• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP mistypes

mancino

Enlightened!
MBTI Type
NFJ
Hi everybody!

I hope you are all well with the pandemic and all.

I've stumbled across this article regarding entp common mistypes and real profile:
The Truth about MBTI — The Real ENTP

As a very strong N with an uncertain type myself, I'm curious to know what you think about it, either from personal experience or from your observations.

It seems to me that intuition, especially when very strong, can mask other preferences and make typing more difficult.

mancino

Enlightened!
MBTI Type
NFJ
[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION], [MENTION=39780]noname3788[/MENTION], I'm waiting for your answers!

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He's spot-on about the stereotypes, can anyone actually believe that people are like this? Well, actually, yes, here's proof of that. Damn...

About the description itself: Better than most type descriptions and he does a solid job at using the function framework without actually mentioning the functions too much. And he doesn't fall into the trap of "Ne makes him do this...". I'm kinda surprised that he doesn't understand the INFP mistype, it's probably the most obvious one (unhealthy ENTP losing confidence in his logic). I still get negative vibes from the name of his blog, it comes across as arrogant know-it-all (and fits the stereotype that the criticizes). I also took a further look at his tumblr page, it's quite chaotic and more a lose track of his thoughts and interests, at least it let's me think that the author is an ENTP.

skimpit

You all realize the author was being sarcastic in his post, right? The entire bit of writing reeks of sarcasm.

He's trying to characterize ENTPs as shy know-it-alls, and anything but an insufferable genius.

If you'd like for me to give you more insight, I'd be happy to.

As an ENTP myself, I'm happy to dispel rumors and misconceptions about the type.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Hi everybody!

I hope you are all well with the pandemic and all.

I've stumbled across this article regarding entp common mistypes and real profile:
The Truth about MBTI — The Real ENTP

As a very strong N with an uncertain type myself, I'm curious to know what you think about it, either from personal experience or from your observations.

It seems to me that intuition, especially when very strong, can mask other preferences and make typing more difficult.

Well, I had a general look at the blog and... Well, yeah, so so.

One of the recommended threads below actually reinforces the stereotype he presented before.
He also carries the idea of ENTP being an ambivert type, yet although I have not posted yet, i disagree and by my measures these are ENFP and ENFJ as far as I remember... XNTP got a really great range in E-I although, including some ambiverts as well... In rest I pretty much agree with [MENTION=39780]noname3788[/MENTION].