• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it not Fe if you don't like photographs or smiling?

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i was just wondering, ever since i was young i hated getting my photo taken and smiling on command or que i always resented it and it further underline some strange rebellious tendencies i had i guess. Does this signify a type or is it merely a personal matter? i am just really curious!! thanks!

I am curious as I was in a car accident when i was younger and afterwards i changed a lot as a person though I was not severely injured (supposedly) i used to care quite deeply about other people and would get angry at bullies and things like that though i was always an ambivert i leaned on the introverted side moreso i think bu then i became like an INT after my accident. I just want to figure out what i was before and if i can somehow go back to being like that or reclaim pieces of the person i was. i really liked art, music, karate and eastern philosophy help please i am part japanese

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not sure whether it is Fe related, I ca imagine a high Fe user being annoyed by photographs but doing it anways to make other people happy, or something similar. I personally don't like photographs of myself, I don't feel like I have to preserve moments of the past. It's gone, it was beatiful, but it's time to move on, so I never really felt like taking photographs of myself in different places. If I make photos, it's usually to share something with others, not for myself.

About being different than before: First of all, we aren't super static in what we value, and of course something like a car accident may change your outlook. If you liked your previous self more and you're unhappy with the current version, please examine things further. Why is it like that? Why do you prefer your previous self? If things don't help, consider seeking professional help.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
You didnt like smiling to photos before or after the accident?
I never stopped to think about it, but I dont like appearing much at pictures either.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the mistake here is assuming feeling function involves how much you like people or social things or your feelings. The feelings function is actually an ethics function, and involves how you see life principles and values along with how you convey that to other people and how strongly ethical matters matter to you. Can you remove your values from your logical assessments? Feelers may struggle with this. Their values and beliefs may come before logic. While to a Thinker, logic and the results sometimes may come before ethics or kindness.

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You didnt like smiling to photos before or after the accident?
I never stopped to think about it, but I dont like appearing much at pictures either.

I actually hated cameras and having picture taken less.

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the mistake here is assuming feeling function involves how much you like people or social things or your feelings. The feelings function is actually an ethics function, and involves how you see life principles and values along with how you convey that to other people and how strongly ethical matters matter to you. Can you remove your values from your logical assessments? Feelers may struggle with this. Their values and beliefs may come before logic. While to a Thinker, logic and the results sometimes may come before ethics or kindness.

But your so called ethnics are still greatly influenced by your own personal experiences, and the feelings you had felt at the time or during certain scenarios. I think I might have been an INFJ, but now like, I dunno it's just funny to me lol what happened? lol. I wasn't able to be a normal INFJ in the place I grew up so I had to cope by turning vey inward, and even being an introvert supposedly that's a complicated thing as well. It's just I feel things I felt before this all happened to me and It's an interesting experience I can remember no what happened to me and can slightly bridge the gap. I see it almost as a spiritual thing and not completely clinical.

I don’t smile on command because it’s completely forced. If I wanted that level of insincerity in a photograph I’d keep the photo inserts that come with picture frames. If you want a genuine smile you’ll have to amuse me. So for me it has far less to do with worrying about pleasing others or influencing their perceptions of me and more to do with my sense of authenticity. Feigning emotions is just highly distasteful.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I actually hated cameras and having picture taken less.

You havent actually replied to my question but thats ok.

I never really associated that with lack of Fe, but I think its a possibility of low Fe, Im not sure.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But your so called ethnics are still greatly influenced by your own personal experiences, and the feelings you had felt at the time or during certain scenarios. I think I might have been an INFJ, but now like, I dunno it's just funny to me lol what happened? lol. I wasn't able to be a normal INFJ in the place I grew up so I had to cope by turning vey inward, and even being an introvert supposedly that's a complicated thing as well. It's just I feel things I felt before this all happened to me and It's an interesting experience I can remember no what happened to me and can slightly bridge the gap. I see it almost as a spiritual thing and not completely clinical.

Well it depends how you view ethics.

