• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cognitive Function Storyboards

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So what would your functions look like if they were made into a show and personified characters in your head? (A la Inside Out)

Very rough draft quick storyboard to get things started (for INTP)

Ti: Okay, I give up. What is it now?

Ne: I'm just saying.... marshmallow bar. People come in they make their own marshmallows. That, then ???, then profit!

Ti: Okay, I'm listening. But how would the marshmallow bar work? Has this type of business worked before?

Si: Hot off the shelf... I've got exactly one solid albeit vague impression that says yes a similar business has worked before.

Ne: That's good enough for me.

Ti: (shakes head) But about that business, how did it...?

Fe: Are you really going to disappoint your family and drop out of college for some absurd marshmallow making scheme? Do you have any friends who would help you with such a thing? So much for keeping the peace. This is going to majorly trash your reputation.

Ti: Did I hear something? For some reason now I'm not so sure that dropping out of school to make a marshmallow bar would be a reasonable course of action at this point.

Ne: When did I say anything about dropping out? ... Here, you do the marshmallow thing at night with a cocktail bar, do school in the morning, and that leaves the whole afternoon to work on The Next Best Thing.

Si: Again, that hasn't worked out the last 500 times we tried that.

Ti: Cocktail bar? You know there are limitations on the human body right?

Ne: Of course. Yes you should go gather some more info on those lim-it-tation things. I'll go get the marshmallows.

Ti: You trying to take charge? That isn't coherent with the theory of how cognitive functions work... But the marshmallows are not even over...? Aw, here it goes!

*Ti chases Ne down the hallway*

*After a moment, Si and Fe look at each other and quietly shake their head in disapproval.*

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Ni: the mysteries are all coming together; in good time!

Se: burgers tho. Can has?

Ti: yeah we're pretty hungry, I'd say it's worthwhile

Fe: well it's all consistent. The concerns of the present and the passage of time reflect each other right?

Ti: right. Fractals or something?

Ni: I have been watching for some time. On the morrow, we plot our advance. Hazzah!

Ne: Hazzah!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(Draft for ENTP)

Ne: you know, smores are a popular thing. But no restaurant on earth sells smores. Okay, so you could have a fire pit in the middle of the room. Build your own smore’s bar forms around it. Dip in things like at froyo shop.

Ti: this is coming together well. Would the people go clockwise or counterclockwise around the round fire pit?

Ne: one of those, or possibly both

Fe: gotta make the atmosphere inviting too, make it something your friends and family would be compelled to visit everyday.

Si: This hasn’t been done before though.

Ne: exactly.

Ti: just because it hasn’t been done before, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Just needs to be done right.

Fe: and ethically of course! Don’t just employ your friends and expect to pay them with free smores and holographic pokemon cards

Ne: wait, how’d you..? We would never do such a thing. Unless….

Fe: unless you want to be the most hated business owner on earth

Si: and get a jail sentence

Ti: And.... there are better ways to sustain a successful business. Well, if you consider...

Ne: but why don’t we just pay everyone in pokemon cards? money is meaningless anyway

Ti: true enough.

Si: Are you friggin kidding me?

Fe: just smile and wave, Si, smile and wave

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
(for INFP mode)

Fi: things have really been too much lately, I don't know what to do

Ne: try going outside... the confines of your reality!

Si: keep things going, nothing too bad has happened yet

Fi: thanks guys. I guess I need to be grateful for what I have.

Te: we'll make a plan to get out of this rut, just you wait!

Fi: I wait and wait. What ever plays out?

Fe: we are here for you, you're not alone!

Ni: buzz the sound of buzzards; nor are we alone.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'm learning a lot about myself from these, I'm gonna do more!

(ISFJ mode)

Si: what was it again? Something about personality, spirit world, processes, something or other?

Fe: yes, but don't worry too much about it. For your part, ensure that things are running smoothly. You're important for our practical functioning.

Ti: not to mention your relation to the establishment. We get into trouble a lot you know.

Ne: trouble-schmouble, they're all a bunch of loons. Blah blah blah!

Si: yes that all makes sense. I've been going alright. I get put down a lot. Is that because of the establishment?

Se: nah they think you're weak. Get confident Si! Keep that operation running!

Fi: o.o maybe find a common language with Ni

Te: oh hi guys, didn't see you from way down here. Yeah, keep the end goal in mind. Focus on the objective.

Ni: say, if we were to go to church... which church would we go to?

TBC

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay I'm going to attempt one for ISTJ....

Si: So yes, what has happened today so far?

Te: We worked toward goal #1 and goal #3 today but somehow missed goal #2. Next course of action is to go back to goal #2 and have that done by 10:30.

Fi: We haven't really done anything for personal enrichment today yet. Do we even really want to do goal #2?

Si: There was something... about some personal enrichment thing, is it doable for today?

