• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Typing via microexpressions

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]
I wasn't talking only to you. I was making a general statement. But now that you addressed me, I'm laughing. Of course it's the timeless tale of the jilted snowflake. You and the other 999,999,999,999,999,999 INFJs on the internet have no use for CT because they give you alternate typings and you need to cling to your precious psychic special typing. I get it. I've heard this story countless times, it's nothing new. But your attitude is clumsy, like a child throwing a fit. No Fe here. Any other self-typed magical unicorn INFJs want to give this argument a try?

You've heard nothing like this before,
Do you know the part you're playing?

I see your scorn,
And I tell you, pawn,
This is nothing like you have prepared for.

:wizfreak:

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
You've heard nothing like this before,
Do you know the part you're playing?

I see your scorn,
And I tell you, pawn,
This is nothing like you have prepared for.

:wizfreak:

Cute :blush:

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Are you falling in love with me?
I didn't mean to be so apparent,
Now will you forgive me if
I tell all our friends of the chariot?

Ideas begin with inspiration
And evolve through perspiration
From Pod'lair we may inherit
Some emotion or some merit
But with the time CT invested
Pod'lair has been bested.
We thank them for their contribution
And acknowledge evolution.
To CT's delight
Darwin was right.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Ideas begin with inspiration
And evolve through perspiration
From Pod'lair we may inherit
Some emotion or some merit
But with the time CT invested
Pod'lair has been bested.
We thank them for their contribution
And acknowledge evolution.
To CT's delight
Darwin was right.

I did make mention of the forms,
From shine to mystery (and some more),
And what is here for you to show?
For me to know more than I know?
Though I disparage mongerers
Yet through the years have hungered for
A word of wisdom on this front
Yet found myself from all ways shunned

So who is it that we do serve
When our light shine's when undeserved
And what is it that takes our place
As we shoot our rockets into space?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Micro-expressions being involuntary is exactly why they are perfect for evaluating one's type, because type is not a choice in expression - it is the lack of it.
They aren't involuntary. The higher level of using systems based on micro-expressions is consciously using micro-expressions to drive function use.

Accurate typings that can be easily personally verified. I find Pod'lair very convoluted and counter-intuitive. The transparency of the system is a strong appeal to me. Also, CT's types haven't been renamed into "Mojo's." I take that as a plus.
I already saw mistypes among their samples. For example typing an ENTJ as ENFP because they can't differentiate between Judger wrist movements and Perceiver wrist movements. I guess it would be too convoluted.

Spirit forms? Shiny Baby? Yeah... as I said before, I don't care for Pod'lair. I still suggest looking into the model of CT if you are interested - but you do you.
You're missing out on Waifu.

[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]
I wasn't talking only to you. I was making a general statement. But now that you addressed me, I'm laughing. Of course it's the timeless tale of the jilted snowflake. You and the other 999,999,999,999,999,999 INFJs on the internet have no use for CT because they give you alternate typings and you need to cling to your precious psychic special typing. I get it. I've heard this story countless times, it's nothing new. But your attitude is clumsy, like a child throwing a fit. No Fe here. Any other self-typed magical unicorn INFJs want to give this argument a try?
You're assuming it's Fe by itself. From my observation, charming Fe comes mainly from ENTPs and INTPs. NFJs are more on the creepy/cringy side of things.
So, Ti-Fe - smooth, Fe-Ti clumsy.
Yeah, most of "INFJs" on the internets are mistyped, but it's usually the smooth ones which are in reality INTPs with developed Fe.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think the issue with things like this - and typing by other things is that you don't get the full picture. Sure, you can't just type people based on what they say but you need to take them into account. You notice the pattern with a certain function and an expression, fine, but to make it more accurate you need to understand how they are connected.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You're assuming it's Fe by itself. From my observation, charming Fe comes mainly from ENTPs and INTPs. NFJs are more on the creepy/cringy side of things.
Yeah, most of "INFJs" on the internets are mistyped, but it's usually the smooth ones which are in reality INTPs with developed Fe.

Yeah that's one of the downsides of being INFJ.

If you don't Fe you're cold and awkward, but you do Fe you're weird and creepy. Guess we can't do anything right. -_-

And Fe is sensitive to social feedback, even if it's unspoke, so so many INFJ's end up Ti'd up because their Fe is belittled so often.

What are we supposed to do? And I mean, is Pod'lair, if it becomes widespread, really going to stop these things? Is it going to lead to INFJ acceptance?

But what ELSE is it going to lead to? What is this rigid division of people into psychological groupings with a strong emphasis on identification actually going to accomplish?

Oh it's such a headgame. We're trying to give rise to acceptance of accommodation of individual differences, yet we'll end up divided in the process.

And the one's in charge of it all will be those who identify the most with this system itself.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
They aren't involuntary. The higher level of using systems based on micro-expressions is consciously using micro-expressions to drive function use.
Say what now? That sentence doesn't mean anything.

