• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meta MBTI thread: Things to Consider

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
No. How could it mean that?

What I had in mind, and I think ml understood, is effectively more than one test side by side. For example: One for N/S, one for NT/NF/SP/SJ, and one for whatever else you want.
Ah.
I'm sure ml understood also.
Obviously, I did not.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ill handle the questions so that people can't have bias answers. ill add quite a bit of questions too but i don't plan on it taking too long to take, there is nothing worse then a long personality test lol and thats kinda the point of this program... fast and efficient.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
From someone who's supposedly really good at face-to-face helping others figure out their type...most people really like the fact that the researched tools (MBTI, Golden, Majors, JTI, etc.) are self-reporting. No one tells you what you are. You get to interact with the results and figure out what you really prefer, what came from your mom and dad's rules, what you have to do for work, etc. Self-reflection is a good thing. Yes lots of people get told that the "test" results are what they are, but instead of trying for another test, how about helping people just figure it out through reflection?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
From someone who's supposedly really good at face-to-face helping others figure out their type...most people really like the fact that the researched tools (MBTI, Golden, Majors, JTI, etc.) are self-reporting. No one tells you what you are. You get to interact with the results and figure out what you really prefer, what came from your mom and dad's rules, what you have to do for work, etc. Self-reflection is a good thing. Yes lots of people get told that the "test" results are what they are, but instead of trying for another test, how about helping people just figure it out through reflection?
Naturally that's the friendly method. And it's better than tests alone, because they only usually give you your correct type. The problem with promoting the self-reflection method is that people delude themselves from time to time. If you give them the final word on their type, even if it's obviously a poor match, the school you're a part of writes books that end up in the self-help section instead of the psychology section.

That is one valid angle, of course, but opinions do vary.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Naturally that's the friendly method. And it's better than tests alone, because they only usually give you your correct type. The problem with promoting the self-reflection method is that people delude themselves from time to time. If you give them the final word on their type, even if it's obviously a poor match, the school you're a part of writes books that end up in the self-help section instead of the psychology section.

you do remember that, if we really do it your way, we have to exlude like 99% of the population ?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
you do remember that, if we really do it your way, we have to explude like 99% of the population ?
Isn't that what's done for most proper professions?

Let's let everyone who says "I'm good at soccer" play football for the German national team!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
the best profession is still to have an answer to every totally insane type. Not to expect from every totally insane type to understand its profession.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

None of my books are in the self-help section :smile:

My point was no one really likes being told who they are. After an ethical 6-hour experiential workshop taught by someone who really knows what they are doing there are very few who aren't willing to accept who they are. And when they don't there are other issues. To say the least. Illusions of grandeur, childhood abuse, bullying...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
None of my books are in the self-help section :smile:

My point was no one really likes being told who they are. After an ethical 6-hour experiential workshop taught by someone who really knows what they are doing there are very few who aren't willing to accept who they are. And when they don't there are other issues. To say the least. Illusions of grandeur, childhood abuse, bullying...

So you mean, break them, do make them understand ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Guess the who, who believes you is a lier then

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Guess who is an idiot in making things good with his gf

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Guess who is an idiot in making things good with his gf
I guess "entropie!" It's a good thing she loves you, and I can't blame her. :D

But I don't think Xander will like this conversation, even if it is "Meta-MBTI"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
chief, it's your world, I am just a guest here

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nuh uh. Let them experience something so they smile in wonderment, "Yes, that's who I am and it's a great way to be!!!"

As long as you never forget, you do things just fine. I know that, I do trust you on that matter. Cause I know you dont do harm intentionally.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
As long as you never forget, you do things just fine. I know that, I do trust you on that matter. Cause I know you dont do harm intentionally.

You really should see it in action in a school where students can say, "Hey you gave 9 choices for our reading projects but none are for Extraverted Intuitives" and the ISTJ teacher says, "Gosh you're right. Why don't we brainstorm a few for the EN's"

Or the child who thinks he's an E and works with a group of E's to design their ideal classroom. After working with them as they bounce around creating their floor plan, with the chairs on springs so they can bounce their energy out and the boogie baby dance floor and the red carpet and the restaurant and the swimming pool, he goes over and looks at the I picture with its circle of couches, laptops so assignments can be emailed, and thick carpet for laying around reading books, and writes a whole paragraph on "I'm an Introvert because..." and then learns to pull away from his friends while working on assignments so he can think and starts completing his work for the first time ever...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You really should see it in action in a school where students can say, "Hey you gave 9 choices for our reading projects but none are for Extraverted Intuitives" and the ISTJ teacher says, "Gosh you're right. Why don't we brainstorm a few for the EN's"

Or the child who thinks he's an E and works with a group of E's to design their ideal classroom. After working with them as they bounce around creating their floor plan, with the chairs on springs so they can bounce their energy out and the boogie baby dance floor and the red carpet and the restaurant and the swimming pool, he goes over and looks at the I picture with its circle of couches, laptops so assignments can be emailed, and thick carpet for laying around reading books, and writes a whole paragraph on "I'm an Introvert because..." and then learns to pull away from his friends while working on assignments so he can think and starts completing his work for the first time ever...
You should study Socionics, EC. Duals, quadrants, etc. I haven't done much personal research (Though working with a dual is a blast), but they have.

Putting all the Es and all the Is together strikes me as rather useless. Well, I think there's a great, great deal we disagree upon...