• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are different types reacting to quarantine?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought this was a really intersting podcast. Any thoughts or ideas on what they are saying on how different types are reacting to this? Funny I was on a phone call with obvious perceiver this morning and she said it was like groundhog day which is exactly what they are saying. To be honest, I'm stressed out about getting this thing and the financial worries but otherwise I am kind of enjoying this. Virtual happy hours, zoom meetings, virtual backgrounds, listening to the news, watching movies, less commuting, a bit of wine etc. I bought a green screen. I have compete control over how much extraverting I do.

Coronavirus personality type podcast

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't listen to it, but the summary mentioned forest bathing. I didn't know what that was, and it turns out that it looks like something I already do. I just didn't know what it was called.

LiterateLevi

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
As an ExTP, I’m losing my marbles. I’m doing absolutely everything to keep myself busy and am starving for contact. Any social contact. Anything. I’ve taken up so many hobbies. So. Many. Hobbies. I’ve also impulse bought like three video games and nearly stress-ate my way through a box of Rice Crispies last night.

Check on your extroverted friends. We’re not okay.

Now the extroverts know how we feel when they drag us out into social settings and away from our natural habitat. I kid. I know not all of you extroverts see us as damaged people in need of some socializing to “fix” us. Maybe just like those videos of rainstorms or the ocean you can find ones of busy streets or restaurants to listen to so you won’t feel so isolated.

Man- this is awkward. I’m not sure what I can really offer for advice. The people I know are all pretty introverted too (not a coincidence). Introverts, visit your extroverted friends, lest they go insane and have tea parties with inanimate objects!

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I consider myself ambiverted and I think I'm doing okay for the situation I'm in. Not perfect, but okay. I think what's killing me is all the casual browsing I normally did in occupy time that I suddenly can't do, and I always think I want to socialize then when I go out I just get anxiety attacks instead. I had been somewhat introverted but it kinda hit me when this month I didn't get my usual once a month hangouts with my 2 close friends and I got really depressed over that. I think eventually even the average introvert will want to hear someone's voice...well in my case a voice besides my family arguing. XD I'm good at finding random shit to occupy my time with. Also don't think it has hit as hard yet because I've had so much homework since I got back. I wonder what'll be like if I'm into this in the summer and don't have the homework buffer. My biggest issue has been my anxiety though. But then it seems like my two friends who are fairly introverted are doing fine and don't even call unless I do. So maybe I am more of an extravert than I think.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I am infj and i find it easier to leave the house because there are less people around

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recently posted in another coronavirus related thread, but I strangely do not feel any different socially. I thought I'd be more lonely, but it feels almost exactly the same as my life before because I still interact with people via video. I'm realizing how internally distant I am from people even when I'm in the same room.

My biggest struggle is between wanting to create new things and develop new skills and not feeling well. I would be excited about projects and feel hopeful and excited except I'm struggling with depression, feeling ugly, feeling sick and tired. That is what is filling my focus more than social issues. I'm not bored, but just feel like I'm fighting with myself to do what I care about, the time keeps disappearing without explanation, but I feel like this could be my chance to actually become who I am as an artist.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I recently posted in another coronavirus related thread, but I strangely do not feel any different socially. I thought I'd be more lonely, but it feels almost exactly the same as my life before because I still interact with people via video. I'm realizing how internally distant I am from people even when I'm in the same room.

My biggest struggle is between wanting to create new things and develop new skills and not feeling well. I would be excited about projects and feel hopeful and excited except I'm struggling with depression, feeling ugly, feeling sick and tired. That is what is filling my focus more than social issues. I'm not bored, but just feel like I'm fighting with myself to do what I care about, the time keeps disappearing without explanation, but I feel like this could be my chance to actually become who I am as an artist.

You are absolutely beautiful inside and out, don't let it get to you. :hug:

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
92690761_2848513011850450_3140811546641301504_o.jpg

rav3n

No problems at all for me but then, I'm not living alone and can facetime, text, phone and email with friends and family. My INTP husband's loving it since he can work from home. It's too funny when he's video conferencing since he wears sweat pants on the bottom and a shirt and tie on top.