Te: Negative. There is only time for goal #2, dinner, and maybe a little jazz before we fall asleep.

Fi: Jazz sounds nice.

Si: Very comforting, solid plan...

Ne: Goal #2 looks like a dead-end, surely boring, right? Let's forget that one, try out five different personal enrichment activities, and maybe listen to something other than jazz for once?

Fi: You know, Ne might have a point here actually. I mean not the jazz part, but like do you actually still hold any value for Goal #2?

Te: That goal is there for a reason. We're not changing course now.

Si: Changing course?? Whoa there. Who's suggesting we change course?

Te: That would be..... Fi.

Fi: Wow.

Ne: Wow.

Si: We're not changing the course.

*Ne whispers something to Fi*

Fi: But, painting? Just a little bit. Your favorite?

Si: Fine! Okay. But then goal #2 and the jazz music.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ESTJ

Te: Ok guys, gameplan. It's now or never and there's no time to lose. How are we going to do this?
Si: keep in mind all of the things that have been happening, this is clearly an important time
Fi: this is all very exciting
Ne: exciting lightning rounds a minute, mind it, may I, my next appearance at -
Te: Lol.
Si: I've thought of something. What about we continue the thread we placed a few months back? You know the one.
Te: I've considered it. It certainly has utility.
Ti: It's a go. Just hold on to the core aspect. This has to be done right.
Fe: It has to be done as part of the larger group, not just us alone.
Ti: right. You handle that.
Fe: No doubt.
Te: any last words?
Ni: not for the time being...

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ

Fi: Yo, Ni
Ni: Huh?
Fi: Do you think that this career you're pursuing really resonates with the values you so desperately want to defend? How about crying in the shower? Let's do that. I really want to cry in the shower?
Te: Yo stfu you pussy. Here's the thing Ni, you know that this is what works, you know that his will get you money, status, everything. And that doesn't mean that your "identity" or whatever this idiot says will be sacrificed.
Ni: Te, you know i agree with you, i really just don't know why this bitch-ass Fi is tantruming out of the blue. Shut up, idiot. I like economics just fine. Sure, it's not a dream job but who cares? In a couple of years we all know that the illumninati will take over, my apartment complex will be run over by evil underground forces, the economy is going to collapse and everyone will live-off seeds so getting my money now will be all good. That doesn't mean that you, Fi, isn't going to be pleased. So shut.
Fi: *sobs*
Ni: For real?
Te: Are you crying?
Ni: Did we make it cry again?
Te: *sigh* dude, chill.
Fi: *crying* You guys are mean
Ni: No we're not, we are being reasonable.
Te: Dude, i'm not sure if this apocalyptical thing is reasonable...
Ni: Shut up, i know it's coming. i'm right, ur wrong, now shut it.
Fi: HEEEEEEEEEEY I'M STILL CRYING.
Te: Yo, no one gives a sh*t
Se: i knida do...
Ni+Te+Fi: Did anyone say something?
Se: i did...
Ni: Are you guys hearing anything? Anyway, i have the perfect plan for making all of this work and i'm sure you will be fine, Fi. Hear this, i'm gonna take all my money, invest smart, make even more money, get a house in a hill, transform it into a fort, build an underground bunker and build an underground farm. Then, will all be ok...
Se: dude what about the light bill? You forgot it already?
Ni: Anyway, i got it all figured out...
Se: Dude, the lights...
*THE HOUSE BLACKS OUT*
Ni: wtf just happened?
Se: OMFG YOU FORGOT TO CHECK IF YOU PAYED YOUR BILLS AGAIN YOU IDIOT!
Ni: whoa, where did you come from Se?
Se: OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE TO LIVE WITH YOU HERE!
Te:... geez
Fi: even i think that dude's a drama queen...
Se: JUST FREAKING STOP PLANNING AND LOOK AT WHAT'S ACTUALLY GOING ON WITH YOUR LIFE YOU FREAK! YOU HAVEN'T SHOWERED IN TWO DAYS, YOUR CAR'S DIRTY, THERE'S SHIT IN YOUR SHOES SINCE YESTERDAY, THERE'S 2 WEEKS WORTH OF UNERAD E-MAILS, YOUR MOM CALLED AND YOU HAVEN'T PAYED YOUR FREAKING BILLS! JUST LOOK AT WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW YOU MORON
Ni: i guess you're right...
Se: Thank you, geez...
Ni: I have the perfect solution for this!
Se: oh no...
Ni: wait for it.........
Se: this sh*t again?
Ni: I WILL FORSEE EVRYTHING FROM NOW ON SO THAT NOTHING FROM THE PRESENT MOMENT CAN STOP ME FROM FORSEEING EVER AGAIN.
Se: What about just living in the moment, man?
Ni: huh?
Te: what?
Fi: did anyone say something?
Se: i'm done with this sh*t