• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Need Help, please

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Hi everyone. I haven't been around much in a long time, but I haven't forgotten nor given up on Jungian psychology. In fact, I'm more into it now than ever, so much so that I'm working on a research project on the connections between linguistics and cognitive preferences, but I need help. It would require nothing more than a bunch of replies to this post and I would be forever grateful.

What I need is for people who KNOW their types to answer five questions in their own words and please state your type (or at least your dominant function). I don't need any names, genders or ages, just types and answered questions. Remember that I'm not looking for any particular kind of answer. I'm simply looking at word choices and linguistic patterns. Your answers can be long-winded or short-stated, so long as they're authentically you.

Here are the questions. Thank you all ever so much.

1. Describe your idea of a good day.
2. What kinds of things bring you contentment, pleasure or enjoyment?
3. How do you prefer to shop?
4. Tell me about the area where you live or grew up or would like to visit.
5. What's really important to you (example: person, place, thing or idea)?

Again, thank you all so much! I can hardly wait to read your responses!

Ene (Ni-dominant)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm an INFP.

I hope you will share your findings with us here.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Hi everyone. I haven't been around much in a long time, but I haven't forgotten nor given up on Jungian psychology. In fact, I'm more into it now than ever, so much so that I'm working on a research project on the connections between linguistics and cognitive preferences, but I need help. It would require nothing more than a bunch of replies to this post and I would be forever grateful.

What I need is for people who KNOW their types to answer five questions in their own words and please state your type (or at least your dominant function). I don't need any names, genders or ages, just types and answered questions. Remember that I'm not looking for any particular kind of answer. I'm simply looking at word choices and linguistic patterns. Your answers can be long-winded or short-stated, so long as they're authentically you.

Here are the questions. Thank you all ever so much.

I am INFJ (Ni-Fe)

I don't generally have overly good days, but I guess a birthday would be a good day, which may be relaxing during the early part of the day, with plenty of time to think and so on, and drinking with friends in the evening. Hopefully the conversation gets spiritual.

Mind altering substances. Music. Progessing my spiritual learning.

I shop quickly, and get the things I had planned to get, maybe browsing briefly. I suck at walking into shops if it seems the worker there might as if you want help.

Suburbian, a bush track nearby. I like the idea of living in the woods, even if briefly.

Spirituality. My faith in God. My spiritual connections. My destiny.

Again, thank you all so much! I can hardly wait to read your responses!

Ene (Ni-dominant)

:)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]

Thank you both so much. Your answers are wonderful! I will certainly share my findings when I am finished.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] is connections between linguistics and cognitive preferenes an ongoing interest of yours?

I sometimes look into the use of different words/phrases etc. and how this connects with type/cognitive functions. If I'm looking into that area any time soon should I PM you for discussion, or anything along those lines?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, it is an on-going interest of mine. So, sure, if you have any insights and want to PM, I'd love to hear them.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INFP:

I imagine a calm morning, but with something special-like donuts for example. Then later on, something fun and refreshing happens. That could be something like visiting a fair, going shopping, walking around a city, visiting a zoo. Then I head home, and wind down with a show or movie and maybe a hot drink.

Visiting new places, seeing and being with animals, time with a close friend, eating weird food, learning something really interesting, making a good piece of artwork, games.

Online I enjoy cause there's just so much variety, but I don't mind shopping in person. Malls are really nice, I wish they weren't dying. I don't really have much of a method though, I mostly wing it while knowing the basic things I want. I try to get what I like, but keep practicality in mind as well.

(Grew up)

An oddball town sitting in the willy whacks that less than 2,000 people call home. A run of the mill convenience store had the best coffee flavored slushies. A green library the size of a shed was a relic of the past. It laid next to a hill, and on the top of the hill was a tiny playground. The singular restaurant in town was only open 3 days a week. Then there was me, living in a run down trailer park, where nature was plentiful and the neighbors partied nonstop. There was not much of anything to do there, but fond memories linger.

Figuring out what my real passion is in life. Trying to be a decent person, trying not to completely waste away my life. Self improvement, my closest deepest relationships, art.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=38618]Bismuth Blitz[/MENTION] Thank you very much for your answers. They are wonderful:)

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am an INTP

A good day would probably be spent doing some of the things I enjoy? Not a requirement, but I would love to wake up feeling refreshed or awake with no impending projects or requirements looming over my head. Some of my best days have been spent hiking or walking somewhere when the temperature is not too warm. A good meal, perhaps at a restaurant with food I haven't had before after a walk through an artsy town or somewhere else? The day would end well if I was given time to myself afterwards to engage in my interests (ie. art/drawing on my magnet-doodle primarily), though an engaging conversation would also be fun.

Listening to someone talk about things that engage them, engaging in online debates or explanations, researching or working with something I'm especially engaged with (which is rare these days), eating/visiting something new/tea, drawing, playing around with scenarios and ideas, figuring out something that I struggled with for a long time, hiking, etc...

Quickly. Shopping brings me anxiety because I'm not great in crowds and don't really naturally desire things in a shopping sense so usually as quickly as possible and alone. Occasionally if it can be done in a recreational setting that's nice (ie. in a mall with friends or something where joking distracts from the actual shopping aspect).

(Visit) I'd really like to visit Australia or Iceland? I watched a documentary when I was younger and it sort of used Australia in order to talk about how the earth developed throughout history (in a universe sort of sense), so I'd kind of love to see some of the features that were spoken of in the documentaries in person. I'd especially like to see the stromatolites, since they are said to be the oldest species on earth (and also the beaches of Australia are fairly pretty, which would be nice?). Iceland seems (superficially) to be a very nature-centric country, lots of lush green areas I could probably hike and seemingly weather which is on the cold or humid side. Iceland produces a lot of beautiful music as well, so it would be nice to tour the country, maybe hike a bit and explore the scenery...

Probably my goals, purely because at this point they are one of the few things I can identify as self and keep me moving forward in life. Of course my mother and siblings are also very important to me. I think pretty highly (perhaps too highly) of control and objectivity/understanding as well, as well.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION] These answers are really great and will help me a lot. Thank you ever so much. Also, on a personal note, I love your answers and a lot of what you say resonates with me. I'd love to visit Iceland. I have an artist friend, an elderly gentleman, from there. He is a painter and a carver and loves the Norse Tales of his ancestors.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
How do you prefer to shop?
It is hard to tell for me since for me, If I could, I prefer not to go shopping at all. I don't really like a crowded situation like those of traditional and modern market. I Recent development of online stores is a new innovation style of shopping that what the traditional and modern market can't offer. It offers less interaction between shoppers, and sometimes delivery service, that gives different experience in shopping.

Purchasing a completely new and usually pricy product is not my preferred shopping style. It is always a good idea for me to have a used product yet still functioning with a fraction of its brand new price. During my university student years, I purchased many used cellphones when the price was not as high as a new one, even that means that I had to wait until they manufacture a brand new items. Five years ago in 2015, I purchased a DSLR camera that was firstly introduced in 2003 and My sister and I used it until it was eventually broken in 2019. I remember that I purchased a used but rare and with a good review VGA card, which was firstly introduced in october 2002, in 2005 online. I got acquaintaned with the seller online, of course with far more affordable price with the new one.
Btw, welcome back