• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ Vs. INTJ I don't know which one I am ...

Fitzz

Title says it all. I've taken several Myers Briggs tests. All the free ones and I even paid for one on the mbonline website. However I can't figure out which one I fit into. With the answers from the tests I consistently get the INFJ type but description wise it doesn't make sense maybe someone has some insight or other resources that don't sound as ... Social worker-y ?

• I'm a pretty direct person and I take people's feelings into account but more more concerned with the bottom line

• I'm always curious about how things work and the why behind them. Sometimes getting lost in the "why" for longer than I should
  • People open up to me easily and I'm often described as a " great listener " and " easy to talk to"
  • I like to be around groups of people to hear their ideas and maybe discuss ( if I think they'll understand what I'm saying) but mostly I like to people watch. I don't participate in groups I like watching them . To study I like to go to Starbucks, have people around but not interact with them.
  • Iput my feelings to the side to accomplish the goal even if I disagree with the " how " we are doing it.
  • I'mo in positions where I'm the second in command. I'm told the end goal , brain storm with my boss about how ( I'm the one who breaks it up into smaller pieces) and then I disseminate the information to those best suited. If people aren't on board I often try to help them understand why it's important. However if they refuse to understand I fall back on " because this is your job , do it"
  • I " rabbit hole " a lot. If something is interesting to me I focus on it untill I feel I understand it well enough. Great example is MBTI . I've got other things to do but I have a singular focus on things until I'm sasitified that I understand it.

• I discuss options in groups ( school for example) but get frustrated with people quickly if they don't understand why their idea won't work. If they don't listen long enough and I can't change their mind I just withdraw and go with it.
  • I dont like to go into leadershipp positions but if no one else will or they are incompetent I end up taking over or people lean towards following me instead on their own.

Does anyone have any insight ? Thanks for your time or even just reading the post if you don't respond.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the formatting. I'm on my phone and multitasking. And to be frank I don't think something like formatting is important enough to go back and fix. Probably another insight.

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually, your formating is decent, especially for phone standards. All good, no need to apologize.

You may want to remember that no one is fully attuned to one side of a dichotomy-everyone acts outside of prefence every now and then. Based on what you said about yourself, INFJ doesn't seem wrong, and I honestly don't see much thinking at all (beside being decisive and drawn to closure, but those are J aspects, not T). A thinker would value feelings or people less and focus on facts and logic. INTJ are also known for isolating themselves while working, while you seem to seek some levels of human-made "background noise". Also, you seem naturally attuned to helping people, and only seem to fall back to "thinking" behaviors if it is necessary. I don't see INTJ at all in your description.

I hope my short response was somewhat helpful.

Fitzz

Thank you for your response I appreciate it . I guess if depends on where I'm finding descriptions of the personality type . At " 16 personalities" they make it sound like a much more romantical , idealistic personality.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I don't think you are an Intj ( or at least the most common Intj).
I don't think a normal Intj would ever write something like that . Probabily a feeler ( infj or infp ) but really ... there is a lot social "witchcraft" which never tell the true about yourself.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I'm always curious about how things work and the why behind them. Sometimes getting lost in the "why" for longer than I should
This signifies a rational function get conscious. If you tend to pursue reasoning behind , and to the extent to which you just can't naturally let the question left unanswered and divert your attention to something else before it gets answered, You must be a rational type dominant. Another that signifies rational functions (Fe, Fi, Ti, Te) gets conscious is that when you express your mind using if then statement.
How frequent you find yourself posing the question which enquires a reason(s) (usually question that begins with Why) ?
Besides that How often you express yourself with If then statement?
How often do you find yourself give some reason to answer a question? Some may reason to justify, make excuse, etc.
[*]People open up to me easily and I'm often described as a " great listener " and " easy to talk to"
May be because you don't judge them.
[*]Iput my feelings to the side to accomplish the goal even if I disagree with the " how " we are doing it.

How do we do it is a problem that is addressed by extroverted thinker type. Type with Extroverted thinker may think it as a method that should be applied by anybody who carries out a role within a collective entity who wants to achieve the same goal. It could be a consensual method or an acceptable principles for a group like as a business, as an organization, as any other collective entity that is put into question. An extroverted thinker may think regardless who you are, if you want to do this and that, acting as a role, the method will be this and that. They may assume also that The expected result of undergoing the method won't change and any person is expected to perform similarly despite a replacement may be already in place.
Does it sound like you?

Btw, Back to your question whether you are INFJ or INTJ. My response is that what if I identify you with neither?

Last edited: