• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Typing via microexpressions

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
What does CT do that Pod'lair doesn't?
Accurate typings that can be easily personally verified. I find Pod'lair very convoluted and counter-intuitive. The transparency of the system is a strong appeal to me. Also, CT's types haven't been renamed into "Mojo's." I take that as a plus.

Jaguar

Cognitive Type and MBTI are two separate systems, and therefore the two typing systems may not always cross over, so that being a type in one may have no correlation to any given type in the other.

Christ.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Accurate typings that can be easily personally verified. I find Pod'lair very convoluted and counter-intuitive. The transparency of the system is a strong appeal to me. Also, CT's types haven't been renamed into "Mojo's." I take that as a plus.

The typings don't look accurate to me.

Pod'lair is mysteriously intuitive, and I find that almost problematic.

I doubt the transparency is as great as it seems, but how is Pod'lair not transparent? (I'm not saying that it really is)

Leaving the terminology in terms of type is probably a plus, but there is something to be said for refurnishing an out-dated terminology, though I find it frustrating too.

Now, what of all the stuff that Pod'lair has that CT doesn't?

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
The typings don't look accurate to me.

Pod'lair is mysteriously intuitive, and I find that almost problematic.

I doubt the transparency is as great as it seems, but how is Pod'lair not transparent? (I'm not saying that it really is)

Leaving the terminology in terms of type is probably a plus, but there is something to be said for refurnishing an out-dated terminology, though I find it frustrating too.

Now, what of all the stuff that Pod'lair has that CT doesn't?

CT's typings look more accurate and intuitive to me as they confirm most of the suspicions about types and their visual manifestations that I've had for years.

I'm not sure why you want me to contrast it to Pod'lair, though. I have no interest in Pod'lair.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
CT's typings look more accurate and intuitive to me as they confirm most of the suspicions about types and their visual manifestations that I've had for years.

I'm not sure why you want me to contrast it to Pod'lair, though. I have no interest in Pod'lair.

Didn't CT grow as a competitor to PL? Wasn't that it's foundation?

Then "step up to the microphone".

I will reply with what I had prepared...

Now, CT, just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, that's the group that Auburn "masterminded", yes? If I'm talking about a totally different group, then -ignore-.

I was acquainted with this group a while back, and I'm going to assume that what they are now is quite similar to what they were then.

CT spoke of a type in terms of 4 functions, and as if the highest, for example, that an INFJ could hope to achieve was a mastery of Se. (if so, my alcohol intake is certainly a plus!)

Pod'lair includes the unconscious 4 functions. INFJ is NiFeTiSe NeFiTeSi.

Pod'lair then includes spirit forms of Mah'zute, Dar'yu, Uther and Fu'masta, and although those are ripped off from Jung, they're connected to the functions in a way Jung didn't see.

Then Pod'lair gets into the Mergings. Shiny Baby, Tribe of Humanity, Gaia, Cosmos, Infinite Mystery.

And though improvements could be made, and that it's just a surprisingly accurate take on the "universal meta-model" that Leary's 8 Circuits of Consciousness also approximated,
Does CT have anything even remotely similar?

And let's not forget that PL's database is something like 40,000 whereas CT's database is, what, a couple hundred? And I'd guess PL's database is more accurate, but we'll have to agree to disagree there.

And there is plenty else that PL has, but I've only focused on what I've focused on sofar.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
Didn't CT grow as a competitor to PL? Wasn't that it's foundation?

Then "step up to the microphone".
Ask CT themselves maybe? I don't represent them, I endorse them. There's a difference.

I will reply with what I had prepared...

Now, CT, just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, that's the group that Auburn "masterminded", yes? If I'm talking about a totally different group, then -ignore-.

I was acquainted with this group a while back, and I'm going to assume that what they are now is quite similar to what they were then.

CT spoke of a type in terms of 4 functions, and as if the highest, for example, that an INFJ could hope to achieve was a mastery of Se. (if so, my alcohol intake is certainly a plus!)

Pod'lair includes the unconscious 4 functions. INFJ is NiFeTiSe NeFiTeSi.

Pod'lair then includes spirit forms of Mah'zute, Dar'yu, Uther and Fu'masta, and although those are ripped off from Jung, they're connected to the functions in a way Jung didn't see.

Then Pod'lair gets into the Mergings. Shiny Baby, Tribe of Humanity, Gaia, Cosmos, Infinite Mystery.

And though improvements could be made, and that it's just a surprisingly accurate take on the "universal meta-model" that Leary's 8 Circuits of Consciousness also approximated,
Does CT have anything even remotely similar?

And let's not forget that PL's database is something like 40,000 whereas CT's database is, what, a couple hundred? And I'd guess PL's database is more accurate, but we'll have to agree to disagree there.

And there is plenty else that PL has, but I've only focused on what I've focused on sofar.
Spirit forms? Shiny Baby? Yeah... as I said before, I don't care for Pod'lair. I still suggest looking into the model of CT if you are interested - but you do you.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Spirit forms? Shiny Baby? Yeah... as I said before, I don't care for Pod'lair. I still suggest looking into the model of CT if you are interested - but you do you.

Shiny Baby is essentially Jung's archetype of the Self. Or do you not care for Jung either?

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
Shiny Baby is essentially Jung's archetype of the Self. Or do you not care for Jung either?
Lol you are a funny one. I don't care for Pod'lair and their "Shiny Babies."

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Lol you are a funny one. I don't care for Pod'lair and their "Shiny Babies."

This post is a mystery to me.

--

edit: if you have any complaint about the term, take it up with Henry.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
You can yap all day about previous models, and it could be fun to chit chat about how each writer was inspired by the ones before. But if you want to cut the crap and get your type correct, submit a video to CT. =)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You can yap all day about previous models, and it could be fun to chit chat about how each writer was inspired by the ones before. But if you want to cut the crap and get your type correct, submit a video to CT. =)

I already have my type correct. Why on earth would I need CT? That's ridiculous.

Do you know who I am? How well I understand this stuff?

CT doesn't have to listen to me, but that's their loss. MFs.

CT could have listened to me, CT could have taken what I said on board. But they didn't.

Their loss.

This ship has sailed.

Sail on, sailors.

I've already BEEN part of CT. I already did that. Been there - done that. Comprehendo?

They have nothing to offer me, from what I've seen.

"SUBMIT A VIDEO TO CT LOLOLOLL"LOLOLOLL"lol

No thanks.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
I already have my type correct. Why on earth would I need CT? That's ridiculous.

Do you know who I am? How well I understand this stuff?

CT doesn't have to listen to me, but that's their loss. MFs.

CT could have listened to me, CT could have taken what I said on board. But they didn't.

Their loss.

This ship has sailed.

Sail on, sailors.

I've already BEEN part of CT. I already did that. Been there - done that. Comprehendo?

They have nothing to offer me, from what I've seen.

"SUBMIT A VIDEO TO CT LOLOLOLL"LOLOLOLL"lol

No thanks.
Ah... that explains the salt. You know, at first I actually thought you were responding to me in good faith. But alas.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]
I wasn't talking only to you. I was making a general statement. But now that you addressed me, I'm laughing. Of course it's the timeless tale of the jilted snowflake. You and the other 999,999,999,999,999,999 INFJs on the internet have no use for CT because they give you alternate typings and you need to cling to your precious psychic special typing. I get it. I've heard this story countless times, it's nothing new. But your attitude is clumsy, like a child throwing a fit. No Fe here. Any other self-typed magical unicorn INFJs want to give this argument a try?

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
Explain what you mean by that. Be transparent.
I am being transparent, but I will clarify anyway, because you asked so nicely:
I mean that your correspondence to me wasn't in good faith because you've got this massive chip on your shoulder and are just acting all salty about fucking Pod'lair and some shit.