least state that as I expressed it, instead of an exaggerated version of it.

So, the Feeling function doesn't have anything to do with emotion, because you say so. Oh wait, you said they do relate so (exaggerating like you) you also think Feeling owns emotion.

But whether a subset of emotions are an integral facet of how the Feeling function works is a valid debate in the typology community, I'm not exactly standing alone on this.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
This post was meant to be posted in this thread yesterday but I accidentally posted it in a different thread:

Legion said:
I said that Feeling overlaps with emotion, so there are emotions that are and aren't linked to Feeling.

Here's how it seems to work (not original ideas: I'm paraphrasing someone else):

Happy and sad are linked to the inner feeling states of Fi, whereas Fe is more about social emotions of giving off warmth and hostility.

The emotions of anger, shame and fear (e.g. enneagram) are a different spectrum of emotions, not linked to Feeling per se.

This may not be correct, but it is what I'm working with.

rav3n

Se's somewhat out of control, as of late. Plenty dumb actions, rather than my usual caution and reserve.

Coll

MBTI Type
INFJ
Can you explain why Feelers have problems controlling their emotions if emotions are a component of their Feeling function? One would think that if any function that's a component of the conscious mind can easily be controlled and immediately understood, right?

I know you're probably not wanting this revived based on your last response but I thought your question interesting.

I think not all feelers struggle to control their emotions. however, feelers are apt to have a leaning towards certain coping mechanisms that are juxtaposed to thinkers. thinkers might be more inclined to shut down whereas feelers might be more inclined to be "emotional".

Coll

MBTI Type
INFJ
When a feeler hates someone, since they have super-duper strong emotions, what stops them from harming the other person?

Ethics. Upbringing. the consequence I might face if I punch someone in the face. ... I don't think this is a mbti thing but a human thing.

Coll

MBTI Type
INFJ
With this in mind, emotions are distinct from the F and T functions.

Your thoughts on this are so interesting and I like it. I agree that emotions are distinct from T and F functions. It's interesting because I think it's like a bus route. a thinker has feelings. they have emotions. emotions change constantly in a person based on the information they take in.

a feeler is apt to take in different information than a thinker thus their decision making differs vastly.

someone comes up to me and says, "you flipping suck! I hate you!". I, a feeler, think "what did I do? I wonder how this person is feeling." this influences my response. this might take a while ...

a thinker on the other hand might say, "What did I do? I wonder why I'm listening to this angry person? do they matter? no? I'm out!".

meanwhile, the feeler is stuck processing the person's emotion to understand the verbal assault. The thinker is more logical about it. this person is verbally assaulting me and they don't give me a paycheck, sleep in my bed, or have photo albums of my childhood so I'm out.

I think emotions definitely differ from our cognitive functions. The other poster did have a point correlating values with someone's emotions but I think you both might have been on differing pages. idk. I'm up late .. I probably missed something in this exchange anyways. either way, interesting points!

crustydemon

MBTI Type
estp
Feeling judgements come about due to emotional relationships with the world but the functions of course are not emotions in & of themselves like a lot of people suggest in Mbti. (Mainly the 16 personalities crowd.)

Example: If you tell someone their dress is "ugly" and they begin to cry, you might make an evaluation of the situation and then say, "I hurt their feelings by telling them something unfavorable. I should maybe avoid being so tactless." --- That's the start of someone getting into an Fe judgment.
Someone with introverted thinking may analyze many things but it will remain passive thought until they start testing out and placing importance into the thought-systems.

Simply put -- We're human & most humans have thoughts & emotions. How strong or frequent an emotion comes & goes may have nothing to do with any feeling function as mental health issues also exist.
In these Jungian books I had the pleasure of reading, they go further to say a function isn't a function until it is counted upon & made use of.
So, someone can sit around, analyzing day & night but if their decisions are lead by Feeling judgments, they're Feeling types.
I tell people I'm a very intuitive person, because I am. My intuitions are frequently observed and strong but the majority of my life is governed by sensation.

Jung & his students made the claim thinking types have a harder time controlling the Feeling function, so feeling in thinking types, when they are felt, (especially those with Ti/Fe) are more likely to appear overly "emotional" when Feelings do show..because Feeling types have an intelligence with their Feeling function. It goes for the other types, too.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
2bb38a3d3a119781c21fceb853792dc39b29deed.jpg

Hmn.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Type with introvert feeler and extrovert intuition aux have a natural tendency to develop (e.g idea, notion) from simple to more complex. An example will be Isabel Briggs Myers Fi-Ne, by finding the 16 types that Jung didn't do. She did it by combining each of 8 congitive functions that Jung have found by following certain Jungian rules for example pairing function completely antagonistic is not allowed, like pairing thinking primary and feeling auxiliary. The result of 16 types is not even known to Jung, the person whom she cited psychological functions idea.
An Si - Te have have a natural tendency to simplify a lot of data gathered from observation so that it is easier to understand empirically. Isabel Briggs Myers find J and P tendency: introvert judging with extrovert perception will have a behavioral tendency of creating a perception, that she call XXXP while extrovert judging with introvert sensing, regardless of their aux or primary status will have behavioral tendency to behave judgmentally that she call XXXJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
To develop Si-Te function, it would be good if INFP and ISTJ to study statistics.Sometimes I think type with Si-Te, is the best match for executing statistical method, since their psychological functions seems to support the energy for undergoing the method. In descriptive statistics as I learnt, We are required to simplify a lot of factual information so that it can be more easily discernible.

An example would be simplifying price data in a trend line. Suppose you had a daily price data of a commodity for 10 years, that total number of data would be 365*8 plus 2*366 (bisexxtile year)=3652. The vast number of data array should not be easy to comprehend. If we want to know what the data tells us, statistically, it has to be further arrange to a trend line. The trend line can tell whether in 10 years the commodity price tend to increase, decrease. There is method to follow to obtain the trendline. You can draw a cartesian diagram with X and Y axis. Y axis can represent a the commodity price daily data and X axis can represent a time lapse. Once you put each data on the diagram, a line will be graphed. That is the trend line that we seek and can tell what the data tells us.

Isabel Brigss Myers J and P is simplified behavioral tendency that originally may vary like the data array. It somewhat resembles trend line that tells what 10 years of daily commodity price is about . What Isabel Briggs Myers find was Despite observation may vary, all of behavioral tendency of introvert perception and extrovert judging is arguably empirically judgmental, abbreviated "J". Introvert judging func and extrovert perceiving func case will behave as a perceiver that is to create perception, abbreviated "P".

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
My sister whom Identify as ISTP many times does not read recipe when cooking instant noodles. When it is supposed to be fried noddles, when she cook it, the result might be a boiled noddles. My mother (ESFJ) often complain and asks me to cook instead of her.