For an Fi type, ethics are going to be seen as subjective. They feel each person's ethics are their own ethics and based on their own life, experience, and what inner peace is for them.

For an Fe type, ethics are going to be seen as objective. They feel their ethics are the objectively correct ethics based on their own life, and experience, and what brings them peace.

Fi is more likely to find their own values, and study before deciding what they feel is right or wrong. Fe is more likely to build upon environment. Their idea of ethics is what the culture they grew up in.

Obviously our principles and ideas may be influenced by the way we live, grow up, etc. but they view these same concepts in a different light.

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You havent actually replied to my question but thats ok.

I never really associated that with lack of Fe, but I think its a possibility of low Fe, Im not sure.

I said I liked smiling and cameras even less.

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well it depends how you view ethics.

For an Fi type, ethics are going to be seen as subjective. They feel each person's ethics are their own ethics and based on their own life, experience, and what inner peace is for them.

For an Fe type, ethics are going to be seen as objective. They feel their ethics are the objectively correct ethics based on their own life, and experience, and what brings them peace.

Fi is more likely to find their own values, and study before deciding what they feel is right or wrong. Fe is more likely to build upon environment. Their idea of ethics is what the culture they grew up in.

Obviously our principles and ideas may be influenced by the way we live, grow up, etc. but they view these same concepts in a different light.
thats where I get confused I don’t think feelings and personalities are quite subjective

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
[MENTION=40446]Sabbathhhank[/MENTION]

I stopped to think now and I do think that people with high Fe should like photgraphs. Faking smiling to gain approval is reasonable related to Fe, since Fe needs to be liked and need rise people up. I said reasonable, because I do see things unrelated to Fe into that.

Im not sure although, I dont really have more to say.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=40446]Sabbathhhank[/MENTION]

I stopped to think now and I do think that people with high Fe should like photgraphs. Faking smiling to gain approval is reasonable related to Fe, since Fe needs to be liked and need rise people up. I said reasonable, because I do see things unrelated to Fe into that.

Im not sure although, I dont really have more to say.

I don't think it is type related personally. As an Fi I could say faking a smile even if I didn't want to smile is just the right thing to do as well. But I think that is a good point for why Fe would do it as well. :)

Elegiac

Wandering & Wondering
MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm yeah I've always hated forced smiling for photos etc. One example, my high school photo, the photographer took ages to it get taken. The sun was in my eyes and I sat there smiling for ages, after smiling for a while I stopped and he took the photos when I wasn't smiling. Now, in my year photo I'm LITERALLY the ONLY one NOT smiling. FFS.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think it's really type related - I hate pictures of myself when taken by other people but when I am in control of the camera I don't mind it as much.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Eh, I think it's more of a personal thing. I mean, I'm a Fi user, and I usually try to smile for the camera. But I do it cause I think I look better with a smile, not to get approval. I remember when I was younger I had some family pictures taken and I didn't wanna smile because I was in a phase where I just didn't feel like feigning emotions. I looked so dead inside though, and they were dreadful to look at so I've returned to smiling. I don't really like any pictures of me, but you get my drift.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think it's really type related - I hate pictures of myself when taken by other people but when I am in control of the camera I don't mind it as much.

Same.

Also, forced smiling is the worst. I don't like faking emotion in any way, and I just look weird when I force smiles. Genuine smiles are a whole different story, but I most likely won't be doing that in front of any camera.

I mean, I'm definitely not a high Fe user but it's not type related.

nightoftheshallow

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if it has anything to do with low Fe, but as a child I had no problem smiling for photos...as I got older and more self-conscious, though, I started hated having my picture taken of myself, so the only photos I have of me from 2016-2019 are candids :cry:. I still don't really like having my photos taken unless I know I look 100% flawless, and even then I prefer taking it myself with a selfie camera and dislike smiling because it feels so unnatural to me to do it on purpose. Still, I think it's more about that person's level of comfort and confidence rather than the presence (or lack of) for any function

(Also- first post here :D)