I already saw mistypes among their samples. For example typing an ENTJ as ENFP because they can't differentiate between Judger wrist movements and Perceiver wrist movements. I guess it would be too convoluted.
Vague. Name an example if you're so interested in mistypes, but it is a moot point. Mistypes happen and as the typing method gets better, they will happen less and less. I'm sure you never mistype anyone? Right?... lol

Besides, I doubt you're any good at typing.

You're missing out on Waifu.
lol. Not really.

Is it opposites day?

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
I think the issue with things like this - and typing by other things is that you don't get the full picture. Sure, you can't just type people based on what they say but you need to take them into account. You notice the pattern with a certain function and an expression, fine, but to make it more accurate you need to understand how they are connected.

That's exactly what they're doing; finding and measuring ze patternz and connecting them to type. The meaning isn't lost in making something more concrete.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

He was saying that "micro-expressions" are not really involuntary, but are intricately connected to how we consciously give manifestation to our cognitive functions.

(i.e. if you believe these expressions are a manifestation of our unconscious, then it would indeed seem strange to link it to the conscious side of our configuration)

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
You can see function use in micro-expressions. When you know which function is used, you can use the function through making that expression. You can also copy behaviours from people of the same type.

Since using dominant and auxiliary function gives energy and using tertiary and inferior function costs energy, there's a significant difference between using Te-Si and using Fi-Si for precise physical actions.
For example when I need it for example to take a shower, I make sure to have Fi expression - that is emoting.

I used to think that I'm an Introvert because I tended to massively use Si and Te in conversations. This made me exhausted in about an hour, slowed me down, made me stutter, etc :| . Then I got visually typed and I was watching videos with Emilia Clarke that is also an ENFP and I copied her extensive Fi use in conversations and also started using more Ne and suddenly I could meet someone and chat for hours O_O .

If I want to use Te in conversation, I also widen my eyes to activate Ne to fuel Te and talk faster too O_O .

Vague. Name an example if you're so interested in mistypes, but it is a moot point.
For example Laci Green mistyped as ENFP. She's not a Perceiver. Has no Perceiver hand movements. Saw two mistypes of this kind when I saw literally 6 specimen from their database.

Mistypes happen and as the typing method gets better, they will happen less and less.
If by better you mean more "convoluted".

I'm sure you never mistype anyone? Right?... lol

Besides, I doubt you're any good at typing.
I'm just a novice. I studied for 2 years but I had to scrap everything because the Pod'Lair database is full of mistypes, because its owner didn't bother to put due diligence into typing and would mistype people basing on wishful thinking instead of application of the typing method.

Is it opposites day?
Have you ever seen primary Fe in action?

Also, the way you talk is annoying me, I'm going to add you to my ignore list.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Found this online:

Person#1: "Yeah totally agree, he's ESTP. He doesn't address *actual facts/issues in a logical manner and just insults people and makes fun of them. Not ENTJ behavior."

Person#2: "I think there should be a rule that if you think Trump is an ENTJ, you shouldn't be allowed to type people."

Bro , you are pretty smart and i always learn something from you .... but really if you don't know how the economic and monetary system works you probabily don't know anything about how to type people which have other knowledges above you .

Don't let false news and stupid talks create your perceptions.

Jaguar

<incoherent rambling that has no relevance>

No one was talking to you. If you can't handle reading two people making jokes that has nothing to do with you, don't post at all. Find a safe space.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
You can see function use in micro-expressions. When you know which function is used, you can use the function through making that expression. You can also copy behaviours from people of the same type.

Since using dominant and auxiliary function gives energy and using tertiary and inferior function costs energy, there's a significant difference between using Te-Si and using Fi-Si for precise physical actions.
For example when I need it for example to take a shower, I make sure to have Fi expression - that is emoting.

I used to think that I'm an Introvert because I tended to massively use Si and Te in conversations. This made me exhausted in about an hour, slowed me down, made me stutter, etc :| . Then I got visually typed and I was watching videos with Emilia Clarke that is also an ENFP and I copied her extensive Fi use in conversations and also started using more Ne and suddenly I could meet someone and chat for hours O_O .

If I want to use Te in conversation, I also widen my eyes to activate Ne to fuel Te and talk faster too O_O .

For example Laci Green mistyped as ENFP. She's not a Perceiver. Has no Perceiver hand movements. Saw two mistypes of this kind when I saw literally 6 specimen from their database.

If by better you mean more "convoluted".

I'm just a novice. I studied for 2 years but I had to scrap everything because the Pod'Lair database is full of mistypes, because its owner didn't bother to put due diligence into typing and would mistype people basing on wishful thinking instead of application of the typing method.

Have you ever seen primary Fe in action?

Also, the way you talk is annoying me, I'm going to add you to my ignore list.

Lol. An entire response including a question to my address, only to end with the (bolded). You're some piece of work and I don't respect your (lack of) style.